• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Oh god that's worse than our current team, without the injuries. What the hell kind of depth would that team have if Suter, Parise Datsyuk, or Zetterberg go down? Not to mention we'd have two rookie goalies, and only two penalty killers on the back end. Yikes.

Wed have 5 allstars again, at least!!!

#42 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

The Axe is right about one thing: we're carrying a lot of dead weight.  Cleary's a decent guy and all, but it's time to get rid of him.  He provides absolutely nothing consistently.  Bertuzzi hasn't had a chance to earn another contract being as he's been hurt, so I'm going to reserve judgement on him.  Quincey should already be gone.  But, due to injuries, we need a plug like him.  Smitty and Colo should return before the trade deadline.  Assuming both come back and stay healthy, I think it's time we either dealt or bought Quincey out.  He's gotten progressively worse since we acquired him.  Everyone thought this was a great move when we picked him up.  Now, he's the goat.  Funny how that works.

But, Holland sleeps through the deadline for the last few years, so my guess is that nothing changes and we either limp into the playoffs and get embarassed all over again or just miss it altogether and spend the summer screaming for change...and receiving none.  Another summer just like last summer, if you ask me.  The future just doesn't look very bright from that perspective.  The GR kids look OK, though.  Too bad we're headed for the cellar until they can prop the team back up.

Edited by DetroitRedWings1993, 21 February 2013 - 01:22 PM.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#43 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

No clue how Dan Cleary earned an NHL roster spot. The guy is worthless. He's slower than ever, can't complete a crisp pass to save his life. And he loses about 90% of his puck battles. I mean I know we have a lot of guys out right now. But id seriously rather call up another griffen then have to deal with a liability on the ice like Cleary

At least he's a UFA next year.