• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Jedi

Jedi

Smarter than the average bear? Pfft.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,783 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

Probably got hurt stopping that Russian meteor... Datsyuk is strong, but he's not Superman.

Get well soon, Pavs. We need you!

a1e74.jpg

#22 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Last couple of games he was the target.... too bad
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#23 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,368 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

Wonder if its anything to do with that hit he took from Doughty. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#24 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

S & C issue? No. This is a product of who we are as a team. We are an older team, a smaller team, and we do have a fair share of injury prone guys. This shouldn't be a surprise. The history is there.

Both Dat and Z have been playing less games for the past few years. never anything serious, just more smaller nagging things that reduces their playing time. has Colaviaco every played a full season? bert has been battling back issues for years. Gus openly admits that he starts every year with groin issues. Franzen picks up naggin injuries every year.

Point is, this shouldn't be a surprise. Do I like it? hell no. But it is what it is. All we can do is try to play through it, and GO GRIFFINS!

#25 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,291 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

S & C issue? No. This is a product of who we are as a team. We are an older team, a smaller team, and we do have a fair share of injury prone guys. This shouldn't be a surprise. The history is there.
Both Dat and Z have been playing less games for the past few years. never anything serious, just more smaller nagging things that reduces their playing time. has Colaviaco every played a full season? bert has been battling back issues for years. Gus openly admits that he starts every year with groin issues. Franzen picks up naggin injuries every year.
Point is, this shouldn't be a surprise. Do I like it? hell no. But it is what it is. All we can do is try to play through it, and GO GRIFFINS!

You have a point, but the problem isn't so much guys getting hurt as it is everyone getting hurt at the same time. We could easily handle Pav or Franzen or Helm or Smith or Bert being out but not all of them at the same time.

#26 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,368 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

Is there any update on his condition? 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#27 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

You have a point, but the problem isn't so much guys getting hurt as it is everyone getting hurt at the same time. We could easily handle Pav or Franzen or Helm or Smith or Bert being out but not all of them at the same time.

But we had this last year as well. One of the best teams after 60 games, then the injuries mounted and we barely made it to the PO's, and lost in the first round.

One of my biggest fears is Holland and company make the excuse that it is only injuries, and not start making the moves we need. We have to get bigger, faster, stronger, tougher, and add more skill.

#28 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:01 AM

Is there any update on his condition? 

Sore shoulder according to NHL.com.  Like a poster above, I wonder if its related to the Doughty hit.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#29 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

Anybody think it might be time to do a review of the strength and conditioning staff? These injuries are constantly mounting and other teams seem to have nowhere near the amount of man games lost (since 09-10 truly)  :glare:

Not true, in fact. Middle of the pack over last three years actually. Near the top 09-10, around the middle in 10-11, and near the bottom last year.

http://springingmali...eason-wrap.html

#30 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

Sore shoulder according to NHL.com.  Like a poster above, I wonder if its related to the Doughty hit.

Nah, sore shoulders from carrying the team.. :P

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#31 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

This is my hunch. Hoping it's something minor and we'll see him back next game.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#32 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 565 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Ansar Khan
@AnsarKhanMLive

Datsyuk said he is 50-50 for tomorrow's game.

Samuelsson will be back, too!
Mrazek will get the start!

http://kuklaskorner...._medium=twitter

Edited by germanwing, 16 February 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#33 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

Ansar Khan
‏@AnsarKhanMLive

Datsyuk said he is 50-50 for tomorrow's game.

Samuelsson will be back, too!
Mrazek will get the start!
http://kuklaskorner...._medium=twitter

Not a Sammy guy, but liking the rest.

#34 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

To be honest with you, I think it has almost everything to do with that and the fact that St. Louis's Backes seems to have it out for our guys as well.  The combination of the two I think just took its toll.

Posted Image