• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

These are my sentiments. Holland needed to go after Suter and Parise with an open checkbook. 9 mil per for both sound ridiculous? Well, we are almost paying 20 mil to a bunch of guys we get little return out of anyways.

Quincey = 3.7 mil
Bertuzzi = 1.75 mil
Sammy = 3 mil
Monster = 1.75 mil
Cleary = 2 mil
Tootoo = 1.8 mil
Colo = 2 mil
Huskins = .75 mil
White = 1.75 mil

Thats 18.5 mil.

Oh you screwed us, Axe. We are over the cap now.

Wrong.

This assumes we could play a sane Ken Holland from the Bertuzzi signing forward.

I trade Filppula, Kronwall, and Franzen for Cory Perry and sign Perry to 9 mil per.

Parise (9) - Dats (6.75) - Perry (9)
Zetterberg (6.25) - Helm (3) - Brunner (2)
Tartar (1) - Andersson (1) - Nyquist (1)
Sheahan (.75) - Emmerton (1) - Ferarro (.75)

Jarnkrok (.75) - Next GR guy (.75)

Suter (9) - Ericsson (3)
Smith (2) - Lashoff (1)
Sproul (.75) - Ouelette (.75)

Huskins (.75)

Mrazek (1)
McCollum (.75)

62 mil.

Funny how you claim playing a sane ken holland with a completely insane scenario. There's too much wrong to say it all but this team would probably not make the playoffs.... With everyone we have now healthy I think we're much better off.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#22 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

These are my sentiments. Holland needed to go after Suter and Parise with an open checkbook. 9 mil per for both sound ridiculous? Well, we are almost paying 20 mil to a bunch of guys we get little return out of anyways.

Quincey = 3.7 mil
Bertuzzi = 1.75 mil
Sammy = 3 mil
Monster = 1.75 mil
Cleary = 2 mil
Tootoo = 1.8 mil
Colo = 2 mil
Huskins = .75 mil
White = 1.75 mil

Thats 18.5 mil.

Wrong.

This assumes we could play a sane Ken Holland from the Bertuzzi signing forward.

I trade Filppula, Kronwall, and Franzen for Cory Perry and sign Perry to 9 mil per.

Suter (9) - Ericsson (3)
Smith (2) - Lashoff (1)

Huskins (.75)

Mrazek (1)
McCollum (.75)

62 mil.

This is like the 5th time I've explained this to you..Holland went at both of these guys with an open check book.  They were not going to come to Detroit..end of story..it has nothing to do with the money.  Get this through your head and quit posting these stupid lineups that involve Suter and Parise.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#23 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

This is like the 5th time I've explained this to you..Holland went at both of these guys with an open check book.  They were not going to come to Detroit..end of story..it has nothing to do with the money.  Get this through your head and quit posting these stupid lineups that involve Suter and Parise.

Thats not the way I remember it going down.

#24 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Thats not the way I remember it going down.

Clearly you don't because you keep posting lineups with these guys on the team when they already play for another team.

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#25 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

Mrs. Parise and Mrs. Suter had everything to do with the destination that the Thunderbuddies ended up in, and that's Minnesota.  End of story.  Perry could test the market this summer, but not sure if he'd end up here.  I'd like to see him or Getzlaf, but they can still re-sign with the Ducks before 1 July.  I'd like Iginla as well and I personally think he's our most realistic target.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#26 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

No clue how Dan Cleary earned an NHL roster spot. The guy is worthless. He's slower than ever, can't complete a crisp pass to save his life. And he loses about 90% of his puck battles. I mean I know we have a lot of guys out right now. But id seriously rather call up another griffen then have to deal with a liability on the ice like Cleary

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#27 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Im just preparing for Cleary, Howard, and Filppula to be re-signed for 2.5, 3.5, and 4.5 mil. Then we try and lowball Perry and say we dont have enough room to pay you what youre worth. You can bank on that happening.

#28 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Im just preparing for Cleary, Howard, and Filppula to be re-signed for 2.5, 3.5, and 4.5 mil. Then we try and lowball Perry and say we dont have enough room to pay you what youre worth. You can bank on that happening.

Cleary I don't care about..Jimmy is worth 3.5 and Flip will be in the 3.75 - 4 mil range.Perfectly normal salaries for guys of their age and skill level.

#29 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

Cleary is horrific.

#30 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Cleary is horrific.

Sucks to see a guy like him start to fail like this..always loved the guy and he's done alot for this team but its time to move on.

#31 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Quincey = 3.7 mil
Bertuzzi = 1.75 mil
Sammy = 3 mil
Monster = 1.75 mil
Cleary = 2 mil
Tootoo = 1.8 mil
Colo = 2 mil
Huskins = .75 mil
White = 1.75 mil

Thats 18.5 mil.

Wrong.

Suter (9) - Ericsson (3)
Smith (2) - Lashoff (1)

Huskins (.75)

Mrazek (1)
McCollum (.75)

62 mil.

ah, doesn't Tatar have the same amount of goals as Perry?

#32 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

I agree that the kids have filled in admirably, but I'll still take Datsyuk, Franzen, Helm, and Smith over Tatar, Nyquist, Andersson, and Lashoff. Far, far better chance to overcome our mistakes with the first group.

And I'll take depth in the minors over whatever marginal difference those kids might make over whomever else they might replace. I'm thinking if we had Sheahan, Ferraro, Pare, and Almqvist as call-ups right now, we might not be so happy.

#33 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

I'm going to quot my wife and say that in last nights game,you could tell who wanted it and who was a mill fat cat.the boys from GR were making the plays and the fat cats were giving it away.

- LT

#34 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

Quincey = 3.7 mil
Bertuzzi = 1.75 mil
Sammy = 3 mil
Monster = 1.75 mil
Cleary = 2 mil
Tootoo = 1.8 mil
Colo = 2 mil
Huskins = .75 mil
White = 1.75 mil

Thats 18.5 mil.

Wrong.

Suter (9) - Ericsson (3)
Smith (2) - Lashoff (1)

Huskins (.75)

Mrazek (1)
McCollum (.75)

62 mil.

Axe you and I agree that we need to make some moves. but you have to have a better understanding on who can be moved and what value they truely have. For example: Kronwall has a full NTC. We can't trade him untill after the 2016 season IIRC. Even then it is to a team on a player provided list. Franzen with his bad contract has very little value. maybe a 2/3 round pick at max. He is signed untill he is 40/41 years old, and the cap hit remains regardless if he plays or not. Filppula is a UFA after this year, thus lowering his value. Suter and parise are gone, get over it.

Yes we need to rebuild/retool. That is clear to all-that want to admit it. But it isn't a one year thing either. it will take 2-3 years to change over the roster. 7-8 guys per year is a lot of change to begin with. But first we have to hope our braintrust realizes this, and that "injuries" are not the only problem.

Cleary I don't care about..Jimmy is worth 3.5 and Flip will be in the 3.75 - 4 mil range.Perfectly normal salaries for guys of their age and skill level.

I would love to get Howard and Fil to resign so cheap. Hudler got 4 million per, and Fil is a much better player than Hudler. Even with the reductions in the cap, Fil will get 5+ million per year. Howard will also be ion the 5 million per range.

#35 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

Pay Jimmy what he's worth. Flip to me is a player that I would deal in a package to get a d-man or a sniper if we are in the hunt at this years deadline. He is not a bad two way player but he will not shoot the puck. He might be the only guy that would bring us value in a trade and he is replaceable by Nyquist for less money. 

#36 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Resign Flip for 4 million, contingent that he has more than 200 shots in the year.

#37 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

What dont you like?

Where to start...I'm assuming to do this you've gone back in time to last years Free Agency period and not signed anyone of the guys that we did. Conceding that here are some problems I have with your roster.

1. A goaltending tandem that was average in the AHL, led by a 21 year old with 1 game of NHL experience and backed up by a guy who should be playing for Toledo.
  2. over 40% of our cap space spent on 3 players, none of which worth anywhere near 9 million dollars a season.
  3. No depth whatsoever...every injury would require a FA signing, which we couldn't do because of lack of cap flexibility.
  4. What happened to half the roster? you can only buy out 2 guys, did Abdelkader, Eaves, Quincey, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, Miller, White, Kindl and Mursak all retire

#38 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Axe you and I agree that we need to make some moves. but you have to have a better understanding on who can be moved and what value they truely have. For example: Kronwall has a full NTC. We can't trade him untill after the 2016 season IIRC. Even then it is to a team on a player provided list. Franzen with his bad contract has very little value. maybe a 2/3 round pick at max. He is signed untill he is 40/41 years old, and the cap hit remains regardless if he plays or not. Filppula is a UFA after this year, thus lowering his value. Suter and parise are gone, get over it.
Yes we need to rebuild/retool. That is clear to all-that want to admit it. But it isn't a one year thing either. it will take 2-3 years to change over the roster. 7-8 guys per year is a lot of change to begin with. But first we have to hope our braintrust realizes this, and that "injuries" are not the only problem.

I would love to get Howard and Fil to resign so cheap. Hudler got 4 million per, and Fil is a much better player than Hudler. Even with the reductions in the cap, Fil will get 5+ million per year. Howard will also be ion the 5 million per range.

Good analysis. Facts are facts, so yah, my proposed scenario is bogus. But the concept isnt. We are overpaying a lot of players who arent adding what the team needs. We need to grab a few difference makers, even if they come at a high price.

Where to start...I'm assuming to do this you've gone back in time to last years Free Agency period and not signed anyone of the guys that we did. Conceding that here are some problems I have with your roster.

• A goaltending tandem that was average in the AHL, led by a 21 year old with 1 game of NHL experience and backed up by a guy who should be playing for Toledo.
  • over 40% of our cap space spent on 3 players, none of which worth anywhere near 9 million dollars a season.
  • No depth whatsoever...every injury would require a FA signing, which we couldn't do because of lack of cap flexibility.
  • What happened to half the roster? you can only buy out 2 guys, did Abdelkader, Eaves, Quincey, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, Miller, White, Kindl and Mursak all retire

I assumed we were back just before the bertuzzi signing.

#39 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

Quincey = 3.7 mil
Bertuzzi = 1.75 mil
Sammy = 3 mil
Monster = 1.75 mil
Cleary = 2 mil
Tootoo = 1.8 mil
Colo = 2 mil
Huskins = .75 mil
White = 1.75 mil

Thats 18.5 mil.

Wrong.

Suter (9) - Ericsson (3)
Smith (2) - Lashoff (1)

Huskins (.75)

Mrazek (1)
McCollum (.75)

62 mil.

Oh god that's worse than our current team, without the injuries. What the hell kind of depth would that team have if Suter, Parise Datsyuk, or Zetterberg go down? Not to mention we'd have two rookie goalies, and only two penalty killers on the back end. Yikes.

#40 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Oh god that's worse than our current team, without the injuries. What the hell kind of depth would that team have if Suter, Parise Datsyuk, or Zetterberg go down? Not to mention we'd have two rookie goalies, and only two penalty killers on the back end. Yikes.

Turn on Xbox>>> load up NHL 13 >>> Make 10 trades >>> Post lineup on LGW.  Seems about how he comes up with this stuff.  Is there still an ignore button on this site?

• DSM likes this