• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Jurco will take some time to develop which was understood when he was drafted. High talent but really raw as a prospect. He struggled in the OHL his first year and turned it on in his second. He will adjust and be fine.

#22 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

Lashoff, Smith, Emmerton, Tatar, Andersson, Abby, Helm, are all players under 25, or just turned 25/26 within the last year and have been playing with us since before they were 25

Lashoff, Tatar, and Anderson only got a chance because of injuries.

#23 mackel

mackel

Bring Back Vernie

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Jurco will take some time to develop which was understood when he was drafted. High talent but really raw as a prospect. He struggled in the OHL his first year and turned it on in his second. He will adjust and be fine.

Sorry but you're completely wrong on this one... Jurco didn't play in the OHL. He played junior in the QMJHL. Secondly his production was very similar in years 1 and 2. 64GP-51PTS and 60GP-56PTS

Edited by mackel, 20 February 2013 - 05:41 PM.

#24 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Sorry but you're completely wrong on this one... Jurco didn't play in the OHL. He played junior in the QMJHL. Secondly his production was very similar in years 1 and 2. 64GP-51PTS and 60GP-56PTS

And just like Frk, he was stuck on a team on the 2nd line behind 2 other guys that got all the attention, especially from the coach, hence less points than the others.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#25 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

If the Wings miss the playoffs and get a top 10 pick, which is becoming more reality every time we get a 2 goal lead and blow it all to hell, I really want to see Ryan Pulock come here.  He's gonna be a star Dman and will highly compliment what we already have in Smith, Sproul, Ouellet, Backman, and big nasty McKee.  That right there is the real future of the Wings D along with Ericsson.  Kronwall is a big ??? these days and it's very upsetting to say.

http://www.hockeydb....0009932013.html

here's a taste of a great Dman on a terrible team.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#26 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

one guy that seems to get missed, Tvrdon. If he can stay injury free the kid will be a beast of a power forward.

what gets me is any other NHL team that has a 6'4" 200LB RH shot blueliner whos ave 1.5 pts pg in the minors

would have him up as soon as he is eligble and give him a real good look and chance to prove himself in the bigs.

how many of you reckon Sproul will get that in Detroit?

we do have a lot of good blueliners in our system but i doubt any of them will get fast tracked onto the Wings roster.

Smith should have been up a year earlier than he was, a whole season with the master before he retired would have

done wonders for him but we all know the story there.

for me next year on the roster from the prospects pool;

Tatar

Nyqvist

Jarnkrok

Pulkkinen

Sheahan

Andersson

Sproul.

UFA's to let go next year;

White

Huskins

Cleary

Miller

Mursak

Trade Out

Eaves

Emmerton

Trade out this year

Filpuula Kindl and Nestrasil for the best D we can get from it.

Edited by Andy Pred 48, 22 February 2013 - 02:48 AM.

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#27 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

one guy that seems to get missed, Tvrdon. If he can stay injury free the kid will be a beast of a power forward.

what gets me is any other NHL team that has a 6'4" 200LB RH shot blueliner whos ave 1.5 pts pg in the minors

would have him up as soon as he is eligble and give him a real good look and chance to prove himself in the bigs.

how many of you reckon Sproul will get that in Detroit?

we do have a lot of good blueliners in our system but i doubt any of them will get fast tracked onto the Wings roster.

Smith should have been up a year earlier than he was, a whole season with the master before he retired would have

done wonders for him but we all know the story there.

Sproul is not 200lbs yet. Not to split hairs. He's tall and skinny. Also, he is pure offence right now. Also, he's playing JR hockey in the OHL and is only 19.

I get your point though. But even if Sproul gets "fast tracked", in Detroit that means "only one season in the AHL". I think we can expect Sproul, Ouellet, and Janrkrok  to all play a full AHL season next year (altough Jarnkrok make just stay in the SEL until he makes the Wings roster).

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#28 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

Sorry Rick just going off the OHL web site with his weight. Even so a bit of gym work in the off season should sort that out.

I think if Calle plays in the worlds for Sweden and also puts some muscle on in the summer I feel he is ready. Lets not forget 

that he got picked over Nyqvist for Sweden last year and did a pretty decent job. He's played over 200 games in the Elitserien:

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#29 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

I'm have a sports performance comapny and simply drool when we have 17-19 year old athletes come in for off season work!!!

I really wish more of them would understand the importance of investing in their futures by investing in their bodys.

If i could do it again I would have begged my mom n dad for a trainer starting in 5th or. 6th grade.