• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

Practice 2/18

Rate this topic

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/red-wings-monday-practice-post-in-progress-wings-attempt-to-rebound-via-lin

I don't know if this is worthy of its own thread but I didn't know where else to put it. Anyway, of note:

Gustavson and Franzen are both practicing.

More interesting: Tatar replaced Cleary on the second line with Filppulla and Sammy. Also, Tatar is with Dats and Z on the first power play unit.

I'm really interested to see whether this makes it to the game, and how it ends up working. One of Tatar's unsung strengths IMO is his tenacity in the dirty areas, despite his size. I think he may do well in his new role.

I think it's fine to create a thread on this. We don't need a practice thread every game obviously but these changes are discussion worthy. I think Tatar will Excel, but the powerplay won't get better until Kronwall starts keeping the puck in and the point starts causing some havoc.

Why the hell is Babcock splitting up that top line that was responsible for getting us 2 goals last night. They played solid all game and had great chemistry. I think Babs should keep them together for the time being and have Tatar play with Fil and Sammy until Franzen comes back. Once Franzen is back I would like to see:

Brunner- Datsyuk- Zetterberg

Franzen- Fil- Sammy

Eaves- Abs- Tatar

Anderson- Emmerton- Tootoo/ Miller

Cleary scratched, Bert and Helmer still injured.

Why the hell is Babcock splitting up that top line that was responsible for getting us 2 goals last night. They played solid all game and had great chemistry. I think Babs should keep them together for the time being and have Tatar play with Fil and Sammy until Franzen comes back. Once Franzen is back I would like to see:

Franzen- Fil- Sammy

Eaves- Abs- Tatar

The top line played well, but the other lines weren't creating any opportunities, and were liabilities at times. Its tough to break up an effective line, but hopefully it yields results for the greater good.

Franzen- Fil- Sammy

Eaves- Abs- Tatar

The Wings generally play better as a team when Dats and Z are split up. At least it seems that way to me. Your bottom two lines are good but I would move Z to center and switch Datsyuk with Franzen. Oh and I would switch Sammy and Tatar.

When you put all your scoring threats on one line, it makes it much easier to defend. Not a big fan of this. But then again nothing is really working atm.

I don't know what game you watched but that first line with all the big guns was extremely productive

I don't know what game you watched but that first line with all the big guns was extremely productive

Yeah and the other three were non existent. You can roll with one awesome line and get 20 minutes of productive offense and then nothing for the other 40 minutes, or roll two lines of decent offensive for 30-40 minutes.

It averages out to better production since the opposing defense has to play at a higher level for significantly longer tiring the out and keeps your lines fresher..

I disagree. Sammy is a shooter. He gets the puck to the net. He is also a big a body. This is something we need in the lineup over a smaller guy. Sammy fits better.

I agree, I wasn't a huge fan of bringing sammy back when they signed him, but after watching him I am liking the signing.He controls the puck well, he is responsible defensively, he's a big body and he likes to shoot. after a couple games he will be back in game shape and shouldn't have a problem hitting the net

Franzen- Fil- Sammy

Eaves- Abs- Tatar

because fil was left out to dry, only having one line that can generate scoring chances isnt fun to watch and doesnt win us the game.

im starting to turn into the biggest cleary hater ever. tatar looks great this year, im pumped to see what he can do on a top line

I watched the game that we lost. Becasue we had no secondary scoring. That is the problem. If you put all your play makers on the same line, you become one demensional. D, Z amd sometimes Fil make others around them better. Now no one is doing that.

I watched the game that we lost. Becasue we had no secondary scoring. That is the problem. If you put all your play makers on the same line, you become one demensional. D, Z amd sometimes Fil make others around them better. Now no one is doing that.

I agree we were one dimensional because we had all the talent on one line, but my point was that line was not easy to defend and they were very good

I agree we were one dimensional because we had all the talent on one line, but my point was that line was not easy to defend and they were very good

To be fair, we were playing another 1 line team. For that game it worked. well, not really we still lost. But verses a deeper more balanced team we are really screwed by doing this.