• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/17 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Wild 3

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

I think the season is old enough to evaluate tgis team calmly. Injuries or no, few players are performing as well as they should. We have bright spots, but I think we are all agreed the roster is a mess and way out of balance. It all needs to be recalibrated, focusing on roles and playing styles. That will take a long time, and we are limited to having little to offer in trades.

I differ from most of you, though, in that o want to win now. It's highly unlikely a team will win more than one cup a decade now, so I'm good with giving picks for prime players who can win now. Just not really old, injury prone guys. I know that's unconventional but it makes sense to me.

I like the idea of trading our picks cuz they are always late picks. We haven't had a top 3 pick since who? Primeau?

According to the box score, Samuelsson had 1 shot on net.

With Samuelsson, "shot the puck" doesn't really consider the target. Babs loves seeing pucks hitting glass, the protective netting, or shinpads, so it counts :P

I swear, Cleary has something on Babcock. Anytime he starts calling out positives and negatives on players (ala calling out Filppula), he always omits Cleary:

Mikael Samuelsson returned after missing 12 games with a groin pull,
but his line, with Filppula and Daniel Cleary, combined for just two
shots on goal.

“I thought Fil played as hard as he has in a
while tonight,'' Babcock said. “I thought Samuelsson did some good
things, but they didn't get enough done, obviously.''

Link: http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/02/red_wings_coach_mike_babcock_s_2.html

I really think Babcock has lost touch with reality and his players...he needs to go. I like him, but its time to change and if Holland isn't gonna shake things up via trade, then the entire coaching staff must go. Its time for a change, just like when Lewis was here...

I don't really think shooting is a problem on the power play. I think the main issue is keeping possession of the puck, keeping the other team from clearing it, cycling it and driving to the net. Do that and the shots will follow.

I agree, but I think it is both, because there are times when they do establish possession and then spend the next 30-40 seconds killing off their own PP by passing, double-clutch, lane closes, pass, double-clutch, lane closes, errant pass, retrieve, pass, double-clutch.... well you get the point. But overall, I think their problem when they are really pressed to get a PP is trying to bull-rush the zone then forcing a poorly placed shot that is either immediately cleared or blasts along the boards and out of the zone altogether.

Set-up and TAKE the shots that PRESENT themselves. The whole team is second-guessing which results in either rushed shots or none at all. A successful PP finds the happy medium called "confidence" or "composure". The Wings have very little of that on special teams right now.

Cleary, Fil, Sammy had 2 shots between them, with Sammy scoring one Wild logo that counts for...uh...nothing. That line didn't show up on paper, or on my TV. That is the Notta Line. It wasn't a line, it was a lame.

NyQ, Andrson, and Tatar was a much more effective line the other nite and should be the 2nd line right now. Or maybe Filp with Nyq and Tatar.

Maltbykader needs to stay in the bottom six.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

wild scored 3 goals in less then 5 minutes. thats a no-no.

gotta practise hard today, work on that powerplay/penalty kill. etc and get ready for Nashville tomorrow.

i honestly dont know what scenarios worse from last night: the wings loss or Jack Swagger getting a title shot at WrestleMania 29

Cleary needs to go, 1 point in 15 games, and babcock hasn't said a negative thing about him yet? c'mon, Tatar has 4 points in 7 games on a crappy third line in his rookie season.

Bench cleary bring up nyquist, and make the second line tatar-flip-nyquist, and watch that young fast scoring line explode!

wild scored 3 goals in less then 5 minutes. thats a no-no.

gotta practise hard today, work on that powerplay/penalty kill. etc and get ready for Nashville tomorrow.

i honestly dont know what scenarios worse from last night: the wings loss or Jack Swagger getting a title shot at WrestleMania 29

I just hope the Wings don't follow in the same direction as the WWE. You know, the product suffering from poor management?

Cleary needs to go, 1 point in 15 games, and babcock hasn't said a negative thing about him yet? c'mon, Tatar has 4 points in 7 games on a crappy third line in his rookie season.

Bench cleary bring up nyquist, and make the second line tatar-flip-nyquist, and watch that young fast scoring line explode!

Where would he go? Nobody would want him.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I just hope the Wings don't follow in the same direction as the WWE. You know, the product suffering from poor management?

Where would he go? Nobody would want him.

I don't care where he goes, take him to my uncles farm to run free like my parentgs did with my first dog ;)