• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Im assuming all 3-4 pages of random Threads must mean we got hacked or someone was VERY bored... Hoping this doesn't mean the boards get shut down for a little... 

Edited by Matt, 18 February 2013 - 04:04 PM.

#2 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

I sent a tweet to Matt to let him know, if he didnt know already, but I'm guessing everything is going to be shut down for a few hours. Lets hope it's back up in time for the GDT

#3 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

at this rate... the poster that all the threads are being posted by will have more Posts then me and you by the time it shuts down haha

#4 S.H.M.B.

S.H.M.B.

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Anyone know where I can purchase prescription drugs online?

#5 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,451 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

Hacked?  You think????   LOL~

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#6 LidstromIsASuperhero

LidstromIsASuperhero

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

lol this pisses me off but makes me laugh at the same time

#7 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

Why would they not just ban the account for now then figure the rest out? The dude is STILL posting new threads right this very minute. Amazing how the mods will ban accounts (within minutes) over someone bringing up the detroit pistons, yet this guy posts spam for hours on end and not one mod banned the account... SMH

Edited by TheDetroitRedWings, 17 February 2013 - 10:52 AM.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#8 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

Dont fix it yet. Those are some deals. Just give me enough time so I can find my credit card and social security number.

#9 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,883 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

Why would they not just ban the account for now then figure the rest out? The dude is STILL posting new threads right this very minute. Amazing how the mods will ban accounts (within minutes) over someone bringing up the detroit pistons, yet this guy posts spam for hours on end and not one mod banned the account... SMH

Give them a break. Mods have a life and need sleep like the rest of us. The aren't paid to monitor the site 24 hours a day. These spam threads popped up at around 6:30 on a Sunday morning.

#10 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

Give them a break. Mods have a life and need sleep like the rest of us. The aren't paid to monitor the site 24 hours a day. These spam threads popped up at around 6:30 on a Sunday morning.

Dude it's almost 11:30 now. Not one mod has got on in over 5 hours? I mean yeah i can see 6am being a lil early for some. But it's now going on noon and the guy is STILL posting new spam threads. Sorry but that's a lil ridiculous. Especially considering how quick they are to ban for sometimes very small infractions

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#11 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,451 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

Fixed.  Everyone stand down.  :lol:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#12 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

Crap! I miss everything!

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#13 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,806 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

Not hacked. Just a spammer account posting 120-some-odd spam threads.

Once I saw what the problem was, I suspended the account from posting new threads. That stopped the problem, and just left cleanup to be done. If I had my laptop with me, I could have cleaned the whole thing in a matter of about 2 minutes. But I'm doing this from my iPhone, which makes it a little bit slower.

Thanks to the members who used the "report" function. That is the best way to bring things like this to our attention. When a post is reported, the entire mod staff gets an email notification, which helps us respond to things like this even faster.

This. All the mod staff, as well as Matt, have lives outside this forum. We try to keep things like this from happening in the first place, but sometimes things slip through. We're not paid by anyone to do this, so you'll have to excuse us when our real lives get in the way of our time on an internet discussion board...

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#14 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

I need some percacets to handle all this stress over the midnight spammer. Oh wait... YES!!!!

#15 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Jedi, you have a life?  Pffffffft.  And you call yourself a geek.

I picked a bad day to sleep in and lounge.  I got in a little help, but not a whole heck of a lot.  Sorry.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#16 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

I wonder if it's the same Nigerian royal family that keeps telling me there's a ten million dollar inheritance waiting for me. I keep sending them money through western union but nothing yet, but when i'm a millionaire i'll share the wealth. :)

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#17 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Spam ads for drugs on a forum for a team who has 57 guys injured..spammer and a troller lol

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#18 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Dude it's almost 11:30 now. Not one mod has got on in over 5 hours? I mean yeah i can see 6am being a lil early for some. But it's now going on noon and the guy is STILL posting new spam threads. Sorry but that's a lil ridiculous. Especially considering how quick they are to ban for sometimes very small infractions

Had you bothered to hit the report button instead of just complaining here, a mod might have gotten to it sooner.

Because what I find a little ridiculous is complaining about one spam attack on a website that is kept in tip top shape by Matt and generally runs without a hitch.  Which is no small feat. 

Sorry you were temporarily inconvenienced on this free (and awesome) discussion forum.  I'm going to go get coffee and breakfast now. 

#19 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,451 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

thank you mods!!  You rock!  Glad it wasn't a bigger mess than it was...

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#20 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

Had you bothered to hit the report button instead of just complaining here, a mod might have gotten to it sooner.

Because what I find a little ridiculous is complaining about one spam attack on a website that is kept in tip top shape by Matt and generally runs without a hitch.  Which is no small feat. 

Sorry you were temporarily inconvenienced on this free (and awesome) discussion forum.  I'm going to go get coffee and breakfast now. 

The Midnight Spammer creates a lot of unrest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users