• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

Swedish journalist Per Bjurman was in Detroit and talking to Nick Lidstrom and Holmstrom outside the lockerrom at the Joe, when Mike Babcock came by and had this to say:

- I love you more than when you played, because now I understand how much you meant. Our f****** powerplay ... I can not get anyone to do what you did. Damn, "Homer", if I had known better maybe I would have appreciated you a bit more, he shrieks happily, unaware that it is a Swedish journalist next to them...

#2 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

Well Babcock, maybe try a different PP approach then?

#3 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,522 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

Who needs Holmstrom when we have Kronwall to block the view of the netmi......Wait......Oh damn :confused:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#4 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

Yeah, I think part of the problem is that in Lids and Homer, the Wings had two huge pieces in the PP that were honestly all-time greats at what they did. Lids was all-around amazing, yes we know that. But Homer was also one of the best ever at chipping in pucks and digging them out of corners. I think Babs may have gotten too comfortable with two guys that are irreplaceable, and now he's admitting that he is having a hell of a time without them. 

#5 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Franzen was actually doing a decent job on the PP in Homer's role, but as fate would have it, he's injured.  The Wings need a 3rd jersey with a band-aid on a ratty broken looking Wing.  Pretty soon the press box for players will be a giant hot tub to soak all the injured players during the games.  There's no such thing this year as the Black Aces call ups cause they're all going to be regulars  :lol: .  

Hey Mike, who are your Black Aces this year?  

Well, I got Sprahoul, Ouahletti and Ja-hurco.  Kids names these days are so hard to pronounce, i'm still working on learning Filapapoola...

There's your next Babcock quote.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#6 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

Kronwall is not a number 1. Thats our problem. We need Yandle.

#7 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Yandle = Kronwall.  I've watched a bunch of games involving the Yotes this year and noticed just that.  What we're missing is a guy that's basically Ericsson with more offence.  I'm waiting for Oullet and Sproul to turn pro cause I think those 2 are the real deal.  What i wouldn't mind seeing though is trying to get a guy like Diaz from the Habs.  We need solid Dmen for now that can keep the puck out of our net and provide occasional offence, which is why we need Huskins back in the line up.  He's the only shutdown D we have not named Ericsson.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#8 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

I'm waiting (hopefully) for DeKeyser

#9 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

I'm waiting (hopefully) for DeKeyser

On a pairing with Smith please.

#10 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

um are you kidding? Kronwall is way more of a number 1 then Yandle is

Posted Image

#11 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Kronwall>Yandle

#12 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

Kronwall>Yandle

If we went after anyone on the Yotes, I'd rather have Oliver Ekman-Larsson.

#13 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

Yandle = Kronwall.  I've watched a bunch of games involving the Yotes this year and noticed just that.  What we're missing is a guy that's basically Ericsson with more offence.  I'm waiting for Oullet and Sproul to turn pro cause I think those 2 are the real deal.  What i wouldn't mind seeing though is trying to get a guy like Diaz from the Habs.  We need solid Dmen for now that can keep the puck out of our net and provide occasional offence, which is why we need Huskins back in the line up.  He's the only shutdown D we have not named Ericsson.

You can't be serious...

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#14 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

Acquiring Yandle doesn't do anything for us. I've been watching more Yotes games. Yandle doesn't really add anything to help our current roster.

On regards to the Babcock quote. It's a no brainer that Homer and Lids would be missed on the PP. Let's hope Babs can figure it out soon.

#15 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

Acquiring Yandle doesn't do anything for us. I've been watching more Yotes games. Yandle doesn't really add anything to help our current roster.

On regards to the Babcock quote. It's a no brainer that Homer and Lids would be missed on the PP. Let's hope Babs can figure it out soon.

Yandle would be our 1st (at worst case 2nd D). Saying that he wouldn't make this team better is absurd.

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#16 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

Yandle would be our 1st (at worst case 2nd D). Saying that he wouldn't make this team better is absurd.

At what cost to get him? For nothing. Sure he makes our team better then.

Giving up players like Helm, Filppula in a package for Yandle in my opinion doesn't make our Wings team better. 

Just saying...

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 17 February 2013 - 02:35 PM.

#17 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

so i clicked on the link just to see how,f****** is written in Swedish. it's the same as English? :)

Edited by jeff48109, 17 February 2013 - 03:14 PM.

#18 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

At what cost to get him? For nothing. Sure he makes our team better then.

Giving up players like Helm, Filppula in a package for Yandle in my opinion doesn't make our Wings team better. 

Just saying...

To be honest, I like Flip but I think that he will be traded (sacrificed) for a top 4 DEF + we have Jankrok. I think that Helm should stay as a 3rd line center.

Bassicaly the one who should stay:

Forwards: Dats, Z, Brunner, Tatar, Nyquist, Helm (Eaves and Tootoo for the depth)

Def: Kronwall, Smith and Ericsson

Flip, Francine, Sammy, Abdelkader, Miller, Mursak, Cleary, Quincey, Carlo, Kindl, White... are all easily replaceable.

Nyquist - Dats - Clarkson

Clowe - Z - Brunner

Tatar - Helm - Eaves/Neil

Miller - Abdelkader/Andersson/Emmerton - Tootoo

Kronwall - Yandle/JBO

Smith - Ericsson

Lash - Franson

Erskine

#19 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Dan Girardi.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#20 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Dan Girardi.

Great pick, I just don't see Rangers trading him but he's well above of Yandle and JBO on my list... I would rather have Rundbland than Yandle but there is no way they are going to trade him.

Another players who could be interesting are McQuaid or Boychuk, both R shoots, great hitters but McQuaid can drop the gloves and he's younger and cheaper...