• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Sens/Hawks Rumor per hockeybuzz

Rate this topic

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=49288#.UR6TYWfzeM0

A couple of rumors hit the old inbox yesterday.

Interestingly, they both point in the same direction as a couple of other things I heard a while back. The first had the Hawks considering a waiver claim on Wild forward Matt Kassian. The second had the Hawks talking to the Senators (yet again) about Chris Neil.

A couple of weeks ago, I heard the Hawks were kicking the tires on then waived Shark forward, Fraser McLaren.

So, yeah, there's a common theme here. Size, toughness, and much of that with the gloves off.

And before anyone assumes the Hawks are going to help the Senators fill their now huge hole on defense with one of their top 6 defenders, worry not. I am hearing the return for Neil would be a lower line forward—and that the Sens could sign former Hawk (and Sen) Chris Campoli before the weekend is out.

What does this mean for the Hawks? It could mean Brandon Bollig is headed back to Rockford, but honestly, that's not what I'm hearing. Rather, there is some concern that Jamal Mayers might not have that much left—a subject of some debate within the organization.

As with all rumors, some, all or none of this could happen. Lots of conversations and glances happen in the hotel bar before anyone goes up to a room together. But it does seem the Hawks are serious about adding some size and toughness upfront.