Photo
- - - - -

Pavel Datsyuk dangles the entire Predators team!

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

Pekke Rinne has to be the most overrated goalie ever

Pekka Rinne is One of the best goalies in this league,by no means overrated.

#42 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

This guy is just out of world with the puck, he almost made the whole Predatordefense look like beer league players and on top of that scored against the leagues best goalie so far this season.

It will be a sad day, seeing him leaving back home so enjoy the last 2 years of his magic, it will end in the not so distant future, sadly. I also think his English has become better.

Lets just hope that in the next couple years that Holland turns this team around enough to make Dats want to stay even if just a little longer.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#43 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Ok,Which one of you guys got pekka sick last night and made him miss practice :lol:

not expected to miss any games

#44 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

If he keeps this up he's got to be a contender for the Lady Byng again.  He truly is a special player and a special person.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, if Lionel Messi is the Playstation footballer, Datsyuk is the Playstation hockey player

I have this horrible dream where he's denied entry into the HOF because he ends up with less than 1000 career points which would be a scandal.

Actually if you add up his points in the NHL and the KHL, he does have 1,000.  Can't remember where I saw it but they said that if you added both he was over the thousand point threshold.  I plan on groveling in front of him at camp this fall, begging him to consider at least a couple more years here.  It won't be pretty, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Posted Image

#45 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

Actually if you add up his points in the NHL and the KHL, he does have 1,000.  Can't remember where I saw it but they said that if you added both he was over the thousand point threshold.  I plan on groveling in front of him at camp this fall, begging him to consider at least a couple more years here.  It won't be pretty, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Close but not over 1,000 yet for Pavs. 987 total including playoffs, 157 points in the RSL/KHL & 830 in the NHL.

#46 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,169 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

I plan on groveling in front of him at camp this fall, begging him to consider at least a couple more years here.  It won't be pretty, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Thanks for taking one for the team!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#47 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

Close but not over 1,000 yet for Pavs. 987 total including playoffs, 157 points in the RSL/KHL & 830 in the NHL.

Hmm...my bad.  Oh well, no worries, he'll be there soon.  He's also close to taking over the number six spot on the all-time scoring list for the Wings, bumping Norm Ullman down.  He's got a ways to go to get to #5 (Fedorov) but maybe some bribery might work!

Oh, Bottle, thanks for the encouragement.  I planned on doing it anyway.  Tears might be involved, and that makes it even less of a pretty sight.

Posted Image

#48 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

Good news is that Dats will get the Winter Classic stage next year!

#49 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Good news is that Dats will get the Winter Classic stage next year!

Here's hoping for more

Goal:  P.Datsyuk.  Assist:  T.Wind

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#50 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

Great new Datsyuk video.  We are so lucky, not just to get to watch this man, but to live in the youtube era so his incredible back-catalogue of highlights will never be lost, and when we tell future generations "yeah, but you never saw Dats play" we can show them stuff like this.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#51 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Great new Datsyuk video.  We are so lucky, not just to get to watch this man, but to live in the youtube era so his incredible back-catalogue of highlights will never be lost, and when we tell future generations "yeah, but you never saw Dats play" we can show them stuff like this.

My god that is an amazing highlight reel. Maybe the best I've ever seen in competition with Peter Forsberg's. If he would have included some more of Pavel's physical play and offensive hits and such it would have been just perfect. 

Very cool that it has both stuff as recent as the last game and way back from his rookie season. Damn he's been a beast for a long time. I really think anyone who doesn't think he's going to be a HOFer is crazy. 

Edited by dat's sick, 21 February 2013 - 05:49 PM.

#52 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

Haha....

6LvfP99.gif

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#53 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

Go vote for Pavel for play of the week.

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=656904

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#54 RedSea

RedSea

Rookie

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

Haha....

{GIF}

I uploaded that to the hockey subreddit at 1230 last night and now look where it's at. Haha, I'm glad people liked it.

#55 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

My favourite part of this play is the shoulder he throws on 33 at the start of the play.  "Fk you, 33.  Out of my way, rookie beeyotch!"

#56 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Go vote for Pavel for play of the week.

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=656904

Did we even doubt for a second that there would be some kind of Pens highlight in there. Dats all the way!

esteef

Edited by esteef, 22 February 2013 - 08:03 PM.

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#57 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

what a great player

#58 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

I don't see how anyone would think he wouldn't make the Hall.  Look at the body of his work and tell me he doesn't deserve it.

Posted Image

#59 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

My god that is an amazing highlight reel. Maybe the best I've ever seen in competition with Peter Forsberg's. If he would have included some more of Pavel's physical play and offensive hits and such it would have been just perfect. 

Very cool that it has both stuff as recent as the last game and way back from his rookie season. Damn he's been a beast for a long time. I really think anyone who doesn't think he's going to be a HOFer is crazy. 

Don't worry at the end of Datsyuk's hockey career they will probably be able to release an hour long DVD of highlights. Probably title it "The Datsyukian One: The greatest two way stick handler ever"

#60 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

I don't see how anyone would think he wouldn't make the Hall.  Look at the body of his work and tell me he doesn't deserve it.

If he retires after next year, he will not get in. 300 goals and 550 assists will be a good total, but not good enough for the HOF. Over 1000 pts and he's a lock. Over 500 goals and 750 assists and he's first ballad.