• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

If the Wings drop another game to the Jackets and extend the losing streak to 5, it's officially time to implement plan "no winnin' for McKinnon". Cause after CBJ the boys have 2 back to back sets of Preds/Cansucks then Kings/Sharts. Not exactly a walk in the park...

there it is....found it.  after tonight's loss i can't wait to see what kind of troubles our boys have with 4 teams that are much better than the Blue Jackets.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#22 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

there it is....found it.  after tonight's loss i can't wait to see what kind of troubles our boys have with 4 teams that are much better than the Blue Jackets.

Good thing is we usually play better against the 'good teams'. So those games aren't automatic losses. 

But yes, it will be tough. We have trouble getting back into games we fall behind in. But we also can't keep or build on 2 goal leads. So I'm not sure how we're going to play. 

We can't call the season over or anything this early. A couple wins and we're very much back in the playoff picture. But we have so many adjustments to make it makes my head spin. I wonder what the coaches are saying. "If only everyone played with the heart of Cleary". "Why can't Datsyuk be as awesome as Abdelkader..". "Are we all in agreement that Howard will start the rest of the games this season? Good.". "Hell that Tatar kid looked pretty good.. should we send him down or just decrease his icetime? Less icetime? Okay." . That's what I'm imagining it sounds like.

If this coaching staff is still around next season it will be interesting to see 24/7. There will probably be a lot of focus on the love-story between Babcock and Cleary (who will have just signed a 5 year deal with an NTC). Also Tom Renney running PP drills dressed as a clown. 

#23 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

Title of this thread still pertain even though we lost to Columbus?

I'd say even more so now. :sleepy:

naked is a state of mind

#24 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

This!

The roster the Wings had at the beginning of the season was a playoff caliber roster.  The problem is injuries, which the Wings have to be leading in man games lost to injury this season. 

Im not sure id even go this far. Our defense, completely healthy, is not what any playoff team should have. Looking at our team and thinking playoffs was, to me, what the Tigers went into the season like before he last couple years. "Well if all our guys have careers years/repeat their career year, we'll be just fine...we really have a chance!"...and *surprisingly* Nate Robertson threw up a 5 era, Bonderman didnt win a Cy Young, and Scott Sizemore couldnt become Polanco overnight. Thats about where the Wings are at..."well, if Kronwall is a Norris candidate, Franzen quits floating, an Filppula ever pans out to what we think. We'll be fine...we really have a chance!" And then...*surprisingly*...

#25 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

Title of this thread still pertain even though we lost to Columbus?

I'd say even more so now. :sleepy:

I got you covered dude.

The next (insert # of games remaining in the season) are really important.

#draftRyanPulockinthetop10

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.