• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dat's sick

Great Babcock quote

Rate this topic

Swedish journalist Per Bjurman was in Detroit and talking to Nick Lidstrom and Holmstrom outside the lockerrom at the Joe, when Mike Babcock came by and had this to say:

- I love you more than when you played, because now I understand how much you meant. Our ******* powerplay ... I can not get anyone to do what you did. Damn, "Homer", if I had known better maybe I would have appreciated you a bit more, he shrieks happily, unaware that it is a Swedish journalist next to them...

from :http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/internationellt/nhl/article16250985.ab

Yeah, I think part of the problem is that in Lids and Homer, the Wings had two huge pieces in the PP that were honestly all-time greats at what they did. Lids was all-around amazing, yes we know that. But Homer was also one of the best ever at chipping in pucks and digging them out of corners. I think Babs may have gotten too comfortable with two guys that are irreplaceable, and now he's admitting that he is having a hell of a time without them.

Franzen was actually doing a decent job on the PP in Homer's role, but as fate would have it, he's injured. The Wings need a 3rd jersey with a band-aid on a ratty broken looking Wing. Pretty soon the press box for players will be a giant hot tub to soak all the injured players during the games. There's no such thing this year as the Black Aces call ups cause they're all going to be regulars :lol: .

Hey Mike, who are your Black Aces this year?

Well, I got Sprahoul, Ouahletti and Ja-hurco. Kids names these days are so hard to pronounce, i'm still working on learning Filapapoola...

There's your next Babcock quote.

Kronwall is not a number 1. Thats our problem. We need Yandle.

Yandle = Kronwall. I've watched a bunch of games involving the Yotes this year and noticed just that. What we're missing is a guy that's basically Ericsson with more offence. I'm waiting for Oullet and Sproul to turn pro cause I think those 2 are the real deal. What i wouldn't mind seeing though is trying to get a guy like Diaz from the Habs. We need solid Dmen for now that can keep the puck out of our net and provide occasional offence, which is why we need Huskins back in the line up. He's the only shutdown D we have not named Ericsson.

Guest mjtm77

um are you kidding? Kronwall is way more of a number 1 then Yandle is

Yandle = Kronwall. I've watched a bunch of games involving the Yotes this year and noticed just that. What we're missing is a guy that's basically Ericsson with more offence. I'm waiting for Oullet and Sproul to turn pro cause I think those 2 are the real deal. What i wouldn't mind seeing though is trying to get a guy like Diaz from the Habs. We need solid Dmen for now that can keep the puck out of our net and provide occasional offence, which is why we need Huskins back in the line up. He's the only shutdown D we have not named Ericsson.

You can't be serious...

Acquiring Yandle doesn't do anything for us. I've been watching more Yotes games. Yandle doesn't really add anything to help our current roster.

On regards to the Babcock quote. It's a no brainer that Homer and Lids would be missed on the PP. Let's hope Babs can figure it out soon.

Acquiring Yandle doesn't do anything for us. I've been watching more Yotes games. Yandle doesn't really add anything to help our current roster.

On regards to the Babcock quote. It's a no brainer that Homer and Lids would be missed on the PP. Let's hope Babs can figure it out soon.

Yandle would be our 1st (at worst case 2nd D). Saying that he wouldn't make this team better is absurd.

Yandle would be our 1st (at worst case 2nd D). Saying that he wouldn't make this team better is absurd.

At what cost to get him? For nothing. Sure he makes our team better then.

Giving up players like Helm, Filppula in a package for Yandle in my opinion doesn't make our Wings team better.

Just saying...

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

At what cost to get him? For nothing. Sure he makes our team better then.

Giving up players like Helm, Filppula in a package for Yandle in my opinion doesn't make our Wings team better.

Just saying...

To be honest, I like Flip but I think that he will be traded (sacrificed) for a top 4 DEF + we have Jankrok. I think that Helm should stay as a 3rd line center.

Bassicaly the one who should stay:

Forwards: Dats, Z, Brunner, Tatar, Nyquist, Helm (Eaves and Tootoo for the depth)

Def: Kronwall, Smith and Ericsson

Flip, Francine, Sammy, Abdelkader, Miller, Mursak, Cleary, Quincey, Carlo, Kindl, White... are all easily replaceable.

Nyquist - Dats - Clarkson

Clowe - Z - Brunner

Tatar - Helm - Eaves/Neil

Miller - Abdelkader/Andersson/Emmerton - Tootoo

Kronwall - Yandle/JBO

Smith - Ericsson

Lash - Franson

Erskine

Dan Girardi.

Great pick, I just don't see Rangers trading him but he's well above of Yandle and JBO on my list... I would rather have Rundbland than Yandle but there is no way they are going to trade him.

Another players who could be interesting are McQuaid or Boychuk, both R shoots, great hitters but McQuaid can drop the gloves and he's younger and cheaper...

Soooo Babcock didn't know how important Lidstrom and Homer were important to the power play until they were gone?

Do we have the right guy running this team?

(Ment to be tongue in Cheek. I have no emotion con for that)

You can't be serious...

He played really well on EV Zug with Brunner and Z and he's a solid Dman. Watched a few Habs games this year and he looked good. So yes, i am serious. If he came for a decent price I'd be all for it.

Here's another beauty of a quote for Babcock.

I really need Filapapoola to get going, so..... I'm going to have him centre the 2nd line and I'll give him Cleary and Sammy.

Geez, let's watch him rack up the points with those spare parts. :no2:

He played really well on EV Zug with Brunner and Z and he's a solid Dman. Watched a few Habs games this year and he looked good. So yes, i am serious. If he came for a decent price I'd be all for it.

Here's another beauty of a quote for Babcock.

I really need Filapapoola to get going, so..... I'm going to have him centre the 2nd line and I'll give him Cleary and Sammy.

Geez, let's watch him rack up the points with those spare parts. :no2:

He was good while playing with Markov, since PK is back he's done nothing.

Yes he was very good in Swiss but NHL IS NOT SWISS LEAGUE!!!

Edited by Dominator2005

I guess Kenny should trade for Omark too... he can't crack Oilers lineup but he should play on the 1st line with Z...

Btw, Diaz has been used more as a forward than def last couple of seasons...

Tell that to Brunner....

What about Leino, Ritola??? Brunner is exception so far... let's hope he keeps the pace