• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

No need to panic

Rate this topic

To those who say don't be down on Sammy, because Cleary is worse.. When the Wings have players like Tartar and Nyquist in GR and these two useless fossils taking up oxygen on the big club, there is a problem. This year should have been the youth movement, not the reunion tour.

To those who say don't be down on Sammy, because Cleary is worse.. When the Wings have players like Tartar and Nyquist in GR and these two useless fossils taking up oxygen on the big club, there is a problem. This year should have been the youth movement, not the reunion tour.

Well its hard to be down on a guy that has barely played.

Guest The Axe

The good new is Sammy and Bert are signed up next year too!! All we gotta do is bring back Cleary now. Who needs young, fast, exciting players? Overrated.

The good new is Sammy and Bert are signed up next year too!! All we gotta do is bring back Cleary now. Who needs young, fast, exciting players? Overrated.

I agree! With out two amnesty buyouts, they should buyout Bert and Sammy...and no way should Cleary be re-sigened...I like Miller but again, the kids are ready, I think Sheahan is ready to fill MIller's spot, but I will miss him. IMO, Mursak should be let to walk as well. I am still for trading Fil, but it won't hurt is he is re-signed...So without trading Fil, that opens 5 spots up (after Brunner is re-signed.) to bring up the kids and sign a couple of FA's...

on the back end is where the panic is and the major changes are needed! They only FA's that should be re-signed are Smith, Lashoff and Huskins (he makes a solid #6-7 d-man.) I am letting White go, he just doesn't have it anymore without Lidstrom and we are stuck with Cola since noone will wnat him via trade. Quincey should be dealt for whatever we can get in return (won't be a 1st that is for sure!) and the Kindl project is over, Huskins is a better 6/7 guy...So we have Kronwall, Ericsson, Smith, Cola and Lashoff left. That leaves room for 2 UFA defensemen to come in and take over the #1/2 slot. Kronner is just better at #3. One of those UFA's has GOT to be a legit #1....no ifs, ands or buts. Money, no object. Unfortunately, there are no top tier UFA's available, unless you count Visnovsky or Scuderi...I personally would love to see Douglas Murray here. Also, while I do not believe the Wings will tank enough to land Seth Jones, but I can see them having a legit shot at Pulock and that is the guy Holland should draft, not Hagg. I would also love to see DeKeyser forego his Senior year and sign here, so next year to D looks like this:

Murray - Ericsson

Kronwall - Smith

Lashoff - Dekeyser

Huskins/Cola

...and Pulock to our growing prospects and they look like this: Ouellet, Sproul, Backman, McKee, DeHaas and some others...Add Pulock to that list and the future of the D looks tons better.

...sorry, didn't mean to turn this post into a "what to do in the off season response" but it just goes to show my level of panic right now...

Guest The Axe

I agree! With out two amnesty buyouts, they should buyout Bert and Sammy...and no way should Cleary be re-sigened...I like Miller but again, the kids are ready, I think Sheahan is ready to fill MIller's spot, but I will miss him. IMO, Mursak should be let to walk as well. I am still for trading Fil, but it won't hurt is he is re-signed...So without trading Fil, that opens 5 spots up (after Brunner is re-signed.) to bring up the kids and sign a couple of FA's...

on the back end is where the panic is and the major changes are needed! They only FA's that should be re-signed are Smith, Lashoff and Huskins (he makes a solid #6-7 d-man.) I am letting White go, he just doesn't have it anymore without Lidstrom and we are stuck with Cola since noone will wnat him via trade. Quincey should be dealt for whatever we can get in return (won't be a 1st that is for sure!) and the Kindl project is over, Huskins is a better 6/7 guy...So we have Kronwall, Ericsson, Smith, Cola and Lashoff left. That leaves room for 2 UFA defensemen to come in and take over the #1/2 slot. Kronner is just better at #3. One of those UFA's has GOT to be a legit #1....no ifs, ands or buts. Money, no object. Unfortunately, there are no top tier UFA's available, unless you count Visnovsky or Scuderi...I personally would love to see Douglas Murray here. Also, while I do not believe the Wings will tank enough to land Seth Jones, but I can see them having a legit shot at Pulock and that is the guy Holland should draft, not Hagg. I would also love to see DeKeyser forego his Senior year and sign here, so next year to D looks like this:

Murray - Ericsson

Kronwall - Smith

Lashoff - Dekeyser

Huskins/Cola

...and Pulock to our growing prospects and they look like this: Ouellet, Sproul, Backman, McKee, DeHaas and some others...Add Pulock to that list and the future of the D looks tons better.

...sorry, didn't mean to turn this post into a "what to do in the off season response" but it just goes to show my level of panic right now...

Kronwall, Lashoff, Abdelkader, and Cleary are the biggest minus players right now. Kindl is a +4. Quincey is a +7. Piling on these guys makes no sense.

Kronwall, Lashoff, Abdelkader, and Cleary are the biggest minus players right now. Kindl is a +4. Quincey is a +7. Piling on these guys makes no sense.

Noone is going to take Kronwall's contract from us, Lashoff is still a rookie and Abby is struggling for sure. Cleary shouldn't even be mentioned on a Wings forum anymore he sucks.

Kindl and Q are both horrible, but someone has to be out there when the top line scores...+/- is the most useless stat ever...

Kindl was a #19 pick overall and Quincey was traded for what turned out to be a #19 pick overall...You have two 1st round picks out there playing like crap. Kindl has failed at every attempt to crack the top 6 on a consistant basis and Q is living up to the reason's that the Wings kept Meech instead of him years ago...neither should be on this roster next season...they should be dealt this season.

Noone is going to take Kronwall's contract from us, Lashoff is still a rookie and Abby is struggling for sure. Cleary shouldn't even be mentioned on a Wings forum anymore he sucks.

Kindl and Q are both horrible, but someone has to be out there when the top line scores...+/- is the most useless stat ever...

Kindl was a #19 pick overall and Quincey was traded for what turned out to be a #19 pick overall...You have two 1st round picks out there playing like crap. Kindl has failed at every attempt to crack the top 6 on a consistant basis and Q is living up to the reason's that the Wings kept Meech instead of him years ago...neither should be on this roster next season...they should be dealt this season.

No one CAN take kronners contract, he has a nmc. Plus kronwall isn't bad, he just needs a stay at home guy at his side

Taking a look at the standings and seeing the Wings out of the top 8 makes me panic a little...I don't see them "coming up" either, I see them "going down"...just a middling Western conference team who may / may not play in the post-season. Like Phoenix. Maybe the return of injured players will give them a boost...

Hmm.

You are not allowed to shirk your GDT duties and then blithely blow in to comment! :P

We all knew the day was coming that the Wings wouldn't be The Team. That day is here. I think we all need to get used to it and start enjoying the machinations of the front office (hopefully).

The plethora of injuries is also making this lopsided.

Taking a look at the standings and seeing the Wings out of the top 8 makes me panic a little...I don't see them "coming up" either, I see them "going down"...just a middling Western conference team who may / may not play in the post-season. Like Phoenix. Maybe the return of injured players will give them a boost...

Not me. I'm actually looking forward to a top 10 pick. Ryan Pulock would look nice on the Wings blueline. Our D has no identity this year, nor does our team. It's at a point where not being able to hold a single 2 goal lead has made me want the boys to miss the playoffs so we can bring in at least 1 top 10 pick to give us some immediate top end young talent even if just for 1 year to transition this team to a younger core with our top prospects. it's time to run down the clock on signings like Cleary, Quincey, Sammy, etc and replace them with Jarnkrok, Sproul, Ouellet. Missing the playoffs may be the best thing to happen and give us a franchise Dman.

Not me. I'm actually looking forward to a top 10 pick. Ryan Pulock would look nice on the Wings blueline. Our D has no identity this year, nor does our team. It's at a point where not being able to hold a single 2 goal lead has made me want the boys to miss the playoffs so we can bring in at least 1 top 10 pick to give us some immediate top end young talent even if just for 1 year to transition this team to a younger core with our top prospects. it's time to run down the clock on signings like Cleary, Quincey, Sammy, etc and replace them with Jarnkrok, Sproul, Ouellet. Missing the playoffs may be the best thing to happen and give us a franchise Dman.

Even if we do draft a top 10 player, he's probably going to spend the next 5 years in Grand Rapids in true Red Wings fashion.