20 replies to this topic

#21 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,070 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Dude it's almost 11:30 now. Not one mod has got on in over 5 hours? I mean yeah i can see 6am being a lil early for some. But it's now going on noon and the guy is STILL posting new spam threads. Sorry but that's a lil ridiculous. Especially considering how quick they are to ban for sometimes very small infractions

You're one of those guys that sees a piece of litter on the ground and then complains about it loudly rather than doing anything about it, aren't you? The 'Report' function is there. Use it.

_____

Back to the main gist of the thread: Not hacked, no hacker. Just an actual person that signed up an account and spammed the forums. Nothing more, nothing less. 99.9% of spammers are caught as soon as they attempt to register. For moderators there is a small widget near the board statistics on the main page that displays how many spam accounts have been blocked. As of this post, it sits at 23,772. (That total is ONLY from this passed fall, which is when I added it.)

So, of course, one makes it through and goes crazy for a few hours and TheDetroitRedWings wails about how it's so pathetic one got missed, early on a Sunday morning no less.

Anyway -- thank you to those of you that did use the report function and thanks to Jedi for getting it sorted out. I was, shamefully, in a deep sleep for once on a Sunday morning after a late night working on the blog -- and taking full advantage of having the kids at the grandparent's house for the weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users