• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/15 GDT : Anaheim Ducks 5 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Don't know why. Mrazek played great in his one game, and he can't get in again.

Babcock's decisions are baffling sometimes.

Well he gets alot of work because the defense gives up a ton of ridiculous scoring chances, but yeah.. May as well see what Mrazek is all about.

Babcock's decisions are baffling sometimes.

This has been a perpetual thought for me. Between the Goaltending choices and then seeing how Cleary is given such preferential treatment for no apparent reason.

Guest Crymson

What do you all expect? The team is playing without four top-six players, the team's best grinder, and an important defenseman. And don't give me the nonsense about injuries being no excuse. If one removes talent from any organization, that organization's performance will suffer.

Crappy game. Not much we can do about it either. Couple of other things. The worse thing that can ahppen to a young G is to get shell shocked early in his career. Witht he way we are playing that could happen to Mar. So babcock is wisely being carefull. That being said, Howard loks like he is banged up as well. before the game they were showing him in the lcoker room. His left hand was tapped up. Doubt that is normal. Also, about half way throught he 3rd, Howard seemed to be having a hard time getting back up off of the ice.

the truely scary part is, just how little talent we have after our top 3-4 guys. There just isn't much here as a team/organization. A bunch of role players, but nothing one can count on.

Best we can do now, if try to forget and move on from tonight.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

aww i was one goal off the final score!

just a horrible defensive effort tonight. WAY too many turnovers. there were times i was like...really??!

then when they showed lids i was thinking maybe hes thinking of coming out of retirement with this horrible defense lol.

i dont know about anyone else but i rarely heard filpulas name tonight. did anyone?

What do you all expect? The team is playing without four top-six players, the team's best grinder, and an important defenseman. And don't give me the nonsense about injuries being no excuse. If one removes talent from any organization, that organization's performance will suffer.

I agree with you however early third period was bad tonight though. Couple of turnovers can cost you big always. Bad luck imo

We've fought through injuries admirably this season, but there comes a point when it gets too much. Losing Franzen and most of all Datsyuk just kills our top 6. Let's face it, winning tonight against this Ducks team with our depleted roster would have been nothing short of miraculous.

I really hope that the turning point injury-wise comes real soon before we sink too much in the standings. Way too many lingering injuries and then new ones before we get anyone back.

Also I'm in agreement with Babcock making baffling decisions. How such a good coach can give so much ice-time to Cleary is hard to understand. And wtf, give Mrazek a start. Kid should have started 2-3 games by now. If he gets 'shellshocked' and can't bounce back he was never gonna make it in the NHL anyway.

Howard needs a break. I don't get why he is getting so many starts. Come the end of the season, they will be lucky if he can even stand up in net. Babcock needs to treat the shortened season for howard like September callups in baseball. I really hope babcock is not leaving that decision up to howard.

How such a good coach can give so much ice-time to Cleary is hard to understand.

It's not that he's giving him so much ice-time. It's the situations Babs is putting him in. As far as average TOI, he's sitting around 16 minutes/game. 5 forwards have more.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20132DETSASALL&sort=avgTOIPerGame&viewName=timeOnIce

I love the way Jimmy handles his interviews. He hates journalists.

It's not that he's giving him so much ice-time. It's the situations Babs is putting him in. As far as average TOI, he's sitting around 16 minutes/game. 5 forwards have more.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20132DETSASALL&sort=avgTOIPerGame&viewName=timeOnIce

I love the way Jimmy handles his interviews. He hates journalists.

That's still too much considering he's easily been our worst forward. But yes, not playing him in the top 6, on every PP, PK and in every pressure situation would be a start.

Guest irishock

For the past 3 years, the team has been way too reliant on Datsyuk. Earlier last decade, not even losing Yzerman or Fedorov did the team suffer as much as they do today without Pavs.

Watching that play where Whites stick explodes just kills me. Howie makes the initial stop but the defense just isn't able to get there in time. If White stays on his feet there he maybe gets in the way of the rebound in time. No way to know.

Edited by jfranzen

For the past 3 years, the team has been way too reliant on Datsyuk. Earlier last decade, not even losing Yzerman or Fedorov did the team suffer as much as they do today without Pavs.

Yeah he's huge for us but come on. Not like he's the only guy we are without. I'm sure those teams with Stevie Y and Feds also suffered if you took out 7-8 guys from the lineup.

Well....same bunch of crappy players.....

....Quincey blows, Cleary sucks, Kindl inept,(1.) not impressed with Nyquist what-so-ever, Howard playing WELL below average...

Just don't understand why babcock has M-Raz riding the pine. If you aint gonna play him, send him back to GR, he needs to play. I think babs is riding Howards crank or something because he just won't sit him...(2.)M-raz is way better than Howard IMO.

Once again Bobby Ryan showing that he is the player we need on this team! Make the Filppula package deal tonight! Hell, make a blockbuster and acquire both Perry & Ryan...

Did Kenny say that Helm was nowhere near returning?(3.) Jeezus! He has become too fragile for the NHL...

On a positive note, I am still being impressed with Tatar...what an insult to compare him to Hudler the Pile of Bile. Andersson had a nice one, he needs to keep it up to keep me on his bandwagon.

Time to sit the crap...Cleary, Q, Kindl and yes, sit Howard for a couple, let him know the job is on the line because the M-Raz train is coming and it's an express...

1. He's played two games this year and was not bad in either, IMO. He played better than most of the players in our top 6.

2. He's played one game and he's already better than Howard? :confused1: True, this was a bad game in regard to goals against, but you can't blame it all on Jimmy. The St. Louis game was another story.

3. Helm battles day in and day out when he's in the lineup. I'm guessing his back never fully healed like it was originally thought, but to say he is too fragile is quite a leap. He IS human, and it's not like he's Colaiacovo injury prone.. :glare:

I'm honestly not trying to make excuses for anyone, but the extremes people go to on this site whenever the Wings have a bad (or good) game are kind of ridiculous. I mean it starts out Ericsson is garbage and doesn't deserve his salary and now he's our best put down D-man? I feel like there's a lot of bandwagon hate on this forum. Look at Emmerton, he's done nothing but play hard and create a ton of energy-and a few points- with Miller and Toots, yet the guys is pretty regularly trashed on. Some players just have bad games. To clarify, I am not saying there are not some people on this roster who have not met up to their expectations(or contract) or players who's time in Detroit should come to an end. I really have been disappointed with Kronner this year, he seems to have regressed to the point where I honestly don't think I would be too upset if he were moved for a good return. Cleary, I think, should be moved as he has become redundant. And I know I'm probably going to get burned alive for this one but...I think Quincey has just been hit with some really bad luck. He's got great potential and is a talented defenseman , I just think he's snake bitten.

Anyway, I have strayed from my main point which is "bad games happen, and we live on".

I expect two veterans in Kronwall & White to play like veterans, not rookies.

I would agree with this, if only the team hasn't stunk up the ice most night WITH the current injured players in the lineup. Really, the only guys that we haven't seen if they can have a positive affect on this team are Helm and Sammy. Datsyuk is a no brainer, we need him. But honestly, having a healthy Franzine, Bertuzzi, Smith & Cola hasn't proven to make that much of a difference with the exception of a good night here or there...

I like what the kids are bringing, and given the consistant opportunity, they should solve a lot of our scoring problems, but our entire Defense with the exception of Lashoff, E on some nights and Huskins, who, for the life of me, isn't playing, are playing like puke. Kronner has ZERO confindence, White is just an average d-man who Lidstrom made into a better player and I have no need to mention Q and Kindl....so when basically you best defenseman (and I like the kid, I really do) is Lashoff, you are in a world of hurt no matter who you have up front.

I think Howard needs to sit out about 4 or 5 games in a row. I do not know why Babcock refuses to play M-Raz... Ya, I know, Howard has senority, he earned his way to the #1 spot, but if he isn't playing great, then having the crappy D in front of you is going to make you look stupid. He gave up some horrible rebounds tonight, one leading right to Ryan's goal. It's time to give M-Raz a go and see if he can turn this crap around. I know it's rough to throw a rookie out there with the crappy defense, but let him play. If not send him back to GR so he can get some games in. If you aren't gonna play the backup once in a while, I think McCollum will suit that role just dandy and M-Raz can give top minutes in GR.

The bottom line is, if Holland is not going to get a pure goal scorer (and if Brunner and Tatar continue the way they are playing) then he NEEDS to make that blockbuster legit #1 defender trade! Kronner cannot handle being #1, he plays best at #3. Bring in a top 5 in the NHL defender to pair up with Ericsson, move Kronner down with Lashoff, dress Huskins for pete's sake and a healthy Smith will round out the 6, until then, White will play his minutes. I was NEVER EVER on the Q train and he is proving me right every night. Same goes with Kindl. He had some solid plays tonight and that alone is good enough to keep him for the #7 spot. Or if you have to include him in a deal, then make White your #7. I don't know who would be involved in a trade to get that #1 here, but whatever it takes, it is blatenly obvious that they need him here....whoever he is. #1 Defender Wanted, 25 minutes a game.

Edited by LeftWinger