Notes from Saturday's practice

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

- Mrazek starting Sunday

- Sammy back

- Nyquist sent back to GR

- Monster headed to GR for conditioning stint

- Mule strained hip flexor..out Sunday and possibly Tuesday

- Datsyuk is 50/50 for Sunday

All of these things brought to you by Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

https://twitter.com/AnsarKhanMLive

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#2 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

Dats please!!!!

#3 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

Jesusf****** Christ, keep Nyquist and sit Cleary already. And f*** Sammy.

bringit.jpg

#4 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

There have been very few times in my years as a Wings fan that I have either questioned Holland or Babs but this one just doesn't make much sense to me.  Nyquist hasn't been that great either but his up side over Dan Cleary right now is worth keeping him here for the time being.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#5 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

There have been very few times in my years as a Wings fan that I have either questioned Holland or Babs but this one just doesn't make much sense to me.  Nyquist hasn't been that great either but his up side over Dan Cleary right now is worth keeping him here for the time being.

Could it be, and i realize this is crazy, but maybe Nyquist isn't as good as some here think? After all he seems to have been passed by tatar. Let's face some possibilities here. Nyquist has been up a couple of different times. he hasn't been able to stay and beat out any one of several over the road has beens/never were's.

• Nev likes this

#6 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

YAY Petr!

#7 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Could it be, and i realize this is crazy, but maybe Nyquist isn't as good as some here think? After all he seems to have been passed by tatar. Let's face some possibilities here. Nyquist has been up a couple of different times. he hasn't been able to stay and beat out any one of several over the road has beens/never were's.

Cleary is currently better than Nyquist ? Get real dude. Most of your posts are a complete joke, this post just reiterates it.

#8 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Gus has got to stay in the NHL if the Wings want his career to go somewhere. He's maxed out his potential in the AHL, so now you've gotta make him adapt his skills to the big league. Cleary needs to be waived.

bringit.jpg

#9 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Some good news and some so-so news.

He hasn't been all too impressive in his callups this season, but he hasn't looked terrible either. And he was very good when he was up last year. Tatar has certainly earned a spot more thsn Nyquist has, but maybe Nyquist just needs some time. Give him 2-3 games atleast in the top 6 before sending him down. Cleary needs to sit.

#10 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

yeah fil was useless without dats

fil Z brunner

cleary abs sammy

tatar anderson eaves

miller emmerton tootoo

look a that s*** a 4th line center playing 2nd line center now

Edited by brett, 16 February 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#11 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

lmao cleary-abs-sammy 2nd line

bringit.jpg

#12 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

Sounds like White, Kindl and Flip are in Babs doghouse. 

“Two freebies,'' Babcock said. “Kuba (Jakub Kindl) is not in the right spot, should be over here helping out. (Niklas) Kronwall's pass to Fil (Valtteri Filppula) is off his stick, Kuba's not back defensively to look after it.
“Whitey's (Ian White) got it along the wall on a line change, just gives it away, two-on-one. That's the game.
“So, we do everything for 40 minutes to be set up to win and two plays with the puck … We're not the type of team, with what we have, that we're going to recover from turning the puck over. People can say you're bad defensively, well, we weren't bad defensively, there's no defense for turnovers. It's puck plays that give it to us two nights in a row.

http://www.mlive.com...onents_too.html

--Coach Mike Babcock said he hadn't decided on his lines, but he used Valtteri Filppula with Henrik Zetterberg and Damien Brunner. He's not happy with Filppula's play and basically said he needs to get it together.[/size]

#13 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

Ouch Fil

#14 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

Fil????  He should be calling out Cleary.  Does Cleary have something on Babs???

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 16 February 2013 - 05:08 PM.

#15 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Can you calm down with the blasphemy and profanity? It doesn't make you sound cool.

I'm excited to see Sammy play. I'd rather see Nyquist than Mrazek.

Edited by RedWingsDad, 16 February 2013 - 04:46 PM.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#16 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

So he picks on Kindl who's been playing the best hockey of his career, because Kronwall fires a pass at the back of Filppula skates? What about his complete misuse of 4th line players up in the top6? Mr. Babcock I challenge you to get your stuff together.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#17 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

So he picks on Kindl who's been playing the best hockey of his career, because Kronwall fires a pass at the back of Filppula skates? What about his complete misuse of 4th line players up in the top6? Mr. Babcock I challenge you to get your stuff together.

He's not been pushing the right buttons, but that play really screwed Kronwall. Kindl was supposed to be his outlet, instead of that, Kindl put himself in the exact position that screws the only lane Kronwall had to pass through. Kronwall should of just ate the puck, or turn it over along the boards, but the whole situation started with Kindl being out of position.

#18 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

I don't know if that sounds like doghouse as much as it sounds like Babcock being a coach and calling out a terrible few plays from yesterday's game.

Glad to have Sammy back, we really need some depth right now and even though he'll likely play on the top 6 tomorrow, he's a welcomed addition. We need all our of players healthy to be a team that can contend.

#19 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Because Sammy is back now, someone would need to go on IR for Nyquist to stay up.

#20 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Cleary is currently better than Nyquist ? Get real dude. Most of your posts are a complete joke, this post just reiterates it.

I didn't say that. Cleary sucks a$$. That being said, why can't Nyquist beat him out? Or eaves or Emmerton, or...... that is the point. Read what is written and stop ass-u-me-ing. I don't think Nyquist will ever be better than a 40 point guy in the NHL. That is my opinion. But I have also said several times, the only way to find out is for him to play in the NHL. Play him. Then he makes it or breaks it.