• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Thoughts on the Blackhawks

Rate this topic

Well, if the Wings had sucked hard from like 199whatever until 2006, theyd have a team like Chicago (or Pittsburgh or St Louis who didnt suck quite as bad, or the more recently sucky Oilers).

That's the exact arguement I've made when discussing this with my friends here in Chicago. Teams like Detroit New York Boston and Vancouver (I hate vancouver but can't deny the fact that they are really good) deserve a lot of respect for building good teams without high draft picks, especially Detroit.

I used to always think the hawks were a 4 man team with no depth, but lately their bottom 6 has improved immensely.

I want a win on Sunday so badly. I'm watching the game with one of my best friends (a Chicago guy and huge Hawks fan) and nothing would feel better than having that trump card in my pocket for a while.

I want a win on Sunday so badly. I'm watching the game with one of my best friends (a Chicago guy and huge Hawks fan) and nothing would feel better than having that trump card in my pocket for a while.

I agree, my 9 year old cousin has been rubbing it in my face all year about how good Chicago is doing, it would be nice if Detroit could take that away from him lol (no I'm not going to be a terrible person and rub it in his face)

Without a doubt Chicago has been a great team this year, we took a point from them last time we met and we weren't playing our best hockey. Now i'm not saying we are playing lights out hockey now, but we have turned a corner to do some damage within the next 6-7 games to get some points. I do think we will beat the Hawks on Sunday, just don't think it will be in regulation. Chicago can be a dominant team all they want in the regular season, but it don't mean anything in the playoffs.

I agree, my 9 year old cousin has been rubbing it in my face all year about how good Chicago is doing, it would be nice if Detroit could take that away from him lol (no I'm not going to be a terrible person and rub it in his face)

Good man.

In my case, my friend is 54, so I will have no problem ribbing him about a Blackhawks loss to us.

Thoughts? For a team to have so many draft picks to win a cup, good job on building a team.

To have to Dismantle that team and literally lose all your depth and start over from just your key pieces and come back to an elite level, They have an opportunity to be a model Franchise, if they can win a cup with that much turnover.

It'd be like us Holding on to Datsyuk, Howard, Z, Kronner and a couple of prospects, and clean house and come back and win another cup.......Kinda what we tried to do, it's just that Chicago did a better job.

Mad Respect. I'd rather see an original 6 rival like Chicago doing well over some BS franchise like Nashville or Florida dominating.

Thoughts? For a team to have so many draft picks to win a cup, good job on building a team.

To have to Dismantle that team and literally lose all your depth and start over from just your key pieces and come back to an elite level, They have an opportunity to be a model Franchise, if they can win a cup with that much turnover.

It'd be like us Holding on to Datsyuk, Howard, Z, Kronner and a couple of prospects, and clean house and come back and win another cup.......Kinda what we tried to do, it's just that Chicago did a better job.

Mad Respect. I'd rather see an original 6 rival like Chicago doing well over some BS franchise like Nashville or Florida dominating.

Except we already did it twice before our current try, and most of our losses came from retirement rather than trades.

I just got done talking to a bunch of Blackhawks fans, so I am a little amped up about this game now.

All I did was go to a Blackhawks forum, and state my opinion about the proposed realignment, and was basically called names the whole time, so screw them. I want to see a "snowman", in favor of the Red Wings on Sunday.

I respect the Blackhawks organization, and all of their history, but cannot stand their jealous, ignorant, and insecure fans. If anyone out there has a case of "penis envy", it's Blackhawks fans.

Go Red Wings!!

Edited by Redwings 1926

We should have won the first time we played them. If a determined Wings team shows up, we should win again.The Blackhawks have gotten more than their fair share of good bounces even if they are playing well. I can't wait. I will only get to see the first period or so because I have a flight at 3:30 heading to Florida with my girlfriend. I will be updating my phone non-stop in the airport so hopefully I can start the trip out on a good note.