Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

.... yup. Either net it or miss the goal FTW :confused:

#342 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Tatar deserves top line minutes over Cleary or Sammy.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#343 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

Well that sucked. Was hoping we could beat a 1 line team. Did the Wild ever complete a tape to tape pass all game? they looked like a JV team out there with their passing, yet we still lost. 08 seems like a long time ago....

#344 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

No DEF at all!
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#345 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Well that sucked. Was hoping we could beat a 1 line team. Did the Wild ever complete a tape to tape pass all game? they looked like a JV team out there with their passing, yet we still lost. 08 seems like a long time ago....

08 was a long time ago. 5 years ago, in fact.

Posted Image

#346 Wingnut in WA

Wingnut in WA

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

Tatar deserves top line minutes over Cleary or Sammy.

esteef

So so agree. People on here really talk alot about Nyquist but after watching both play at the NHL level. Right now Tatar looks miles ahead of Nyquist.

#347 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,989 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

Thought this was cool--Jack Jablonski got to meet Pav after the game:

@Jabs_13: PAVEL DATSYUK❤❤❤❤ IM IN HEAVEN http://t.co/bUHBX7dJ

Can't save the pic for some reason.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#348 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

I think the season is old enough to evaluate tgis team calmly. Injuries or no, few players are performing as well as they should. We have bright spots, but I think we are all agreed the roster is a mess and way out of balance. It all needs to be recalibrated, focusing on roles and playing styles. That will take a long time, and we are limited to having little to offer in trades.

I differ from most of you, though, in that o want to win now. It's highly unlikely a team will win more than one cup a decade now, so I'm good with giving picks for prime players who can win now. Just not really old, injury prone guys. I know that's unconventional but it makes sense to me.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#349 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

All I know is I won't be able to sleep tonight seeing our team having a 2 goal lead blown by 3 unanswered goals and then nothing from us. Sucks. Don't care what our problems are that hurts. Night everyone.

#350 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

As for the struggling power play, Babcock said, “I thought Samuelsson was impressive on the power play, he really shot the puck, so we'll put him on that first unit and get them shooting and getting it back.''

According to the box score, Samuelsson had 1 shot on net.

Posted Image

#351 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

.... yup. Either net it or miss the goal FTW :confused:

I do not think a miss would have given him a penalty shot. If he does not manage to get back up then I can see it being awarded.

#352 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

good news

fil should come cheap next year

He clearly didn't get the memo about the two magic words, "contract year"

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#353 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

somebody tell these motherf***ers wearing wingled weel this year, hockey game isf****** 60 minutes, not 20, no 45, sixty! and the first intermission is only 15 minutes, not 35....

#354 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

I think the season is old enough to evaluate tgis team calmly. Injuries or no, few players are performing as well as they should. We have bright spots, but I think we are all agreed the roster is a mess and way out of balance. It all needs to be recalibrated, focusing on roles and playing styles. That will take a long time, and we are limited to having little to offer in trades.

I differ from most of you, though, in that o want to win now. It's highly unlikely a team will win more than one cup a decade now, so I'm good with giving picks for prime players who can win now. Just not really old, injury prone guys. I know that's unconventional but it makes sense to me.

I like the idea of trading our picks cuz they are always late picks. We haven't had a top 3 pick since who? Primeau?

#355 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

According to the box score, Samuelsson had 1 shot on net.

With Samuelsson, "shot the puck" doesn't really consider the target. Babs loves seeing pucks hitting glass, the protective netting, or shinpads, so it counts :P

#356 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

I swear, Cleary has something on Babcock. Anytime he starts calling out positives and negatives on players (ala calling out Filppula), he always omits Cleary:

Mikael Samuelsson returned after missing 12 games with a groin pull,
but his line, with Filppula and Daniel Cleary, combined for just two
shots on goal.

“I thought Fil played as hard as he has in a
while tonight,'' Babcock said. “I thought Samuelsson did some good
things, but they didn't get enough done, obviously.''

Link: http://www.mlive.com...abcock_s_2.html

#357 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

I don't really think shooting is a problem on the power play.  I think the main issue is keeping possession of the puck, keeping the other team from clearing it, cycling it and driving to the net.  Do that and the shots will follow.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#358 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

I really think Babcock has lost touch with reality and his players...he needs to go. I like him, but its time to change and if Holland isn't gonna shake things up via trade, then the entire coaching staff must go.  Its time for a change, just like when Lewis was here...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#359 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

I don't really think shooting is a problem on the power play.  I think the main issue is keeping possession of the puck, keeping the other team from clearing it, cycling it and driving to the net.  Do that and the shots will follow.

I agree, but I think it is both, because there are times when they do establish possession and then spend the next 30-40 seconds killing off their own PP by passing, double-clutch, lane closes, pass, double-clutch, lane closes, errant pass, retrieve, pass, double-clutch.... well you get the point. But overall, I think their problem when they are really pressed to get a PP is trying to bull-rush the zone then forcing a poorly placed shot that is either immediately cleared or blasts along the boards and out of the zone altogether.

Set-up and TAKE the shots that PRESENT themselves. The whole team is second-guessing which results in either rushed shots or none at all. A successful PP finds the happy medium called "confidence" or "composure". The Wings have very little of that on special teams right now.

#360 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

Cleary, Fil, Sammy had 2 shots between them, with Sammy scoring one Wild logo that counts for...uh...nothing.  That line didn't show up on paper, or on my TV.  That is the Notta Line.  It wasn't a line, it was a lame.

NyQ, Andrson, and Tatar was a much more effective line the other nite and should be the 2nd line right now.  Or maybe Filp with Nyq and Tatar.

Maltbykader needs to stay in the bottom six.