Photo
- - - - -

No need to panic

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#81 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,587 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

Kronwall, Lashoff, Abdelkader, and Cleary are the biggest minus players right now. Kindl is a +4. Quincey is a +7. Piling on these guys makes no sense.

Noone is going to take Kronwall's contract from us, Lashoff is still a rookie and Abby is struggling for sure.  Cleary shouldn't even be mentioned on a Wings forum anymore he sucks.

Kindl and Q are both horrible, but someone has to be out there when the top line scores...+/- is the most useless stat ever...

Kindl was a #19 pick overall and Quincey was traded for what turned out to be a #19 pick overall...You have two 1st round picks out there playing like crap.  Kindl has failed at every attempt to crack the top 6 on a consistant basis and Q is living up to the reason's that the Wings kept Meech instead of him years ago...neither should be on this roster next season...they should be dealt this season.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#82 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

Noone is going to take Kronwall's contract from us, Lashoff is still a rookie and Abby is struggling for sure.  Cleary shouldn't even be mentioned on a Wings forum anymore he sucks.

Kindl and Q are both horrible, but someone has to be out there when the top line scores...+/- is the most useless stat ever...

Kindl was a #19 pick overall and Quincey was traded for what turned out to be a #19 pick overall...You have two 1st round picks out there playing like crap.  Kindl has failed at every attempt to crack the top 6 on a consistant basis and Q is living up to the reason's that the Wings kept Meech instead of him years ago...neither should be on this roster next season...they should be dealt this season.

No one CAN take kronners contract, he has a nmc. Plus kronwall isn't bad, he just needs a stay at home guy at his side

#83 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,587 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

No one CAN take kronners contract, he has a nmc. Plus kronwall isn't bad, he just needs a stay at home guy at his side

Agree...as said before he is better as a #2/3 guy, not a #1....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#84 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,006 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Hang the DJ GM, hang the DJ GM, hang the DJ GM.

:ninja:

Don't Toews me, bro!

#85 sherwood40

sherwood40

Rookie

• Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

After tonights OT loss, Im in panic mood. Not used to watching our team lose like this, last time I seen them play like this was late 80's and i was only 10.

#86 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

Taking a look at the standings and seeing the Wings out of the top 8 makes me panic a little...I don't see them "coming up" either, I see them "going down"...just a middling Western conference team who may / may not play in the post-season. Like Phoenix. Maybe the return of injured players will give them a boost...

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#87 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

Hmm. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#88 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

Hmm. 

You are not allowed to shirk your GDT duties and then blithely blow in to comment!  :P

We all knew the day was coming that the Wings wouldn't be The Team.  That day is here.  I think we all need to get used to it and start enjoying the machinations of the front office (hopefully).

The plethora of injuries is also making this lopsided.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#89 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

Taking a look at the standings and seeing the Wings out of the top 8 makes me panic a little...I don't see them "coming up" either, I see them "going down"...just a middling Western conference team who may / may not play in the post-season. Like Phoenix. Maybe the return of injured players will give them a boost...

Not me. I'm actually looking forward to a top 10 pick. Ryan Pulock would look nice on the Wings blueline. Our D has no identity this year, nor does our team. It's at a point where not being able to hold a single 2 goal lead has made me want the boys to miss the playoffs so we can bring in at least 1 top 10 pick to give us some immediate top end young talent even if just for 1 year to transition this team to a younger core with our top prospects. it's time to run down the clock on signings like Cleary, Quincey, Sammy, etc and replace them with Jarnkrok, Sproul, Ouellet. Missing the playoffs may be the best thing to happen and give us a franchise Dman.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#90 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

Not me. I'm actually looking forward to a top 10 pick. Ryan Pulock would look nice on the Wings blueline. Our D has no identity this year, nor does our team. It's at a point where not being able to hold a single 2 goal lead has made me want the boys to miss the playoffs so we can bring in at least 1 top 10 pick to give us some immediate top end young talent even if just for 1 year to transition this team to a younger core with our top prospects. it's time to run down the clock on signings like Cleary, Quincey, Sammy, etc and replace them with Jarnkrok, Sproul, Ouellet. Missing the playoffs may be the best thing to happen and give us a franchise Dman.

Even if we do draft a top 10 player, he's probably going to spend the next 5 years in Grand Rapids in true Red Wings fashion. 

#91 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

Even if we do draft a top 10 player, he's probably going to spend the next 5 years in Grand Rapids in true Red Wings fashion. 

The winds of change...

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag