• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/15 GDT : Anaheim Ducks 5 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Not much talk on here about Fil. With the way Tatar has been playing maybe Fil could be shopped? Its clear that the Wings need some energy injected into this line up every night. Would Fil and Gus be enough to get us a real sniper or a top d-man? Remembering you have to give to get

What do you all expect? The team is playing without four top-six players, the team's best grinder, and an important defenseman. And don't give me the nonsense about injuries being no excuse. If one removes talent from any organization, that organization's performance will suffer.

Honestly, this team wasn't that good last year in the playoffs, when they were relatively healthy.

This defense looked shaky even when the season began and they were together.

For Babs, age trumps effort any day.

For sure! I don't get it! Give the kids a shot...I know I beat on the trade for a sniper drum a ton, but it looks like Tatar has some hands, and I was impressed tonight with Andersson. Holland should trade for that #1 defender he needs and Babs needs to let the kids play with a defense behind them that can actually log some NHL minutes instead of looking like the Continental League. I would definitely keep Bertuzzi and Sammy out of the lineup for Tatar and Andersson. Of course I would also sit Cleary, so maybe one of Bert/Sammy can have his spot.

Hopefully we can just pick up Iginla when his contract is up. Just let the team bleed this season, let people point the finger at Holland if they want. We'll retool and refit in the offseason.

For sure! I don't get it! Give the kids a shot...I know I beat on the trade for a sniper drum a ton, but it looks like Tatar has some hands, and I was impressed tonight with Andersson. Holland should trade for that #1 defender he needs and Babs needs to let the kids play with a defense behind them that can actually log some NHL minutes instead of looking like the Continental League. I would definitely keep Bertuzzi and Sammy out of the lineup for Tatar and Andersson. Of course I would also sit Cleary, so maybe one of Bert/Sammy can have his spot.

Agreed. I'd love to see more of the kids move up, can you imagine half a team of guys playing as hard as Tatar, Andersson, and Lashoff?

Edit: Also Mrazek.

Edited by jfranzen

White and Kronwall playing terrible, our second line just looked confused together, and Cleary still getting premium spots. What a mess. At least I felt okay about Quincey and Kindl this game, which is rare for me. Oh and that 4th goal on Howard was terrible. I know it was 2 on 1 but that rebound control was pathetic, and then he just lazily opened his legs. And I'm a Howard fan, I'm not just hating on him. He should sit a game though.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

Wings have Bert, Smith, Coli, Helm, Franzen and Samuelsson out add on Datsyuk to that list and this team is really in trouble. All those players and they were playing a Ducks team that has been one of the best in the league to start the season, I was really just hoping to get a point out of this one.

The defense has been terrible the last 2 games, Howard stands on his head and steals 2 points against the Kings and the d-core thanks him by playing two stinkers in a row. You can tell Howard was pretty annoyed when asked about the turnovers in the post game interview and he is right those guys need to be called out.

Why is that pleb Quincey not being scratched yet

Edited by Yak19

Just watched the highlights, seemed like Tatar-Nyquist-Andersson were our best only players.

Defensive turnover continuing to be the bane of our season. We got away with it against the Kings when we were physically incapable of getting the puck out of our zone, but the Ducks punished us. I don't know if thats bad coaching, the forwards not working hard enough, bad decisions by the D.....I think thats why we're seeing so many bad line changes too, because our breakout/transition game is so bad.

this is a serious question...what makes you more nervous, a red wings without Lidstrom or a red wings without Datsyuk?

As much as I love Datsyuk, losing Lidas made me nervous since rumors!!! about his retirement. Not even the god of danglers Datsyuk can come close to it.

I am not surprised the Ducks are off to a fantastique start so far and the Wings are injury rattled.

So I haven't watched the game, look at the stats and see that Z, Brunner, Cleary were -3? Did they play that bad? Or "just" got very unlucky?

Z and Brunner were fine, Cleary was just there. They missed an assignment on the first goal as a line, but the other two weren't on the forwards. That was Ian White's doing for both.

I don't understand why Bab's could at least try out Toot's on 2nd or 3rd line. Oh, also would love to see him with Helm someday! Wow would that be a fast line....Ha!

Edited by zztop40

Guest Crymson

Z and Brunner were fine, Cleary was just there. They missed an assignment on the first goal as a line, but the other two weren't on the forwards. That was Ian White's doing for both.

Yes, he deliberately exploded his stick. Right?

white + filppula for yandle and torres

Haha. If you want to see routinely blown coverage in the defensive zone, watch Yandle.

Haha. If you want to see routinely blown coverage in the defensive zone, watch Yandle.

Yandle is pretty close to Mike Green, the only thing about them that says defense is that it's written in the program. We just need some continuity..we need a streak of games where we can get 3 pairs playing together and build some chemistry

Still harping on that I see? I never claimed it was intentional. I said White was playing poorly before that incident and he proved it further by turning the puck over in the third, leading directly to a goal. Even beyond that, White isn't contributing offensively (his supposed strong suit) and he certainly hasn't been reliable in his own end. If you want to debate a broken stick, fine. I will stand by my assertion that White has been terrible without Lidstrom as a partner.

Keep nitpicking points, though. It's probably a lot easier to do than actually adding insight about the game.

Edited by GoWings1905