Photo
- - - - -

2/19 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Predators 4 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
553 replies to this topic

#521 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

What has Tatar done to NOT get more ice time.
He has been given an opportunity and made the most if it
And has done nothing to diminish his shine.

Harbaugh gave Kapernick a shot at QB and he impressed and won
The job.....i thought thats how this team sport thing worked. The harder
Worker better performer earns the job.

Edited by beachwing, 19 February 2013 - 11:28 PM.

#522 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

I just wonder if Babcock is told to follow protocol and play the vets first over the rookies...I know he loves Cleary, and that is fine, but everyone is watching the same game here....Tatar is far superior to Cleary...he deserves top minutes. It just seems like Holland tells Babcock who and where to play them...

Tatar, Andersson, Nyquist and Sheahan should ALL be here... playing heavy minutes...

Pretty sure Kenny got everyone’s titties twisted up when he said the “playoffs weren’t a guarantee” for this team before the season started. He was referring to a healthy line-up obviously. 

So, to answer your question: yes I think the GM of Detroit Red Wings knows what kind of team he has. 

In that case, he is screwed then...as are we.  I guess he is locked in his office counting turns of a milk carton top....because if he knew what kind of team he had then, and they are underperforming even moreso, he still has yet to get something done...maybe he has tried, maybe nobody wants any of our players not named Datsyuk or Zetterberg....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#523 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

Although I do agree, I think Tatar deserves top minutes ahead of Cleary, Cleary responded tonight with a goal and an assist. You will love to know that he was 2nd among Wing forwards in ice-time with a whopping 20:57.

#524 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

We have no one to trade.  That's why moves like the "Huskins move" are about as good as Holland is willing or able to go for.  

If we can get Brad Stuart for a 2nd and a 4th, then I believe there's always a way to upgrade your defense.  May not be a superstar, but the right guy in the right role could seriously help us.  Honestly off the top of my head I believe any one of Robyn Regehr, Henrik Tallinder, Anton Volchenkov, or Mark Stuart could be had, and all would be a help.  Of course only one of Volchenkov or Tallinder, but not both...clearly. 

I agree we're thin in terms of trade bait, but it's not like there's simply nothing to be done. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#525 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

"Franzen, Cleary, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, Quincey, Kindl....it's the way of the future....the way of the future....the way of the future..."

Holland best get this team turned around with some sort of shakeup....hell, if you cannot trade players, sit them, bench them, dress them then sit them on the bench the entire game....for  f***s sake Holland, get a move on!

I want to wake up in the morning and read "Wings trade Filppula + for _________ in a blockbuster deal!"

www.thinkdunes.com

#526 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

CLEARY OUT OF THE TOP6

this needs a thread, it needs to be pushed and it needs to happen

#527 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Holland is in a bind, so what his own fault. But, where do you try to improve? The real answer is everywhere. But how does he do that? We are so thin everywhere, that to make one move only weakens us further at another position. Add to it the injuries and we have a major mess. It is a sad state of affairs when the next 2 games are must wins for us, or we may-key word there, may be toast.

#528 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,713 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

Why do people think Cleary will be benched now after a two point game?

If anything, he and Holland are sitting in the office negotiating a new contract this minute.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 19 February 2013 - 11:34 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#529 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

Why do people think Cleary will be benched now after a two point game?

If anything, he and Holland are sitting in the office negotiating a new contract this minute.

I think Holland is looking for a new way to circumvent the CBA in order to give Cleary $7M a season...

www.thinkdunes.com

#530 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

A game like that will turn things around for the wings though... Playing like s*** then a spark gets lit and gets carried over

Datsyuk was unreal though I was blown away throughout the game by him

#531 Mater_Horn

Mater_Horn

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

The powerplay is sad. Let the best shot on the team Brunner play wing and hang around the crease, it's where he is getting his goals.

Yup. Around the crease on the pp. Well said!

#532 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

Update on entire #RedWings team: Everyone is day-to-day. Life is fra-gi-lay.

bringit.jpg

#533 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

Tatar not being on one of the top 2 lines was a mistake.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#534 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

"Franzen, Cleary, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, Quincey, Kindl....it's the way of the future....the way of the future....the way of the future..."

Holland best get this team turned around with some sort of shakeup....hell, if you cannot trade players, sit them, bench them, dress them then sit them on the bench the entire game....for  f***s sake Holland, get a move on!

I want to wake up in the morning and read "Wings trade Filppula + for _________ in a blockbuster deal!"

Dude, look at our lineup.  No Bertuzzi, No Franzen, No Samuelson, No Helm, No Smith... I mean, thats 3 top 4 wingers, our third line center and our number 3 defensemen.  This is not the team Holland built.  

I've never been one to question Mike Babcock, I think he's a terrific coach.. But was is he thinking playing Cleary 20 minutes and Tatar less than 10?
I don't understand..I really don't. He watches the same game we do, does he not?

To be fair, Cleary did get a goal and an assist....

#535 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

Flip SUCKED tonight. Again.

#536 Classic

Classic

Jimmy Howard fanboi.

• 25 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

Oh man. At least we got a point, these injuries are absolutely crushing us,at least it shows how much depth we have. :)

Onward and upward!

Detroit Red Wings - Brunning away with it.

Glasgow Celtic F.C. - A Commons affair.

#537 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

Dude, look at our lineup.  No Bertuzzi, No Franzen, No Samuelson, No Helm, No Smith... I mean, thats 3 top 4 wingers, our third line center and our number 3 defensemen.  This is not the team Holland built.  

To be fair, Cleary did get a goal and an assist....

Well yes it is. I am not a Holland sucks type of guy. He has donea  great job for us for a long long time. But he is the one that resigns all of these old players. Players do tend to get hurt more often and take longer to recover, the older they get. Bert has had a bad back for years. Franzen is banged up every year, sammy same thing. Cola misses half of every season. So yes in some ways this is the team that Holland built.

#538 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

We have no one to trade.  That's why moves like the "Huskins move" are about as good as Holland is willing or able to go for.  

This.  Unless we are willing to mortgage our future for a trade by trading away our draft picks.....which I don't want to do.

In the new NHL, you have to rebuild through the draft.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#539 jfranzen

jfranzen

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

I hate to be one of these "we really need a natural sniper" guys, but its becoming a trend that we can outwork and out shoot a team for a majority of a game and still end up with bupkis on the scoreboard because we "ran into a hot goalie.". I'm sorry, but that's not an excuse anymore. We once had an accumulation of skill that we could pass around an oppositions defense and make them look silly. That time has come and gone. We need forwards, at least two that can straight up beat goalies consistently. Franzen, when he tries, really looks like that guy, but he is not nearly consistent enough. Trade him and Fil and maybe a pick or some prospects.
I'm offended that you're offended.

#540 JPT

JPT

Rookie

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Last night was a great game to watch. Pavs had one of the more memorable games that I can remember from a single player. He almost won the game on his own. Its a shame he doesn't have anyone on his wing that can help him out. Definitely a tough one to lose but I have hope for this team yet that they can put it together.

As Richdg said as far as the injuries go its no surprise that some of these players are hurt. Cola, Sammy and Franzen always miss time. Holland an Co. knew this so these injuries aren't an excuse.