• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#1 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

Report says he has a fractured finger and will be out at least 2 weeks...which led me to question, how many games do think this guy actually plays this season? He can't seem to go more than a game without getting injured. Personally, I say he gets in maybe 20 games if we're lucky.

Posted Image

#2 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Waste of money signing him as well as the NTC thing.

To be honest I don't care if he doesn't play the rest of the season. Opens up a spot for some of our younger kids try to prove their worth.

#3 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

brittle-peanut.jpg

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#4 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

i hated this signing from the day it happened. its not his fault he gets injured like this, but he's got bad luck and thats enough to scare me off. we also go and get cola who also has injury issues, and the rest is history.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#5 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

time to bring Nyquist back up, and put Tatar, Flip, and Nyquist on a line together!

#6 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

time to bring Nyquist back up, and put Tatar, Flip, and Nyquist on a line together!

Would not hate this line whatsoever! I just wanna see youth, skill, and speed in the top six!

#7 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

Honestly, I don't care if he ever plays another game this year and hope he gets bought out next year...

That line combo would be very interesting to watch! Then you could have Dats-Z-Brunner back together...

Dats-Z-Brun

Tart-Fil-Nys

Cleary-Helm-Bert

Tootoo-Andersson-Abby

Miller/Eaves

Not a bad healthy lineup on paper...

On topic though, I think Holland and Co. should just wash their hands to Sammy...they did it to Hatcher and they did it to Modano.  Sometimes, things just don't work out....sorry Sammy, just business...

Edited by LeftWinger, 20 February 2013 - 01:45 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#8 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

Honestly, I don't care if he ever plays another game this year and hope he gets bought out next year...

On topic though, I think Holland and Co. should just wash their hands to Sammy...they did it to Hatcher and they did it to Modano.  Sometimes, things just don't work out....sorry Sammy, just business...

I agree with this. But I just don't see it happening.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#9 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

That line combo would be very interesting to watch! Then you could have Dats-Z-Brunner back together...

Dats-Z-Brun
Tart-Fil-Nys
Cleary-Helm-Bert
Tootoo-Andersson-Abby
Miller/Eaves

Not a bad healthy lineup on paper...

I totally agree on the fact that Sammy should be bought out because its a business and he is eating a huge chunk of cap while being hurt all year.

As far as lines, if we were to not have to worry about who's waiver exempt and who isn't up front I'd go with....

Franzen- zetterberg- brunner
Fil- datsyuk- bertuzzi
Nyquist- helm- Tatar
Abby- emdog- tootoo

This is assuming we're healthy in which we will probably never be. I also may get flamed for having emdog in but you can't argue that the guy is playing solid hockey this year especially alongside tootoo. Add in abdelkader and that line will work the hell out of you.

First line has proven to be good.

Second line is a solid line and Fil has played his best hockey with pavel this year.

Third line is just wow! So much speed an skill. I feel like it could be the best third line in hockey.

Fourth line is very solid and I just think they could wear oppositions down with there forechecking ability. My god I love tootoo

#10 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,832 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Terrible signing by Holland.

Guy had injuries recently in Florida and is an old man.  Just like Colaicovo, it's hard to say his injuries are surprising.    

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#11 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

Filppula hasn't played well enough to run his own line with Tatar and Nyquist, but I'd like to see

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Brunner
Filppula-Datsyuk-Tatar

Could switch up the Griffs, but I think Brunner and Z shoot enough and Nyquist could be the playmaker of the line.

#12 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

Filppula hasn't played well enough to run his own line with Tatar and Nyquist, but I'd like to see

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Brunner
Filppula-Datsyuk-Tatar

Could switch up the Griffs, but I think Brunner and Z shoot enough and Nyquist could be the playmaker of the line.

Fil has been given bad linemates all year long, with the exception of Datsyuk bouncing between the two lines, and Frnazen. I think an injection of youth, speed, and some skill is exactly what he needs on his wing, no bert, sammy, and cleary, slowing him down

#13 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

i hated this signing from the day it happened. its not his fault he gets injured like this, but he's got bad luck and thats enough to scare me off. we also go and get cola who also has injury issues, and the rest is history.

Shhhh. If you criticize Holland, you will be ostracized.

#14 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Fil has been given bad linemates all year long, with the exception of Datsyuk bouncing between the two lines, and Frnazen. I think an injection of youth, speed, and some skill is exactly what he needs on his wing, no bert, sammy, and cleary, slowing him down

Flip is playing his way towards being traded at the deadline, re-signing in the offseason at a much reduced price, or leaving as a UFA. He's on pace for 41 points if this were an 82 game season, has all of 1 point in the past 5 games, & is being called out by his head coach for not showing up to play.

On the Sammy front, I would say more & more that he is going to be one of the Wings' two buyouts this summer based on how the youngsters from GR are playing.

#15 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Pragmatic Optimist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

of course he got injured......

i am flying in from switzerland tomorrow to watch the two weekend games at the Joe.....

if it goes on like this ill end up seeing the Griffins and Cleary on the first line

My wish: A healthy roster

#16 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

Really hated this signing. Time to let him go.

IPB Image

#17 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

Flip is playing his way towards being traded at the deadline, re-signing in the offseason at a much reduced price, or leaving as a UFA. He's on pace for 41 points if this were an 82 game season, has all of 1 point in the past 5 games, & is being called out by his head coach for not showing up to play.

On the Sammy front, I would say more & more that he is going to be one of the Wings' two buyouts this summer based on how the youngsters from GR are playing.

I doubt that, Cleary gets top 6 minutes for doing nothing, this leads me to believe that Filppula won't get traded or anything of the like. He may be in a scoring rut currently (a la Zetterberg last year) but he'll come out of it

#18 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,562 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Waste of money signing him as well as the NTC thing.

To be honest I don't care if he doesn't play the rest of the season. Opens up a spot for some of our younger kids try to prove their worth.

The NTC doesn't really matter if he's injured all the time anyway.  No one is going to trade for an injured or one-game-at-a-time player.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#19 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,060 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

I know we won't but I wish we'd amnesty Sammy in the summer. He's been injured so much I keep forgetting the bum is even on our team, probably the biggest Cleary fan out there, but Danos time is up after the year too. Get rid of the dead weight, get some youth in the lineup. Samuelssons signing was a mistake from the get go, this isn't 09 where he's playing with Fil and Hudler on the 3rd line.

#NOMOREKINDL

#20 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

I know we won't but I wish we'd amnesty Sammy in the summer. He's been injured so much I keep forgetting the bum is even on our team, probably the biggest Cleary fan out there, but Danos time is up after the year too. Get rid of the dead weight, get some youth in the lineup. Samuelssons signing was a mistake from the get go, this isn't 09 where he's playing with Fil and Hudler on the 3rd line.

Samuelsson averaged .57 PPG playing with Matthias and Wolski/Bergenheim. That's better than Latendresse, Van Riemsdyk, Derek Roy, Tyler Kennedy, Okopso, Hornqvist, Downie, Bertuzzi, Turris, Ott, Hemsky, Setoguchi, Koivu and Gagne.

That was just last year btw, Let's not even talk his .67, and .72 with Vancouver. Not to mention the fact that Samuelsson has been successful under babcock before, knows the players, and is responsible defensively.