• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,076 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

If the Wings break the streak, will Filppula break his stick like that idiot Burrows did against us last season?  

:lol:

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#22 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

If the Wings break the streak, will Filppula break his stick like that idiot Burrows did against us last season?  

:lol:

Should Howard skate and kneel like Luongo did?
I REAAALLY want to be the ones to break their streak but if CBJ were the ones to end I'd love it too.
Can you imagine though..."The Columbus Blue Jackets end The Blackhawks 20 game winning streak"
That would be pretty funny IMO

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#23 wingnut_05

wingnut_05

the grind line

• 22 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

Divine intervention.

Too good too soon, crash and burn come playoff time.  But right now, they have what it takes.

#24 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:19 AM

NHL.com:

ST. LOUIS -- Chicago goaltender Corey Crawford left the Blackhawks' game against the Blues on Thursday night after the first period with an undisclosed injury.

Crawford, who missed three games recently with an upper body injury, was replaced by Ray Emeryafter stopping all six shots he faced. The Blackhawks led 1-0 through one period.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#25 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

NHL.com:

this would be encouraging, but Emery has been just as good as Crawford this year

#26 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

this would be encouraging, but Emery has been just as good as Crawford this year

I'll take Emery.

For whatever reason, Crawford ALWAYS seems to play lights out against us. Hell, their whole team gets up when they played the Winged Wheel.

#27 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

God I cant wait for sunday. i dont even want saturday this weekend.

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#28 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

Well, if the Wings had sucked hard from like 199whatever until 2006, theyd have a team like Chicago (or Pittsburgh or St Louis who didnt suck quite as bad, or the more recently sucky Oilers).

That's the exact arguement I've made when discussing this with my friends here in Chicago. Teams like Detroit New York Boston and Vancouver (I hate vancouver but can't deny the fact that they are really good) deserve a lot of respect for building good teams without high draft picks, especially Detroit.
I used to always think the hawks were a 4 man team with no depth, but lately their bottom 6 has improved immensely.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#29 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

Theyre good!

#30 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

we already managed a point out of them when we weren't playing as good as we are now, I am hoping we can take their regulation loss virginity sunday :)

#31 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

I want a win on Sunday so badly. I'm watching the game with one of my best friends (a Chicago guy and huge Hawks fan) and nothing would feel better than having that trump card in my pocket for a while.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#32 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

I want a win on Sunday so badly. I'm watching the game with one of my best friends (a Chicago guy and huge Hawks fan) and nothing would feel better than having that trump card in my pocket for a while.

I agree, my 9 year old cousin has been rubbing it in my face all year about how good Chicago is doing, it would be nice if Detroit could take that away from him lol (no I'm not going to be a terrible person and rub it in his face)

#33 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

Without a doubt Chicago has been a great team this year, we took a point from them last time we met and we weren't playing our best hockey. Now i'm not saying we are playing lights out hockey now, but we have turned a corner to do some damage within the next 6-7 games to get some points. I do think we will beat the Hawks on Sunday, just don't think it will be in regulation. Chicago can be a dominant team all they want in the regular season, but it don't mean anything in the playoffs.

#34 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

I agree, my 9 year old cousin has been rubbing it in my face all year about how good Chicago is doing, it would be nice if Detroit could take that away from him lol (no I'm not going to be a terrible person and rub it in his face)

Good man.

In my case, my friend is 54, so I will have no problem ribbing him about a Blackhawks loss to us.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#35 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,548 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

I want their lossginity so badly I can taste it. Kudos to them for the strong start, but now I want it all to come crashing down around them lol.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#36 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

I want their lossginity so badly I can taste it. Kudos to them for the strong start, but now I want it all to come crashing down around them lol.

So much win!

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#37 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

Jackets on top of them 1-0. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#38 Tane

Tane

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

Thoughts? For a team to have so many draft picks to win a cup, good job on building a team. 

To have to Dismantle that team and literally lose all your depth and start over from just your key pieces and come back to an elite level, They have an opportunity to be a model Franchise, if they can win a cup with that much turnover.

It'd be like us Holding on to Datsyuk, Howard, Z, Kronner and a couple of prospects, and clean house and come back and win another cup.......Kinda what we tried to do, it's just that Chicago did a better job. 

Mad Respect. I'd rather see an original 6 rival like Chicago doing well over some BS franchise like Nashville or Florida dominating.

#39 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

Thoughts? For a team to have so many draft picks to win a cup, good job on building a team. 

To have to Dismantle that team and literally lose all your depth and start over from just your key pieces and come back to an elite level, They have an opportunity to be a model Franchise, if they can win a cup with that much turnover.

It'd be like us Holding on to Datsyuk, Howard, Z, Kronner and a couple of prospects, and clean house and come back and win another cup.......Kinda what we tried to do, it's just that Chicago did a better job. 

Mad Respect. I'd rather see an original 6 rival like Chicago doing well over some BS franchise like Nashville or Florida dominating.

Except we already did it twice before our current try, and most of our losses came from retirement rather than trades.

#40 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

CHI won in OT tonight.  Looks like it's up to us to do it.  I want this done.  Let's Do it.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska