• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

Practice 2/18

Rate this topic

Fil needs to be able to center the second line, mind you with better line mates. Get Franzen back on his wing with Tatar.

Zetterberg - Datayuk - Brunner

Franzen - Flippula - Tatar

Bert - Helm - Sammy

Cleary - Abdelkader - Tootoo/Andersson

This lineup leaves a huge opportunity for Babcock to do in game adjustments if the game isn't going well. Spark some life into lines not doing well without any considerable drop offs

Fil needs to be able to center the second line, mind you with better line mates. Get Franzen back on his wing with Tatar.

Zetterberg - Datayuk - Brunner

Franzen - Flippula - Tatar

Bert - Helm - Sammy

Cleary - Abdelkader - Tootoo/Andersson

This lineup leaves a huge opportunity for Babcock to do in game adjustments if the game isn't going well. Spark some life into lines not doing well without any considerable drop offs

That would be nice but apparently the Wings are unable to play a game with their complete lineup this season. But I agree with those lines except I would not even bother playing Cleary over Eaves and Miller. Cleary needs to off this team he is just horrible.

According to Khan for today's practice, Cleary has been moved up to the first line and is playing the "net front presence" on the first PP unit.

I. Just. Don't. Get. It.

We've had Cleary doing the net front presence thing with Sammy shooting from the point before.....it didn't end well. Although if it happened again I imagine half of LGW would buy Sammy flowers instead of trying to run him out of town like last time :lol:

Helene St. James

@HeleneStJames

#RedWings have cleared F Jan Mursak, taken him off IR. Mike Babcock said he isn't sure if he'll make line changes for game at Nashville

I wonder what the Red Wings plan on doing with Mursak?

I feel like his lack of durability has made him expendable. It's been two seasons in a row now that he has missed crucial opportunities to prove what he can do for this club, and now it seems he's been leapfrogged on the depth chart by Andersson and Tatar. The only place he would really fit into the lineup is on the 4th line, but the line of Miller-Emmerton-Tootoo has been very good for this team which is probably why Babcock hasn't broken them up. I think with everyone healthy, he was supposed to be in a battle with Emmerton for the #14 spot, but I feel like Emmerton has probably secured it.

We've had Cleary doing the net front presence thing with Sammy shooting from the point before.....it didn't end well. Although if it happened again I imagine half of LGW would buy Sammy flowers instead of trying to run him out of town like last time :lol:

I had to lol when I read this quote from Khan about Sammy from an mlive article posted this morning:

"He doesn't have the most accurate shot, but he's not shy about directing the puck at the net..."

Oh Khan, saying what everyone else is thinking.

I was one of the Sammy bashers in his last tenure with the team. Now that I see that this team is on pace to NOT make the playoffs, I think the more shots the better, even if they are always stoppable.

Deflections and rebounds. We need more.

It's funny how Tatar has kind of positioned himself for the "Top 6" forward role a lot of people thought Nyquist would end up with. As I find myself increasingly disgruntled with the role players on this team (Abdelkader, Miller, etc.), a guy like Tatar who is actually showing real offensive ability NEEDS to play.

We know what Sammy is, and we know what Cleary is. This is not going to end any better than a round or two past the playoffs. But what can Tatar playing next to Datsyuk? What might Emmerton, Nyquist, or Kindl turn into if we just keep playing them? Those are more intriguing questions to me than just rolling out there with tired veterans towards predictable results.

Also, if there was any doubt about Helm's value (never was on my end), I think we're seeing it now. Opposing PP's are something like 27% against us and the 3rd & 4th lines generate nothing unless Tatar or Andersson is involved.

It's funny how Tatar has kind of positioned himself for the "Top 6" forward role a lot of people thought Nyquist would end up with. As I find myself increasingly disgruntled with the role players on this team (Abdelkader, Miller, etc.), a guy like Tatar who is actually showing real offensive ability NEEDS to play.

We know what Sammy is, and we know what Cleary is. This is not going to end any better than a round or two past the playoffs. But what can Tatar playing next to Datsyuk? What might Emmerton, Nyquist, or Kindl turn into if we just keep playing them? Those are more intriguing questions to me than just rolling out there with tired veterans towards predictable results.

Also, if there was any doubt about Helm's value (never was on my end), I think we're seeing it now. Opposing PP's are something like 27% against us and the 3rd & 4th lines generate nothing unless Tatar or Andersson is involved.

IMO, Helm's non-presence on the PK has cemented him as important as the Draper/Maltby combo of the mid to late 90's. He is very good as what he does (forechecking, PKing, wrecking in the corners, and getting to loose pucks). That video of him and Tootoo running around the ice forechecking and body checking everything they see actually gave me hope for this season.