• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
skyphoenix

Mikael Samuelsson

Rate this topic

Guest mjtm77

Ill agree that the Samulsson sighning was bad, but he has way more value then dan cleary has to this team.

If I was lucky enough to go to a Wings game and Babcock didn't screw around with the lines long enough to have those guys in the top 6, I would have no choice to stand up in the middle of the Joe and let everyone take a look at my pants tent that is a direct result of those lines destroying the other team.

I want to print this post, frame it and put it up on my wall.

I totally agree with you on cleary and Sammy. How would you feel of a top 9 of..

Mule- zetterberg- brunner

Filppula- datsyuk- bertuzzi

Nyquist- helm- Tatar

I feel like that top 9 stacks up with the rest of the contenders in the league

That's what I'm talkin' bout! Love the top 9. You need a nasty 4th line to compliment it though. Tootoo-Abs-Eaves is a nice 4th. That 3rd line excites me. God I miss Helm and I'm reminded every time I go to my closet and the Helm t-shirt is in there....

That's what I'm talkin' bout! Love the top 9. You need a nasty 4th line to compliment it though. Tootoo-Abs-Eaves is a nice 4th. That 3rd line excites me. God I miss Helm and I'm reminded every time I go to my closet and the Helm t-shirt is in there....

Ya. I just don't get how we all see it, we all talk about, we all know it, but yet we still see guys like cleary and Abby play and anchor down are best player. It disgust me, and it has to disgust pavel.

Pavel doesn't even need a sniper he just needs a solid player like Fil to make plays with. If we don't have this top 9 when healthy I'm gonna snap! So damn frustrated with holland, and babs way of setting this team up.

Plus with this lineup we are actually saving money towards the cap.

Right wing Mikael Samuelsson (broken left index finger) is not making the trip.

“Hoping to have him back during the California trip (March 22-28) or, worst-case scenario, shortly after,'' Holland said.

Can't find his injury thread.

i hope samuelsson stays injured and never returns

Yeah why would we want a Peca, Turcotte, or Afinogenov in our line up. Samuelsson is in this company, he's a very good secondary scorer, he's good defensively, his hate here is completely unjustified and just embarrassing now.

Injuries suck, but Samuelsson would help this team tremendously, and for anyone that thinks we are better off without him know absolutely nothing about hockey, or Samuelsson slept with their family member.

/rant off not trying to single anyone out, but it just seems like everybody is against him, and I can't for the life of me rationalize it. He put up the same numbers last season playing for Florida as Latendresse, Van Riemsdyk, Derek Roy, Tyler Kennedy, Okopso, Hornqvist, Downie, Bertuzzi, Turris, Ott, Hemsky, Setoguchi, Koivu and Gagne.

But you're right, his production isn't needed.

Edited by Carman

Yeah why would we want a Peca, Turcotte, or Afinogenov in our line up. Samuelsson is in this company, he's a very good secondary scorer, he's good defensively, his hate here is completely unjustified and just embarrassing now.

Injuries suck, but Samuelsson would help this team tremendously, and for anyone that thinks we are better off without him know absolutely nothing about hockey, or Samuelsson slept with their family member.

/rant off not trying to single anyone out, but it just seems like everybody is against him, and I can't for the life of me rationalize it. He put up the same numbers last season playing for Florida as Latendresse, Van Riemsdyk, Derek Roy, Tyler Kennedy, Okopso, Hornqvist, Downie, Bertuzzi, Turris, Ott, Hemsky, Setoguchi, Koivu and Gagne.

But you're right, his production isn't needed.

Did you just compare Samuelsson to Peca? Like Mike Peca? A two-time Selke winner?

Did you just compare Samuelsson to Peca? Like Mike Peca? A two-time Selke winner?

Yeah, but mostly comparing them just on scoring. Peca was miles ahead defensively for sure and a better overall player. But offensively they are pretty equal.

Edited by Carman

Yeah, but mostly comparing them just on scoring. Peca was miles ahead defensively for sure and a better overall player. But offensively they are pretty equal.

Ha ok, just making sure

samuelsson is old and has been getting groin injuries for years now his signing was a monumental mistake .... and im seriously fed up of seeing mike babcock putting him on the point on the powerplay ALL the time

seriously enough is enough im fed up of seeing his shots from the point missing the net all the time i thought we were finally rid of him and now he returns id rather have lashoff and kindl on the 2nd ppl unit than samuelsson

samuelsson is old and has been getting groin injuries for years now his signing was a monumental mistake .... and im seriously fed up of seeing mike babcock putting him on the point on the powerplay ALL the time

seriously enough is enough im fed up of seeing his shots from the point missing the net all the time i thought we were finally rid of him and now he returns id rather have lashoff and kindl on the 2nd ppl unit than samuelsson

HE'S PLAYED 3 GAMES AND A TOTAL OF 8 MINUTES ON THE POWERPLAY

How is this criticism even happening, I understand if he's had the most powerplay time on the team or something, but he hasn't even had the opportunity to fail yet.

andddd someone just proved they haven't watched red wings hockey this season. "ALL the time?" when the hell did and has this gone down? He's played in 3 games and has 1 point (14:17, 12:28, 15:37 ice times). He has a grand total of 3 shots on goal. So out of the 26 games we've played, he's played in 3.... cranking him up to 08.6% of our games played. So how is it, a guy who has only played 8.6% of our TOTAL games magically getting special treatment by Mike Babcock? Lol...... BABCOCK STOP PLAYING SAMMY!

andddd someone just proved they haven't watched red wings hockey this season. "ALL the time?" when the hell did and has this gone down? He's played in 3 games and has 1 point (14:17, 12:28, 15:37 ice times). He has a grand total of 3 shots on goal. So out of the 26 games we've played, he's played in 3.... cranking him up to 08.6% of our games played. So how is it, a guy who has only played 8.6% of our TOTAL games magically getting special treatment by Mike Babcock? Lol...... BABCOCK STOP PLAYING SAMMY!

seriously right? I don't understand where people get their stats from, sammy was injured, and then had the unfortunate luck of breaking his finger upon his return, now when he is healthy we will see what he can do, I liked what I saw from him when he did come back lol

seriously right? I don't understand where people get their stats from, sammy was injured, and then had the unfortunate luck of breaking his finger upon his return, now when he is healthy we will see what he can do, I liked what I saw from him when he did come back lol

None the less, the secondary injury was due to Ian White's slap shot hitting his wrist/hand in practice. Yep, Sammy's the devil! :lol::lol::lol:

He has a grand total of 3 shots on goal.

you just proved my point he misses his shots from the point when hes on the powerplay lol .... and thank god hes only played 3 games or it would of been alot more ... he wasnt here for a few years but yet he returns and babcock puts him on the point on the powerplay right away and i guarantee you when he comes back he will be back on the point sucking the bag

None the less, the secondary injury was due to Ian White's slap shot hitting his wrist/hand in practice. Yep, Sammy's the devil! :lol::lol::lol:

and ian white is god lol

3:10 played vs. STL (0-6 L) 4 penalties against STL 8 PIM

2:58 played vs. CBJ (4-3 W/SO) LEAST AMOUNT OF PP TIME UNDER QUINCEY (1:03), 3 full PP, with 9 total (others got cut short 4 on 4 by our penalties)

WHO PLAYED MORE?

Cleary, Datsuk, White, Brunner, Colaiacovo, Zett, Filp, Kronner, Mule

2:29 played vs. MIN (2-3 L/SO) LEAST AMOUNT OF PP UNDER TATAR, ANDERSSON, FILP, 2 full PP ( this is when our PP needed the most help and babcock played him the most relying on his shot)

He's played soooooooooooooooooo much, amirite? Babcock needs to give other guys some time man! In all serious, he brings veteran appeal, can work the point confidently, can shoot the puck and can finish. Oh, did I forget to mention he's good defensively? You seem like you're just following the collectivism of some posters on here, and haven't actually seen this man play. What's that? People are calling him logo? People are making fun of his shot? OKAY! I'll jump board! Actually watch him, analyze him without prior bias, and i'm sure he can change your opinion.