• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/17 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Wild 3

Rate this topic

The refs defined it wrong here IMO. Clear penalty shot.

Maybe in the European leagues.

I can't remember in the NHL seeing the refs let a player get that good a chance, and still reward him a penalty shot, if he didn't score on the original one.

Well that was embarrassing. I'd give my left leg to have our entire team play together with the lineup we projected to have at the start of the season.

You mean the same lineup that got beat in 5 games last year in round 1, minus Lidstrom and Stuart?

Yeah, can't wait till we have that lineup back. :dozing: Keep your leg.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Three straight losses to rookie goalies. Just can't put 60 minutes together, but not entirely surprising considering the injuries and lack of talent mostly.

No reason for Samuelsson and Cleary (or Bertuzzi) to be playing in the top-six on this team. Let the young kids get an expanded role the rest of the season and see what we have for the future.

Z, Pavel and Brunner all on one line is a catch 22. The third line played well, but where else does the scoring from? I haven't seen Filppula do anything for awhile besides pinch poorly for the third goal tonight.

Maybe your presence would have inspired them to win?

Maybe you could have shown your boobs or something? I'm willing to try anything at this point.

So. Effing. Frustrating.

Every game I've been at the Xcel, the Wings have won in OT or shootout.

Tots would have scored had I been there.

I could have flashed the Wild bench, but they'd probably have autographed them "thanks for being a fan, grandma" and then went back to playing.

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

just tank for the first pick.

this team is awful.

if by some miracle they actually make the playoffs, there is zero chance they win a round.

Here we go Dman at deadline here we go. stomp stomp.

Yeah, for all the puck moving offensive defensemen we supposedly have, I didn't see much great puck movement. That last PP was abysmal on the break out of our zone.

Even if this team makes the playoffs no Wings fan can honestly think we are going anywhere? Not right now anyways. This loss stings worse than the Anaheim loss.

I'm staying positive and saying injuries have to do with our lackluster play.

Our PP is doing us in.

SORT IT OUT ASAP.

Maybe in the European leagues.

I can't remember in the NHL seeing the refs let a player get that good a chance, and still reward him a penalty shot, if he didn't score on the original one.

Got nothing to do with European leagues, which have different rules.

Given NHL rules, the only question is which scoring opportunity was better. The first "opportunity" was a penalty-shot-like situation. The second was not.

I wonder how much worse it'll have to get before management decides it's time to let the kids play and see what we can get for some of the vets, and if it's not much, waive 'em

Management is the problem at this point.

Who do you think assembled this team? Babcock?

Lol hire Edmonton's coach for special teams and expect them to do well? Hahahah. Tom Renney brought his culture of losing to Detroit. This is really sad to watch.

At this rate, the Wings should let Fil walk next year. I'd rather have Hudler at this point.[/quote

I agree completely about Renney. He's a loser - got the track record to support that.

Got nothing to do with European leagues, which have different rules.

Given NHL rules, the only question is which scoring opportunity was better. The first "opportunity" was a penalty-shot-like situation. The second was not.

I'd say they were both as good. Sometimes, scoring in the heat of the moment is easier than having to think about a penalty shot in such a pressure packed moment.

And they were both breakaways too. By the time he got set, he had time and space to make any kind of move he wanted.