Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

The Good, the Bad (or average), and the Ugly

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

Good: Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Ericsson

Bad (or average): Franzen, Filppula, Brunner, Quincey, Howard

Ugly: Cleary, Kronwall, White

These are the guys I expected things out of this year.

Great movie. Unfortunately, it's a misused and misunderstood title.

Quincey belongs in the ugly part. He's not scoring, not defending, not hitting, etc. Getting paid well, though.

Brunner should be in the good. He's made some mistakes, but he's scoring and exceeding expectations.

Quincey belongs in the ugly part. He's not scoring, not defending, not hitting, etc. Getting paid well, though.

Brunner should be in the good. He's made some mistakes, but he's scoring and exceeding expectations.

Brunner was -3 tonight.

Good: Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Ericsson

Bad (or average): Franzen, Filppula, Brunner, Quincey, Howard

Ugly: Cleary, Kronwall, White

These are the guys I expected things out of this year.

I guess you have to go back to before the season. What did you expect? I thought we were/are a slighly better than .500 team that would end up between 6th and 10th in the WC. Guess what. That is what we are. To "good" to be considered a bad team, but not good enough to hang with ethe top teams anymore.

Quincey would be closer to good in my opinion. Even in tonight's train wreck of a game he finished as a + while playing first pairing minutes.

He's definitely not scoring and that's a problem, but he's not getting scored on, which is why he's 22nd in the entire NHL in +/-

Our #1 defenceman in Kronwall is 1 goal away from being in dead last in the NHL in the same stat.

Not sure about all season as it seems to change night in night out, but for tonight's game

Good - Tatar, Andersson, Emmerton, Quincey and Eaves

Bad (Or Average) - Kindl, Ericsson, Howard, Tootoo, Abdelkader, Miller, and Nyquist

Ugly - Kronwall, Zetterberg, Brunner, Filppula, Lashoff, White, and Cleary,

Guest The Axe

Another bogus thread.

+ tonight young kids show they can play

- members on this board.

Quincey is a +7 and leads the team am I missing something?

ps. I'm not even a Quincey fan either. Sad.

I agree with you on Quincey. But this thread is rad.

Guest The Axe

I disagree and think this thread is poop like most of your threads.

Fair enough! Will you agree that a 6 pack takes the sting off this loss a bit?!!!

f*** this thread. Watch the season play out like real men (and women).

Franzen - Z - Brunner

Tatar - Datsyuk - Clowe

Nyquist - Helm - Sammy

Abby - Andersson - Tootoo

Emmerton (who I really think has heart)

Tallinder - Smith

Kronwall - Ericsson

Quincey - D. Murray

Kindl/Lashoff

Howard

Monster

Seems like a realistic and stable 23 man roster for next season.

Edited by rick zombo

Another bogus thread.

+ tonight young kids show they can play

- members on this board.

Quincey is a +7 and leads the team am I missing something?

ps. I'm not even a Quincey fan either. Sad.

Quincey has improved since the first couple of games and isn't among our top problems right now, but +/- doesn't tell the whole story. For example he has taken numerous stupid/clumsy penalties.

As for the thread what can you say. Only a few of the 'regulars' have lived up to exectations. Those would be Z, Ericsson, Smith Howard (I blame his ups and downs on Babcock overplaying him), Datsyuk... that's about it. Maybe Franzen too, I think he gets too much hate.

The positive thing is a number of new guys have exceeded expectations. Brunner, Tatar, Lashoff, Tootoo..

We really need to get guys like Kronwall and Filppula going. Kronwall in particular is such a detriment to the team it's beginning to look like a joke that we were hoping he could even somewhat fill the shoes of LIdstrom.

Yeah, Kronner has been a huge disappointment. He's supposed to be the #1 D-man...I suppose we have to realize he's more of a second pairing guy.

Exactly he is what he is, which is a great second pairing guy just not good enough to be a number one. So asking him to do that job without Lidström is just too much.

Yeah, Kronner has been a huge disappointment. He's supposed to be the #1 D-man...I suppose we have to realize he's more of a second pairing guy.

Quincey has improved since the first couple of games and isn't among our top problems right now, but +/- doesn't tell the whole story. For example he has taken numerous stupid/clumsy penalties.

As for the thread what can you say. Only a few of the 'regulars' have lived up to exectations. Those would be Z, Ericsson, Smith Howard (I blame his ups and downs on Babcock overplaying him), Datsyuk... that's about it. Maybe Franzen too, I think he gets too much hate.

The positive thing is a number of new guys have exceeded expectations. Brunner, Tatar, Lashoff, Tootoo..

We really need to get guys like Kronwall and Filppula going. Kronwall in particular is such a detriment to the team it's beginning to look like a joke that we were hoping he could even somewhat fill the shoes of LIdstrom.

...and if he doesn't get out of his stinkiness, his contract will become a detriment as well....

Are you suggesting that Holland picks up the phone, and acquires both Tallinder, and Murray?

As much as I'd like to see some moves made - I just don't see Holland doing anything until UFA later this summer.

Agreed x 2...I could be off base, but it seems as though the pressure of being the #1 Dman on the team has placed Kronwall in a bind.

I'm suggesting those moves happen in the offseason. That's why I said "next season".

Tallinder, Murray, and Clowe could all be UFAs.

Good (solid): Dats, Z, Brunner, Lashoff, Tootoo, Huskins, Mrazek

Ugly (hot garbage): Quincey, Cleary, Kronwall, Kindl (most nights)

Bad (to average) : Rest of the team....

ungraded: Helm, Sammy, Cola, Monster, Mursak, Tatar, Andersson, Nyquist...

I'd put Flip in the good along with Tatar and Andersson. The kids have been spectacular and Flip, a lot of people don't notice him as much cause he spends so much of his time trying to cover for other peoples mistakes and be in perfect position to keep the puck out of our net, and on top of that, he gets points himself. Unfortunately, everyone wants him to do his thing and get 1.5 points per game. I agree 100% with the hot garbage...even Kronwall who needs to be old Kronwall again that doesn't try to do everything. Babcock needs to pair him 100% with Ericsson and keep that line for good to have some chemistry. You need a duo to fall back on that plays together as a constant.