• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Thoughts on the Blackhawks

Rate this topic

We've seen so many teams steam roll the competition in the regular season and then get bounced in the first round or struggle and get eliminated early. Remember last year how the Pens were unstoppable and there was no one that could beat them. First round knockout. Remember the Sharks year after year finishing really strong, getting a high seed and they have yet to make the Finals. Heck, even us. We had a 23 game home win streak last year and lose both playoffs games to Nashville and were bounced in the first round. The regular season means nothing. If the Hawks have success like this in the playoffs, they're good, but what they're doing now, while impressive, means nothing.

We should have won the first time we played them. If a determined Wings team shows up, we should win again.The Blackhawks have gotten more than their fair share of good bounces even if they are playing well. I can't wait. I will only get to see the first period or so because I have a flight at 3:30 heading to Florida with my girlfriend. I will be updating my phone non-stop in the airport so hopefully I can start the trip out on a good note.

I wish you luck. A few of my buddies are in PCB right now and it was like 40 degrees today they said.

Who do you see stepping up and knocking them down?

kronwall.gif

I wish you luck. A few of my buddies are in PCB right now and it was like 40 degrees today they said.

Thanks, It's supposed to be in the 60s tomorrow and then Monday but mid to high 70's the rest of the week so I think we will luck out with the weather.

Im a half hour down the road from PCB in Destin and as I type this its 29 on the Beach....Hockey weTher for certain!!!

They have lost....just not in regulation. We as Detroit fans know all to well that while NHL records are nice, they don't mean crap in the playoffs. I am not trying to downplay the Hawks and their fans and "The Record," but not unless this equates to a Hoisting of the Cup, it's it means nothing. Much like 1996....

Chicago area has been pumped. Been in Chicago three times over the last month and been seeing a lot of Hawks jerseys. Was in a Jewel Osco this weekend and a young couple was ripping on me as I had my Wings hat on and the game was going on at the same time Sunday, I had to politely mention that 22 yrs of making the playoffs and numerous Stanley Cups, but I had to digress.

Hawks are looking good. It's not so much thinking about the record streak, it's when you ask yourself who the hell is gonna take these guys down in a 7 game series at this point?? if LA plays like they did last year in the playoffs, that would probably be a WCF and a damn entertaining one. St. Louis was my early pick, but injuries and inconsistent play and goaltending knocked them off that mantle.

To be honest, I feel like the "regular season success means nothing" line rings a little hollow in this case. This is a very good team playing very good hockey. And they're not terribly far removed from their Cup run (in terms of both time and personnel), so they know, and have, what it takes to get it done in the playoffs.

It's not so much thinking about the record streak, it's when you ask yourself who the hell is gonna take these guys down in a 7 game series at this point??

Exactly.

Hawks are looking good. It's not so much thinking about the record streak, it's when you ask yourself who the hell is gonna take these guys down in a 7 game series at this point?? if LA plays like they did last year in the playoffs, that would probably be a WCF and a damn entertaining one. St. Louis was my early pick, but injuries and inconsistent play and goaltending knocked them off that mantle.

I really don't like saying this, but it seems that this team is playing in the right division and the right conference in order to do what they're doing.

I don't think they have this record if they had to play LA/Anaheim/Phoenix more often. Or if they had to play Vancouver more.

They definitely wouldn't have this record if they played in the Atlantic or Northeast divisions.

Most of their games are against teams that can't really come close to matching up skill wise: Nashville can't score, we can't score, St. Louis can't defend or score this year, and Columbus is Columbus. Right place at the right time....

I really don't like saying this, but it seems that this team is playing in the right division and the right conference in order to do what they're doing.

I don't think they have this record if they had to play LA/Anaheim/Phoenix more often. Or if they had to play Vancouver more.

They definitely wouldn't have this record if they played in the Atlantic or Northeast divisions.

Most of their games are against teams that can't really come close to matching up skill wise: Nashville can't score, we can't score, St. Louis can't defend or score this year, and Columbus is Columbus. Right place at the right time....

They play NHL teams night in and night out, the same as the other 29.