• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Jonas Gustavsson recalled from GR, Mrazek sent back down

Rate this topic

I wish I could get excited, but its only gonna be just as bad for Monster. I believe that M-Raz is better than both Howie and Monster, but if you aren't going to address to crap defense, it doesn't matter who is in goal. Good news that Monster is healthy, but I have a feeling its not gonna help the Wings....Welcome back Jonas! Pull that seatbelt one more notch and hold on!

Guest The Axe

I wish I could get excited, but its only gonna be just as bad for Monster. I believe that M-Raz is better than both Howie and Monster, but if you aren't going to address to crap defense, it doesn't matter who is in goal. Good news that Monster is healthy, but I have a feeling its not gonna help the Wings....Welcome back Jonas! Pull that seatbelt one more notch and hold on!

Exactly. Pain Train.

Woo! Motor city monster! Tho I agree, I like what I've seen out of mraz more, and I'd rather have other guys back from injury but it's nice to see a couple of our guys starting to come back.. Hopefully others quickly follow *fingers crossed*

I know this was coming especially after Babcock's little post-game interview. Last night showed that the kid needs more time in the minors to develop. I'm not blaming the game on him, because he certainly made some outstanding saves, and kept us along. The first one should've been avoided regardless if he saw it or not. That stick needs to be covering the 5-hole at all times, it shouldn't just find itself a black hole in the universe. The second one that went 5-hole same thing, but at least this time he just didn't get down in time, and openly admitted it. He legitimately got beat on one goal last night. Is there future with him? Absolutely! It's good to see that we have someone in the pipeline that will have a future with us, he certainly is going to get better and better but he needs time with the goalie coaches. Monster will get more trust with the franchise and I think we'll be seeing more split time now.

What? The kid played one good game and is arguable the future of goaltending for this franchise but he was terrible yesterday..when Jimmy plays bad you blame Jimmy but when Mraz plays bad it's the d in front of him. I know I know you drink your own blend of cool aid but Mraz belongs back in the minors for now.he will get his shot.

What? The kid played one good game and is arguable the future of goaltending for this franchise but he was terrible yesterday..when Jimmy plays bad you blame Jimmy but when Mraz plays bad it's the d in front of him. I know I know you drink your own blend of cool aid but Mraz belongs back in the minors for now.he will get his shot.

I wouldn't say he played horrible, the first goal he couldn't see the puck, he let in a soft one off a faceoff, butthe rest of the game he seemed to play pretty well, and bailed us out a few times. All in all, goaltending is the least of our worries currently

Saw it coming, Mraz definitely shows potential to be very good. Right now it's Howard and Gustavasson's show.

Cleary needs to start producing 1 points in 15 games playing 20+ shifts a game while taking isn't good enough.

The alarming thing about Cleary is he has 11 minor penalties. The next closest forward on the team only has 5, after that it's 3. So Cleary accounts for 30% of our forward's penalties this season and he has third most in the entire league. I just cannot fathom what Babcock is doing putting Cleary out there so often. It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Saw it coming, Mraz definitely shows potential to be very good. Right now it's Howard and Gustavasson's show.

Cleary needs to start producing 1 points in 15 games playing 20+ shifts a game while taking isn't good enough.

The alarming thing about Cleary is he has 11 minor penalties. The next closest forward on the team only has 5, after that it's 3. So Cleary accounts for 30% of our forward's penalties this season and he has third most in the entire league. I just cannot fathom what Babcock is doing putting Cleary out there so often. It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Maybe babs is betting against the wings. Cleary does a good job of making sure we don't score when he's out there. He also trys hard to take penalties if the other team seems to want to score

It's better for Mrazek to be in GR, where he will get the majority of starts. While he did get 2 starts up here, developmentally it's better for him to get more Grand Rapids starts than to keep track of faceoffs from Detroit's bench.

True but not using a free agent you signed is a dumb move.

No one is saying not to use him. Why would you sit any player you're playing millions of dollars. I'm hoping for the best but not expecting much.

Why is there any argument against this move? Yea mraz is good and quite possibly the future here but he was only up because monster was injured.. If monster were healthy mraz would have been in GR the whole time.

No one is saying it's a bad move. Petr should be in GR. I'm just not excited about Monster as a back up. I hope he does well, however.

No one is saying not to use him. Why would you sit any player you're playing millions of dollars. I'm hoping for the best but not expecting much.

No one is saying it's a bad move. Petr should be in GR. I'm just not excited about Monster as a back up. I hope he does well, however.

I think monster will exceed expectations. He was the best backup available when we signed him IMO and I was glad we did.

It's not so much whether Gustavsson himself can make a difference for the team, but having him back should mean Howard can get a game off a bit more often and hopefully play better because of it.

Mrazek is extremely promising and I'm looking forward to seeing him as a full-time backup someday.

It's not so much whether Gustavsson himself can make a difference for the team, but having him back should mean Howard can get a game off a bit more often and hopefully play better because of it.

Mrazek is extremely promising and I'm looking forward to seeing him as a full-time backup someday.

Absolutely. Mrazek simply got called up because the franchise had more faith in him than McCollum. Monster is healthy and ready to play, he was the intended back-up. The franchise brought him in for a reason, and they're going to use him the way he was intended; making Jimmy compete for 1G, and to give him split time finally. Monster is a tall goalie which is something we needed. Mrazek didn't have the same trust with the franchise than Monster, he just got some time in to help the team when needed. He came out and did a good job. Help beat St.Louis and for the most part a solid performance against Minn. He's got a future, it's just not now. Give him time in GR as the starter, and working with the goalie coaches. It's going to help him improve and he'll be more than ready by the time he has a chance in the big show.

IDK, i got the feeling that Gustavsson isn't going to get that many starts. If there's one things the Wings do it's play their starter 90% of the time.

I'm not sure if it's already been said but does anyone know how Monster did in GR? Did he play a game? I'm not expecting too much out of him either but I think he has the skill and size to be a really good backup and push Howard. I just hope he doesn't get lit up whenever his first start is.