• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zetts

Worst Calls of the Year

Rate this topic

I can't believe that they didn't catch Duschene offside. How does that happen?

I don't know, I could have been having a smoke on the patio at the bar watching the tv inside fom a hundred feet away and still would have seen that clear offside

edit: maybe we should start cherry picking, hide behind the goalie and wait for a puck lol

Edited by Euro_Twins

I don't know if there will be another call as bad as the duschene one.. wow.

nice hands on duschene tho ;) haha

Ya but did Mason really expect him to take the shot and it count? the entire arena, except the linesman realized it was offside

With the brutal calls this year, I thought this could be a good thread to keep track of it. The idea came after what was, in my opinion, one of the worst calls in a while this afternoon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDXf_2Ct54o

Isn't this technically one of the worst no calls? lol

Yeah that was horrible. Duchene even slowed down because he knew he was offsides, then realized there was no whistle and finished the job.

It seems the linesman (mistakenly) thought the Nashville player intentionally sent the puck into his own zone, which, if he had actually done that, would have resulted in no offside. Instead, the puck bounced off the Nashville player and into his zone, so it should have been offside.

Today reminded me of some of the early NFL officiating with the replacement refs, that Duchene goal being allowed is unacceptable. I don't understand why they don't adjust the rule for situations like this that if they decide it's a complete and utter crap call between periods that it becomes overturned. Even in Jeopardy if they get something wrong after the commercial break they will fix it and readjust the points. I don't like Nashville but they got the shaft today.

Edited by BlazeYoungblood

Yeah, touché. Watch Nashville miss the playoffs by a point now too.. Ha

As much as I feel bad that they got screwed like that, there is still no guarantee they would have won, and I couldn't care less if they miss they miss the playoffs by a point, especially if that point they miss it by is our point. We as wings fans are supposed to hate Nashville, but that isn't my reasoning for not caring, it's more the fact that they beat us 4-1 last year, and Rinne seems to stand on his head when they play us, so I would rather face a team like Colorado, Phoenix, or Dallas more then Nashville in the Playoffs.

BCxCi3MCMAAqb5I.jpg

It wasn't anywhere near as bad as Duchene's but Datsyuks highlight reel goal against LA was offside as well...Glad the Linesman missed that one.

See that is a matter of perspective though, the ref felt he had control of the puck, considering he plays pucks off his skates regularly, Duchene was 10 feet offside and even he knew it

The league can't enforce rules differently for different players. Despite Datsyuks abilities playing the puck with his skates, 99 times out of 100 the linesman would blow that play offside because while letting a puck bounce off your skate may lead to control, its far from having the puck in your possession.

I don't think it was a case of the linesman thinking he had control of the puck, I think it was a close play and one of the few where the linesman just misjudged whether the skates or the puck crossed the line first.

Regardless though I'm glad it was missed because it was a beautiful shot and led to a much needed 2 points.

See that is a matter of perspective though, the ref felt he had control of the puck, considering he plays pucks off his skates regularly, Duchene was 10 feet offside and even he knew it

Not sure if you are serious or not, but there's no way a linesman would call onside because he was in control of the puck. You need to have possession of the puck to be in control of it. Based on that still shot though, he's offside, but at full speed, it would probably look pretty close and I guess they give the benefit of the doubt to the offensive player?

Regarding Duchene, whether he was 2 feet, 10 feet or 20 feet ahead of the puck over the line, if the Preds passed the puck back in their end, doesn't matter, he's onside. That's the explanation they gave on that play. Still a completely terrible call, but at least not mind boggling how they could miss someone that far offside.

Not sure if you are serious or not, but there's no way a linesman would call onside because he was in control of the puck. You need to have possession of the puck to be in control of it. Based on that still shot though, he's offside, but at full speed, it would probably look pretty close and I guess they give the benefit of the doubt to the offensive player?

Regarding Duchene, whether he was 2 feet, 10 feet or 20 feet ahead of the puck over the line, if the Preds passed the puck back in their end, doesn't matter, he's onside. That's the explanation they gave on that play. Still a completely terrible call, but at least not mind boggling how they could miss someone that far offside.

I don't think a pred ever touched it. It's chipped out from Colorado's zone by an av and then one of the preds tries to grab it but misses. It then slides over to Duchene who is already offsides.

when the puck is traveling behind pav, i dont believe he has control. anyway the rule is, control or not, the puck must be completely over the line for it to count as on side.