• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Jonas Gustavsson recalled from GR, Mrazek sent back down

Rate this topic

this. He played pretty well as a starter on a pretty awful leafs team, I have been very excited to see what he can do in the winged wheel :)

I am happy to see him back, him and Harding are the guys I wish nothing but lots of Vezinas and all the luck in life. They both have gone through hell and always come back, heres to a great career in Detroit go Jonas!

IDK, i got the feeling that Gustavsson isn't going to get that many starts. If there's one things the Wings do it's play their starter 90% of the time.

It'll depend on how he does. If the team can win with Gus in net I could see him getting 1 out of every 3 or 4 starts.

There's a good story about Monster's only start on the conditioning stint in GR from a Yahoo contributor...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/good-bad-jonas-gustavsson-rehab-stint-grand-rapids-201400439--nhl.html

That was obviously before the call up from Detroit, so the author thinks that Gustavsson will still get a few more GR starts.

What? The kid played one good game and is arguable the future of goaltending for this franchise but he was terrible yesterday..when Jimmy plays bad you blame Jimmy but when Mraz plays bad it's the d in front of him. I know I know you drink your own blend of cool aid but Mraz belongs back in the minors for now.he will get his shot.

I don't ever falt out blame JImmy. He does give up bad rebounds and I have never really been a huge fan of his, but I don't trash Jimmy. I just happen to think M-Raz is better than him. I do agree M-Raz belongs back in the minors because he needs to play. Babcock just refuses to make the correct lineup changes and sitting M-Raz for so long (after his debut) was a mistake. He should have at least played in one of the back-to-back games. But until the D gets adressed, we could have a 2000 version of Dom Hasek and still be losing....I may be on the wagon of thinking Howard isn't anything more than above average, but I have been blaming the D all year long, with the exception of when I trash on Jimmy for his rebound problems...

For the Record: I am not arguing that M-Raz should stay up rather than Monster, I am just saying until Holland grows some balls and makes a move to get a D-man, its only going to be the same for Monster....a goalie can only stop so many odd man rushes and break-aways... I like Jonas, but I also believe that he won't play as much as you guys think...Babs just refuses to sit Howard for more than 1 out of 8 or 9 games....