• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeymom1960

Minnesota's Devin Setoguchi faces discplinary hearing for hit on Q

Rate this topic

I don't think he'll get any games, most likely just a fine. He immediately looked back and was concerned. He absolutely jabbed him straight in the face with his twig, I believe Q got 20 stitches.

Dangerous play, but clearly reactionary and not intentional. He's not a dirty player by any stretch, so a fine or a warning seems about right.

Edit: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=656294&navid=nhl:topheads

nhl.com has the story, and the hearing is only for a fine, so there's no suspension in play. Per the story, a fine exceeding $5000 a hearing is required.

Edited by nosyt612

It's clear from watching that replay that it was a little reckless but accidental. His stick was up too high but it wasn't premeditated or anything. Tootoo probably could have challenged him to a fight but probably wouldn't have gotten anywhere, Setoguchi doesn't fight I don't think.

At any rate, not much to see here. He's a diver but not a dirty player.

Seto should have gotten disciplined by taking a stick to the mouth himself, or a fist, but unfortunately for us, Babs and Holland are back to the same old "let the league handle it" and "our PP is our enforcer" because much like when everyone sat and watched Stuart get the flying elbow in Calgary a couple years back with noone defending him, everyone just sat and watched this happen. Glad they scored in that PP or else I would have been really disappointed....oh wait. WTF!?!?

Edited by LeftWinger

One half of his daily salary eh? Wish I made $16K a day. Dang.

NEW YORKMinnesota Wild forward Devin Setoguchi has been fined $8,108.11, the maximum allowed under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, for high-sticking Detroit Red Wings defenseman Kyle Quincey
in NHL Game No. 216 in Minnesota on Sunday, February 17, the National
Hockey League’s Department of Player Safety announced today.

The incident occurred at 15:16 of the second period. Setoguchi was assessed a double-minor penalty for high-sticking.

As a first-time offender, the maximum Setoguchi could be fined was the lesser of $10,000 or one-half of his daily salary.

The fine money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

It could have been a lot worse than it turned out. Q returned and didn't seem to be any worse for wear. I still think Setoguchi is a huge ****** and one of the biggest divers in the league but this doesn't deserve more than a small fine.

Quincey can play worse? I don't want to see that, I thought he was just setting the bar low so he could come out looking like a star after

This brings up memories of that officiating travesty playoff round against San Jose a few years ago. Remember when Setoguchi high sticked Franzen in the face, drew blood, and they gave the penalty to Franzen instead of Seto?

This guy is a POS, its a shame the rules in the NHL are so pointlessly written that when a player gets fined the "maximum amount" it equates to less than a slap on the wrist.

The POS posts are really weird. Hockey is a tough game for tough guys. Sooner or later everyone gets hit with the puck, the stick, and elbow, etc.... it happens at every level.

This play was a classic bang bang play where both guys turned around and realized they were going to run into each other. they both tried to put their arms-and yes their sticks up to protect themselves. One did and one didn't. I could care less if he gets fined or punished in any way. I am far more concerned about the fact we had a 4 min. PP and didn't score. Again.

Guest Johnz96

Quincey can play worse? I don't want to see that, I thought he was just setting the bar low so he could come out looking like a star after

After the first few games Quincey has been good.

The POS posts are really weird. Hockey is a tough game for tough guys. Sooner or later everyone gets hit with the puck, the stick, and elbow, etc.... it happens at every level.

This play was a classic bang bang play where both guys turned around and realized they were going to run into each other. they both tried to put their arms-and yes their sticks up to protect themselves. One did and one didn't. I could care less if he gets fined or punished in any way. I am far more concerned about the fact we had a 4 min. PP and didn't score. Again.

every player is supposed to be in control of their stick and Setoguchi wasn't and cross checked our guy in the face and you're ok with that? that's pretty pathetic bud. he should have got a game suspension. reactionary or not, it was a garbage play. tough guys don't have to cross check people in the face.