• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

esteef

Pavel Datsyuk dangles the entire Predators team!

Rate this topic

Nice play. It should be on ESPN web gems. Nothing is sweeter than watching an incredible individual play. Except maybe winning a game that you ought to. Maybe that's better. But good on Pavel...

Now I'm off to watch Michael Vick highlights, because watching one guy do amazing s*** while his team loses is my very favorite hobby.

Guest The Axe

Nice play. It should be on ESPN web gems. Nothing is sweeter than watching an incredible individual play. Except maybe winning a game that you ought to. Maybe that's better. But good on Pavel...

Now I'm off to watch Michael Vick highlights, because watching one guy do amazing s*** while his team loses is my very favorite hobby.

I just watched 4 seasons of Bulls basketball from 87 to 91. Its fun.

I just watched 4 seasons of Bulls basketball from 87 to 91. Its fun.

Suggestion that Michael was dominating but team was losing? They didn't win the championship every year, but they went to the playoffs every year:

87 - first round

88 - second round

89 - conference finals

90 - conference finals

91 - won championship

I didn't realize that Pavel played for the Tigers too. Top 10 plays instead maybe?

I can't help think that for everyone who says that Kenny should do everything he can to improve the team right now trade-wise, like getting a #1 d-man AND a sniper, the player he could put on the board that's going to bring back the most instant bang for the buck? It's not Franzen or Flip or a combo of the Emmertons, Eaves, Kindls, Mursaks...it is #13. Search your feelings....you know it to be true.

When he goes to Russia after his current contract is up, we're going to be hurting like you wouldn't believe. Trust that. One of the best players to ever wear the uniform. I'm talking up there with Howe, Lindsay, Delvecchio, Yzerman.....the list goes on.

Guest The Axe

When he goes to Russia after his current contract is up, we're going to be hurting like you wouldn't believe. Trust that. One of the best players to ever wear the uniform. I'm talking up there with Howe, Lindsay, Delvecchio, Yzerman.....the list goes on.

Lidstrom, Fedorov, Datsyuk, Howe, Yzerman

In that order.

Lidstrom, Fedorov, Datsyuk, Howe, Yzerman

In that order.

What?

I'm not sure what order you are using....are you saying Yzerman is #1 or Lidstrom is #1? Either way, you have Datsyuk at #3 all-time for the franchise?

Either way you look at it, I think there is a whole lot of wrong with your order.

So fun to watch. A classic. This will appear even on Datsyuk's career highlight reel.

That highlight reel will be 2 hours long and hopefully released on bluray. The man had a highlight reel last NIGHT that's better than most guys do in several seasons.

My jaw hit the floor, and I rewound the DVR a couple times to savor it. That was so good.

He's creeping up on the All-Time scoring list...he's now about 22 points out of the number six position, just behind Norm Ullman. He'll have a ways to go to hit the top 5, but if he did decide to come back (Please do, Pasha; I don't want to grovel, but I will), a couple seasons of good point output might just do it.

I didn't get to see the third period last night, but why am I not surprised. He was already having a really good game. I thought he should have had 2 goals by that point.

NHL.com has a whole section of his highlights right now as well.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hdpid=49&id=203446

I wish I had a replay of Pavel that entire game. It was a rare effort, even for him. Every time he touched the puck last night, my jaw dropped. As good as that play was, its crazy to think he made 3-5 more plays of that same caliber or better throughout the night. He had a definite "f*** this, we're winning tonight" swagger about him every shift. Unfortunately, he was stuck with two 4th liners for 20+ minutes.

Guest The Axe

What?

I'm not sure what order you are using....are you saying Yzerman is #1 or Lidstrom is #1? Either way, you have Datsyuk at #3 all-time for the franchise?

Either way you look at it, I think there is a whole lot of wrong with your order.

Lids #1. I think Dats is the 3rd most skilled player in Wings history.

Lids #1. I think Dats is the 3rd most skilled player in Wings history.

I was actually thinking about starting a thread about this, but I guess I'll just do it here. I wanted to know who people thought was better, all things considered: Datsyuk or Zetterberg?

While I'll readily admit that Datsyuk is the more skilled player, I still think Zetterberg is the better player overall. He draws the tougher defensive matchups, he hangs on to the puck better when pressured, brings more intensity night in and night out, is a noticeably better penalty killer, and consistently puts up similar or better offensive numbers. Plus, he'll actually shoot the puck without being forced to at gunpoint.

Anyone else care to chime in?

Aside from the first win over St. Louis, the good game against Chicago, and the subsequent win over Dallas, every other win we have was largely the result of huge individual efforts. Thank god we've got a couple of guys who can win a game all by themselves because if not, we'd be in real bad shape right about now.

This guy is just out of world with the puck, he almost made the whole Predatordefense look like beer league players and on top of that scored against the leagues best goalie so far this season.

It will be a sad day, seeing him leaving back home so enjoy the last 2 years of his magic, it will end in the not so distant future, sadly. I also think his English has become better.

When they show the highlight package for Datsyuk's career, I have to think that goal will be included in there...right after his patented shootout move on Turco, kicking the puck the Z for the empty netter, and any number of other blind passes, take aways or other exceptional plays you could choose from.

I really think that his offense from game-to-game this year has been better at age 34 than it ever has been. I'm not saying he'll be on a record goals/assist pace (the lockout ruined the significance of those numbers anyway), but he just seems involved in setting up and finishing more consistently than I can ever remember. The brilliant thing about him is that he doesn't do it with superhuman speed or a 100 mph slapshot. In Datsyuk and Larionov, the Wings have had two of the most cerebral tacticians the game has ever seen, which is why this generation of fans is truly spoiled, even if we don't win a Cup every 5 years.

Unless he re-signs, which I don't expect him to do in advance, 2014 really could be his last year in the NHL. I sure hope it's not, but I certainly wouldn't fault him for whatever he wants to do. Just make sure you appreciate what you're seeing, because we'll be trying to explain to our kids in 10 or 20 years how this guy who never had a 100-pt season or scored more than 32 goals in a year was maybe the most special player we ever watched.

If he keeps this up he's got to be a contender for the Lady Byng again. He truly is a special player and a special person. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if Lionel Messi is the Playstation footballer, Datsyuk is the Playstation hockey player

I have this horrible dream where he's denied entry into the HOF because he ends up with less than 1000 career points which would be a scandal.