Photo
- - - - -

Pavel Datsyuk dangles the entire Predators team!

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

Great hit, better goal.

EDIT: Ha, I'm watching that compilation video and didn't realize this one was in there.

Edited by rrasco, 23 February 2013 - 05:09 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#62 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

If he retires after next year, he will not get in. 300 goals and 550 assists will be a good total, but not good enough for the HOF. Over 1000 pts and he's a lock. Over 500 goals and 750 assists and he's first ballad.

Those Selkes, Byngs and Cups would help him get in. As would his reputation as being one of the most unique players of all time. 

Definitely think he'd get in even if he leaves after next year. Point totals aren't everything. 

#63 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

As long as he returns to the NHL there's no reason to think he won't break 1000 points. He could break it in 2 more seasons.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#64 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:46 AM

If he retires after next year, he will not get in. 300 goals and 550 assists will be a good total, but not good enough for the HOF. Over 1000 pts and he's a lock. Over 500 goals and 750 assists and he's first ballad.

I don't agree with such a line of reasoning, but unfortunately thats the way it is.  The HOF favours good players who have a long career (Cicarelli) over great players who have a shorter career (Lindros).   I doubt the fact that Pav has lost over 100 games to lockouts, was a late bloomer, and never had his totals boosted by playing in the 80s and early 90s will be taken into account. 

I hope I'm wrong and that 4 Lady Byngs, 2 Selkes, 2 Stanley Cups and the most amazing skillset I've ever seen will be enough.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#65 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:28 AM

Great hit, better goal.

EDIT: Ha, I'm watching that compilation video and didn't realize this one was in there.

Danny was so solid for us. Sure would be great to have right now.

Edited by Number19, 24 February 2013 - 05:30 AM.

#66 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

That goal made #1 play of the week on NBCSN  :clap:

#67 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

I don't agree with such a line of reasoning, but unfortunately thats the way it is.  The HOF favours good players who have a long career (Cicarelli) over great players who have a shorter career (Lindros).   I doubt the fact that Pav has lost over 100 games to lockouts, was a late bloomer, and never had his totals boosted by playing in the 80s and early 90s will be taken into account. 

I hope I'm wrong and that 4 Lady Byngs, 2 Selkes, 2 Stanley Cups and the most amazing skillset I've ever seen will be enough.

He will play til he's 40 and get in. Dont worry.

#68 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,174 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

3 selkes

#69 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:39 AM

I went looking at stats last night and found out something I didn't know.  He's got a better plus-minus than Stevie Y had for his whole career.  Now I know that stat means about as much as anything I ever do or say (which ain't much), but it's still rather interesting.  He's also now about 18 points behind Norm Ullman for 6th on the all-time scoring list. 

Posted Image

#70 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

tumblr_minetjyyPy1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Houdini! :bye:

"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#71 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Now you see him, now you don't see anything for a few seconds but stars.

Posted Image