• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

esteef

Pavel Datsyuk dangles the entire Predators team!

Rate this topic

I don't think he'll get into the HOF.

Go troll somewhere else please.

On a side note, after pavels goal, all he got was a spot on the sidecolumn of NHL's page, and nothing on the main part about the wings game. Now today because the pens and flyers are playing, there is a big picture of he who shall not be named, and they are claiming he is back to being the best in the league. Please show me something he has done better then Datsyuk or Z this year, rant over. (please don't turn this into a discussion about him, I just wanted to point out no matter what Pasha does, he still isn't ever going to be the nhl's "golden child")

EDIT: On the front page under Tuesday's best, Weber's OT winner is the first video, and datsyuk's is 2nd last... the NHL writers should be fired

Edited by Euro_Twins

I was actually thinking about starting a thread about this, but I guess I'll just do it here. I wanted to know who people thought was better, all things considered: Datsyuk or Zetterberg?

While I'll readily admit that Datsyuk is the more skilled player, I still think Zetterberg is the better player overall. He draws the tougher defensive matchups, he hangs on to the puck better when pressured, brings more intensity night in and night out, is a noticeably better penalty killer, and consistently puts up similar or better offensive numbers. Plus, he'll actually shoot the puck without being forced to at gunpoint.

Anyone else care to chime in?

Im not trying to be confrontational here but...you cannot be serious?!! "Hangs onto the puck better"...complete nonsense, seriously. I have played and followed this game for 19 years and i have never seen anyone crafty or as strong on the puck, especially considering his size, as Datsyuk. I personally think the comparison between the two is not even close. Im not going to look it up, but if im not mistaken, a Hockey News poll of players was taken recently and Crosby and Datsyuk were 1-2 in being strongest on the puck.

Better defensively...Datsyuk literally owns the Selke trophy (best defensive forward IN THE NHL) and takes the puck away from the opposition as much or more than anyone IN THE LEAGUE, let alone on the Wings. Datsyuk is arguably the best overall player in the league. Zetterberg isnt even in the conversation. Z has been impressing me this year and there is a reason he's the captain...but Datsyuk is clearly the better player.

"What a pleasure we have, night in night out, to watch that man", Ken Daniels just said (im watching the replay of last night, and the just played a montage of Datsyuk's highlights from only the first two periods).

Edited by achildr1

I don't think he'll get into the HOF.

On a side note, after pavels goal, all he got was a spot on the sidecolumn of NHL's page, and nothing on the main part about the wings game. Now today because the pens and flyers are playing, there is a big picture of he who shall not be named, and they are claiming he is back to being the best in the league. Please show me something he has done better then Datsyuk or Z this year, rant over. (please don't turn this into a discussion about him, I just wanted to point out no matter what Pasha does, he still isn't ever going to be the nhl's "golden child")

Of course I think he should get into the HOF, I'm the biggest Wings fan out there. I just don't think his numbers will impress the voters enough, he'll be viewed as a Pavel Bure highlight reel machine, but not quite HOF material.

Im not trying to be confrontational here but...you cannot be serious?!! "Hangs onto the puck better"...complete nonsense, seriously. I have played and followed this game for 19 years and i have never seen anyone crafty or as strong on the puck, especially considering his size, as Datsyuk. I personally think the comparison between the two is not even close. Im not going to look it up, but if im not mistaken, a Hockey News poll of players was taken recently and Crosby and Datsyuk were 1-2 in being strongest on the puck.

Better defensively...Datsyuk literally owns the Selke trophy (best defensive forward IN THE NHL) and takes the puck away from the opposition as much or more than anyone IN THE LEAGUE, let alone on the Wings. Datsyuk is arguably the best overall player in the league. Zetterberg isnt even in the conversation. Z has been impressing me this year and there is a reason he's the captain...but Datsyuk is clearly the better player.

"What a pleasure we have, night in night out, to watch that man", Ken Daniels just said (im watching the replay of last night, and the just played a montage of Datsyuk's highlights from only the first two periods).

Here is something to back up your argument

• 2010-2011 NHL Players Poll: Hardest to Take the Puck Off of, Cleanest Player.[13]
  • 2011-2012 NHL Players Poll: Smartest Player, Most Difficult to Play Against, Hardest to Take the Puck From, Most Difficult to Stop, Cleanest Player, Toughest Forward to Play Against.[13]

Of course I think he should get into the HOF, I'm the biggest Wings fan out there. I just don't think his numbers will impress the voters enough, he'll be viewed as a Pavel Bure highlight reel machine, but not quite HOF material.

I certainly think your wrong. Two Cups, several Selke trophys, and possibly the most consistently exciting player of this generation. The Hall makes a big case for a pro-rated career like Lindros and I think Datsyuk's case is an easier one to make. Also, players points would be judged quite differently in 10 years because scoring has went down dramatically over the last 20 years. The guys that have been inducted in recent years played in the late 80's and early 90's when guys were scoring at much higher rates as today.

<p>

Here is something to back up your argument

• 2010-2011 NHL Players Poll: Hardest to Take the Puck Off of, Cleanest Player.[13]
  • 2011-2012 NHL Players Poll: Smartest Player, Most Difficult to Play Against, Hardest to Take the Puck From, Most Difficult to Stop, Cleanest Player, Toughest Forward to Play Against.[13]
Thank you. If that doesnt end the arguement, im not sure what will.

Btw...Datsyuk took 47% of the vote in Hardest to take the Puck From

Edited by achildr1

I certainly think your wrong. Two Cups, several Selke trophys, and possibly the most consistently exciting player of this generation. The Hall makes a big case for a pro-rated career like Lindros and I think Datsyuk's case is an easier one to make. Also, players points would be judged quite differently in 10 years because scoring has went down dramatically over the last 20 years. The guys that have been inducted in recent years played in the late 80's and early 90's when guys were scoring at much higher rates as today.

Thank you. If that doesnt end the arguement, im not sure what will.

Btw...Datsyuk took 47% of the vote in Hardest to take the Puck From

video proof won't even sway the minds of some people here. Nor the fact that he has 3 selke's and 4 lady byng's and Zetterbergs only awards were conn smythe in 2008 and red wings team rookie of the year

video proof won't even sway the minds of some people here. Nor the fact. That he has 3 selke's and 4 lady byng's and Zetterbergs only awards were conn smythe in 2008 and red wings team rookie of the year

I dont think I give Z enough credit, and I think you have to watch a little closer to see how good he is. That said, I know hockey. Roy is the best goaltender ive ever seen. Lidstrom was literally a giant amont mere mortals and easily the smartest defenseman ive ever seen...but Datsyuk (as I literally just seen him deke out the whole Preds team on the replay im watching)has/is the following...

1. Easily the best stickhandeler I have ever seen. And whoever is #2 isnt even close.

2. The Strongest person on the puck I have seen with Forsberg as #2

3. The smartest/most cerebrel/most creative (in game theory) forward I have ever watched. The ghy does things so differently and thinks about the game on such a different level that other players just dont have a chance.

4. Best defensive forward ive ever seen. Datsyuk is much like Lidstrom in the fact that they both can be the best defensive players at thier positions without having to play a largely physical game. Datsyuk has the smartest defensive "stick" in the game, much as Lidstrom did from defense.

I dont think I give Z enough credit, and I think you have to watch a little closer to see how good he is. That said, I know hockey. Roy is the best goaltender ive ever seen. Lidstrom was literally a giant amont mere mortals and easily the smartest defenseman ive ever seen...but Datsyuk (as I literally just seen him deke out the whole Preds team on the replay im watching)has/is the following...

1. Easily the best stickhandeler I have ever seen. And whoever is #2 isnt even close.

2. The Strongest person on the puck I have seen with Forsberg as #2

3. The smartest/most cerebrel/most creative (in game theory) forward I have ever watched. The ghy does things so differently and thinks about the game on such a different level that other players just dont have a chance.

4. Best defensive forward ive ever seen. Datsyuk is much like Lidstrom in the fact that they both can be the best defensive players at thier positions without having to play a largely physical game. Datsyuk has the smartest defensive "stick" in the game, much as Lidstrom did from defense.

Don't get me wrong, I was defending your point. Zetterberg is a beast (especially this year) he is great with the puck, and does an awesome job holding on to it, and it is hard to get it from him when he has it, he is very smart defensively and offensively, and is one of the best players in the game, but that doesn't change that Datsyuk is on a completely different level

Don't get me wrong, I was defending your point. Zetterberg is a beast (especially this year) he is great with the puck, and does an awesome job holding on to it, and it is hard to get it from him when he has it, he is very smart defensively and offensively, and is one of the best players in the game, but that doesn't change that Datsyuk is on a completely different level

Lol...I was just expanding on my/your previous thoughts. By "you have to watch closer", i didnt mean you. I meant anyone, myself included. No gettin' it wrong here...I just didnt want people to think im a complete Zetterberg hater. Datsyuk is my favorite athlete that ive ever watched though. The Barry Sanders of the NHL. Edited by achildr1

Pekke Rinne has to be the most overrated goalie ever

Not against the wings, he always seems to have Zetterbergs number, and seems to play very hard against us all the time. I would agree he gets a lot of praise, but most of it is well earned, he works hard and makes a lot of great saves.

Not against the wings, he always seems to have Zetterbergs number, and seems to play very hard against us all the time. I would agree he gets a lot of praise, but most of it is well earned, he works hard and makes a lot of great saves.

I watched him in the playoffs a couple years ago and the kid was incredible. Certainly not the most over rated goalie. Loungo doesnt play for the Predators.

EDIT: On the front page under Tuesday's best, Weber's OT winner is the first video, and datsyuk's is 2nd last... the NHL writers should be fired

What NHL.com are you watching? Soon after the game Pav's goal was the #1 featured video, and now they have a collection of Datsyukian dekes on the front page.

This guy is just out of world with the puck, he almost made the whole Predatordefense look like beer league players and on top of that scored against the leagues best goalie so far this season.

It will be a sad day, seeing him leaving back home so enjoy the last 2 years of his magic, it will end in the not so distant future, sadly. I also think his English has become better.

Lets just hope that in the next couple years that Holland turns this team around enough to make Dats want to stay even if just a little longer.

If he keeps this up he's got to be a contender for the Lady Byng again. He truly is a special player and a special person. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if Lionel Messi is the Playstation footballer, Datsyuk is the Playstation hockey player

I have this horrible dream where he's denied entry into the HOF because he ends up with less than 1000 career points which would be a scandal.

Actually if you add up his points in the NHL and the KHL, he does have 1,000. Can't remember where I saw it but they said that if you added both he was over the thousand point threshold. I plan on groveling in front of him at camp this fall, begging him to consider at least a couple more years here. It won't be pretty, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Actually if you add up his points in the NHL and the KHL, he does have 1,000. Can't remember where I saw it but they said that if you added both he was over the thousand point threshold. I plan on groveling in front of him at camp this fall, begging him to consider at least a couple more years here. It won't be pretty, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Close but not over 1,000 yet for Pavs. 987 total including playoffs, 157 points in the RSL/KHL & 830 in the NHL.

Close but not over 1,000 yet for Pavs. 987 total including playoffs, 157 points in the RSL/KHL & 830 in the NHL.

Hmm...my bad. Oh well, no worries, he'll be there soon. He's also close to taking over the number six spot on the all-time scoring list for the Wings, bumping Norm Ullman down. He's got a ways to go to get to #5 (Fedorov) but maybe some bribery might work!

Oh, Bottle, thanks for the encouragement. I planned on doing it anyway. Tears might be involved, and that makes it even less of a pretty sight.

Great new Datsyuk video. We are so lucky, not just to get to watch this man, but to live in the youtube era so his incredible back-catalogue of highlights will never be lost, and when we tell future generations "yeah, but you never saw Dats play" we can show them stuff like this.