• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
skyphoenix

Mikael Samuelsson

Rate this topic

Report says he has a fractured finger and will be out at least 2 weeks...which led me to question, how many games do think this guy actually plays this season? He can't seem to go more than a game without getting injured. Personally, I say he gets in maybe 20 games if we're lucky.

Honestly, I don't care if he ever plays another game this year and hope he gets bought out next year...

That line combo would be very interesting to watch! Then you could have Dats-Z-Brunner back together...

Dats-Z-Brun

Tart-Fil-Nys

Cleary-Helm-Bert

Tootoo-Andersson-Abby

Miller/Eaves

Not a bad healthy lineup on paper...

On topic though, I think Holland and Co. should just wash their hands to Sammy...they did it to Hatcher and they did it to Modano. Sometimes, things just don't work out....sorry Sammy, just business...

Edited by LeftWinger

Honestly, I don't care if he ever plays another game this year and hope he gets bought out next year...

On topic though, I think Holland and Co. should just wash their hands to Sammy...they did it to Hatcher and they did it to Modano. Sometimes, things just don't work out....sorry Sammy, just business...

I agree with this. But I just don't see it happening.

That line combo would be very interesting to watch! Then you could have Dats-Z-Brunner back together...

Dats-Z-Brun

Tart-Fil-Nys

Cleary-Helm-Bert

Tootoo-Andersson-Abby

Miller/Eaves

Not a bad healthy lineup on paper...

I totally agree on the fact that Sammy should be bought out because its a business and he is eating a huge chunk of cap while being hurt all year.

As far as lines, if we were to not have to worry about who's waiver exempt and who isn't up front I'd go with....

Franzen- zetterberg- brunner

Fil- datsyuk- bertuzzi

Nyquist- helm- Tatar

Abby- emdog- tootoo

This is assuming we're healthy in which we will probably never be. I also may get flamed for having emdog in but you can't argue that the guy is playing solid hockey this year especially alongside tootoo. Add in abdelkader and that line will work the hell out of you.

First line has proven to be good.

Second line is a solid line and Fil has played his best hockey with pavel this year.

Third line is just wow! So much speed an skill. I feel like it could be the best third line in hockey.

Fourth line is very solid and I just think they could wear oppositions down with there forechecking ability. My god I love tootoo

Filppula hasn't played well enough to run his own line with Tatar and Nyquist, but I'd like to see

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Brunner

Filppula-Datsyuk-Tatar

Could switch up the Griffs, but I think Brunner and Z shoot enough and Nyquist could be the playmaker of the line.

Fil has been given bad linemates all year long, with the exception of Datsyuk bouncing between the two lines, and Frnazen. I think an injection of youth, speed, and some skill is exactly what he needs on his wing, no bert, sammy, and cleary, slowing him down

Guest The Axe

i hated this signing from the day it happened. its not his fault he gets injured like this, but he's got bad luck and thats enough to scare me off. we also go and get cola who also has injury issues, and the rest is history.

Shhhh. If you criticize Holland, you will be ostracized.

Fil has been given bad linemates all year long, with the exception of Datsyuk bouncing between the two lines, and Frnazen. I think an injection of youth, speed, and some skill is exactly what he needs on his wing, no bert, sammy, and cleary, slowing him down

Flip is playing his way towards being traded at the deadline, re-signing in the offseason at a much reduced price, or leaving as a UFA. He's on pace for 41 points if this were an 82 game season, has all of 1 point in the past 5 games, & is being called out by his head coach for not showing up to play.

On the Sammy front, I would say more & more that he is going to be one of the Wings' two buyouts this summer based on how the youngsters from GR are playing.

Flip is playing his way towards being traded at the deadline, re-signing in the offseason at a much reduced price, or leaving as a UFA. He's on pace for 41 points if this were an 82 game season, has all of 1 point in the past 5 games, & is being called out by his head coach for not showing up to play.

On the Sammy front, I would say more & more that he is going to be one of the Wings' two buyouts this summer based on how the youngsters from GR are playing.

I doubt that, Cleary gets top 6 minutes for doing nothing, this leads me to believe that Filppula won't get traded or anything of the like. He may be in a scoring rut currently (a la Zetterberg last year) but he'll come out of it

Waste of money signing him as well as the NTC thing.

To be honest I don't care if he doesn't play the rest of the season. Opens up a spot for some of our younger kids try to prove their worth.

The NTC doesn't really matter if he's injured all the time anyway. No one is going to trade for an injured or one-game-at-a-time player.

I know we won't but I wish we'd amnesty Sammy in the summer. He's been injured so much I keep forgetting the bum is even on our team, probably the biggest Cleary fan out there, but Danos time is up after the year too. Get rid of the dead weight, get some youth in the lineup. Samuelssons signing was a mistake from the get go, this isn't 09 where he's playing with Fil and Hudler on the 3rd line.

I know we won't but I wish we'd amnesty Sammy in the summer. He's been injured so much I keep forgetting the bum is even on our team, probably the biggest Cleary fan out there, but Danos time is up after the year too. Get rid of the dead weight, get some youth in the lineup. Samuelssons signing was a mistake from the get go, this isn't 09 where he's playing with Fil and Hudler on the 3rd line.

Samuelsson averaged .57 PPG playing with Matthias and Wolski/Bergenheim. That's better than Latendresse, Van Riemsdyk, Derek Roy, Tyler Kennedy, Okopso, Hornqvist, Downie, Bertuzzi, Turris, Ott, Hemsky, Setoguchi, Koivu and Gagne.

That was just last year btw, Let's not even talk his .67, and .72 with Vancouver. Not to mention the fact that Samuelsson has been successful under babcock before, knows the players, and is responsible defensively.

Filppula hasn't played well enough to run his own line with Tatar and Nyquist, but I'd like to see

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Brunner

Filppula-Datsyuk-Tatar

Could switch up the Griffs, but I think Brunner and Z shoot enough and Nyquist could be the playmaker of the line.

If I was lucky enough to go to a Wings game and Babcock didn't screw around with the lines long enough to have those guys in the top 6, I would have no choice to stand up in the middle of the Joe and let everyone take a look at my pants tent that is a direct result of those lines destroying the other team.

If I was lucky enough to go to a Wings game and Babcock didn't screw around with the lines long enough to have those guys in the top 6, I would have no choice to stand up in the middle of the Joe and let everyone take a look at my pants tent that is a direct result of those lines destroying the other team.

Right there with you on that one lol. Worst thing of it all is that this isn't a fantasy top six where we have to acquire great players for scraps.

We have all these guys ready to play. We could actually have a sick top six. But babs plays cleary and abdelkader with are best player. Disgusting!!!

Guest The Axe

Right there with you on that one lol. Worst thing of it all is that this isn't a fantasy top six where we have to acquire great players for scraps.

We have all these guys ready to play. We could actually have a sick top six. But babs plays cleary and abdelkader with are best player. Disgusting!!!

Yup. I am dead serious in that I'd rather see anyone in our organization play top 6 minutes over Cleary or Samuelsson, Defensemen included. These guys are 2 years past usefulness. But Cleary scored last night, right? That was all Datsyuk. I can bury an uncontested 10 footer. He's gonna miss that one 4 times out of 5. Why not give Emdog a few shifts with the magician? Anyone.

Yup. I am dead serious in that I'd rather see anyone in our organization play top 6 minutes over Cleary or Samuelsson, Defensemen included. These guys are 2 years past usefulness. But Cleary scored last night, right? That was all Datsyuk. I can bury an uncontested 10 footer. He's gonna miss that one 4 times out of 5. Why not give Emdog a few shifts with the magician? Anyone.

I totally agree with you on cleary and Sammy. How would you feel of a top 9 of..

Mule- zetterberg- brunner

Filppula- datsyuk- bertuzzi

Nyquist- helm- Tatar

I feel like that top 9 stacks up with the rest of the contenders in the league