• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
skyphoenix

Mikael Samuelsson

Rate this topic

He sucked on the PP point when he was here before. Are we to assume he's gotten better at it with age and less ice time due to injury? Maybe some here haven't watched Red Wings hockey long enough?

esteef

3 seasons with the wings: 34/40/40PTS, 17 PP goals with the Wings. 34 PTS within the playoffs. Following him to get even better with the Canucks with 50/53PT seasons, and then finally with Florida 48gp 28pts. Playoffs with both teams he produced, brought PP production. I'm not saying the man is Nick Lidstrom by any means, but to say his right shot given our current situation isn't going to help, is simply stupid. And to save you some trouble, cause i'm sure that stupid remark at the end was directed towards me, i've been watching this lovely team for over 2 decades, i'll pass on the kiddy remarks/comments.

3 seasons with the wings: 34/40/40PTS, 17 PP goals with the Wings. 34 PTS within the playoffs. Following him to get even better with the Canucks with 50/53PT seasons, and then finally with Florida 48gp 28pts. Playoffs with both teams he produced, brought PP production. I'm not saying the man is Nick Lidstrom by any means, but to say his right shot given our current situation isn't going to help, is simply stupid. And to save you some trouble, cause i'm sure that stupid remark at the end was directed towards me, i've been watching this lovely team for over 2 decades, i'll pass on the kiddy remarks/comments.

Not all those "points" are from him playing the PP point, in fact few of them probably are. But I'm sure you already knew that right? He's a right handed shot, that's it. When we were short on the backend he went to the point, when we were not, he didn't. Simple as that.

esteef

Not all those "points" are from him playing the PP point, in fact few of them probably are. But I'm sure you already knew that right? He's a right handed shot, that's it. When we were short on the backend he went to the point, when we were not, he didn't. Simple as that.

esteef

Let's see last year Samuelsson had 13 powerplay points in 54 games for .24 per game

Lidstrom had 17 points in 70 games for .24 per game.

Interesting, it looks like by all accounts that he does produce on the powerplay.

esteef

So you're going to immediately say the guy can't work the point. Obviously Brunner is a better selection on the point.... Dude stop, just stop. The guy can produce on the powerplay, he can produce even strength. All of this hate isn't warranted, it's just stupid. He is a forward playing on the point, that means he can push it forward and rotate with the winger lower, it allows him to get down, and the lower forward to rotate up. He starts at the point because of his right hand, but he certainly doesn't need to "snipe" shots from the point. He needs to get them down low and for the forwards to cause havok and clean up.

Let's see last year Samuelsson had 13 powerplay points in 54 games for .24 per game

Interesting, it looks like by all accounts that he does produce on the powerplay.

Nope, we don't like seasoned veterans with proven season point totals. Dude plays 3 games with his return to Detroit, 2 games in the beginning of a shortened season and 1 game when he comes back from the injury. We don't even know how he looks currently within our system right now.

Guest Crymson

i hope samuelsson stays injured and never returns

Yeah, because who would want a right-handed scorer who could replace the likes of Abdelkader or Cleary? Surely nobody.

Cute numbers, but do they show how many of those points came when he actually played the point? They don't. Ian White, who just came back from a 6 game benching for sucking, also played the PP point a lot, with Lidstrom in fact. Is that because he's awesome or because he was right handed? How about Hudler? Did he have a glass shattering shot and supreme defensive prowess, or was he merely right handed on a team without a lot of those? Brunner, another righty, and a virtual unknown commodity on the PP point, but he found himself there this year. I wonder why?

If Sammy was left handed he would never have played the point on the PP. Simple as that. But please, dazzle me with more useless numbers from your ass.

esteef

So you're going to immediately say the guy can't work the point. Obviously Brunner is a better selection on the point.... Dude stop, just stop. The guy can produce on the powerplay, he can produce even strength. All of this hate isn't warranted, it's just stupid. He is a forward playing on the point, that means he can push it forward and rotate with the winger lower, it allows him to get down, and the lower forward to rotate up. He starts at the point because of his right hand, but he certainly doesn't need to "snipe" shots from the point. He needs to get them down low and for the forwards to cause havok and clean up.

Huff and puff all you want, if Sammy were a lefty, he wouldn't have seen PP point time. By the way, you should say "stupid" more, it's entertaining.

esteef

Huff and puff all you want, if Sammy were a lefty, he wouldn't have seen PP point time. By the way, you should say "stupid" more, it's entertaining.

esteef

Dude, I don't care where the hell Sammy is, that's my thing. I don't know where the hell you got that I simply want him on the point. I'm sitting here arguing that the guy can contribute on the unit, regardless of positioning. Also, either i'm completely blind or you just get butthurt easy, where the hell is stupid within that quote besides once?

Edited by evilzyme

Yeah, because who would want a right-handed scorer who could replace the likes of Abdelkader or Cleary? Surely nobody.

He can't do any should I say "better" being injured and all.

Being healthy isn't a factor nahhhhh

Oh look I stubbed my toe/finger. I'm out indefinitely

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

he's 36 years old , he doesnt belong in the top 6 and neither does abdelkader or cleary but thats babcocks fault for putting them up there instead of giving the kids a fair shot for more than just 1 game

surely a line of andersson datsyuk tatar for 5-6 games would of made more sense then abdelkader/cleary or samuelsson

Guest Crymson

He can't do any should I say "better" being injured and all.

Being healthy isn't a factor nahhhhh

Oh look I stubbed my toe/finger. I'm out indefinitely

Your comment bleeds ignorance. I get the certain feeling that you've never played any contact sports.

Your comment bleeds ignorance. I get the certain feeling that you've never played any contact sports.

I moved to MN to play junior hockey. Sorry to disappoint you. lol

You?

Let me also say my coach for the Minnestoa Ice Hawks at the time made me drop the gloves more often than not.

No I never played any contact sports growing up.

Guest Crymson

I moved to MN to play junior hockey. Sorry to disappoint you. lol

You?

Let me also say my coach for the Minnestoa Ice Hawks at the time made me drop the gloves more often than not.

No I never played any contact sports growing up.

Did you perhaps ever play with a broken finger on your dominant hand?

Speaking of Mike Peca.... :blink: I remember one broadcast where Kenny was describing the play and Datsyuk stole the puck from him and Kenny said, and I quote, "Datsyuk just picked the pocket of Peca...." resulting in Mickey responding with "You were waiting all game to say that weren't you?" All while uncontrollably laughing....classic!

Anyhow, I hope Sammy is one of the buyouts next season...

Did you perhaps ever play with a broken finger on your dominant hand?

Never. I never got injured except for one of the few losses I got from a fight from this 6-9 dude who broke my nose and face and afterwards I looked like I got in a car accident.

After that I never missed a game due to injury more like a healthy scratch cause I told my coach and GM that I was sick of fighting.

No lie.

Never. I never got injured except for one of the few losses I got from a fight from this 6-9 dude who broke my nose and face and afterwards I looked like I got in a car accident.

After that I never missed a game due to injury more like a healthy scratch cause I told my coach and GM that I was sick of fighting.

No lie.

Since this thread has turned into a discussion about whether someone played or played hurt, etc... I took a skate to the eye lid when I was young and although it really didn't hurt, the blood was enough to freak the sh!t out of me! Then another time, I got high-sticked across the nose and eyebrow, still have the scars and a section of the tip of my nose is just gone...not like skeleton gone, but it is misshapen and scarred up. Ouch...

Guest Crymson

No lie.

So you've never tried to play hockey with a broken finger. Got it. So what would you know?

Well this conversation is interesting. Nevermind Mikael Samuelsson, I want to see how long it takes for you guys to start comparing high school stats. On a different note, anybody ever see "Napoleon Dynamite"? That Uncle Rico was a real character, "glory days...they'll pass you by...glory days...glory daaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyysssssss!"

he's 36 years old , he doesnt belong in the top 6 and neither does abdelkader or cleary but thats babcocks fault for putting them up there instead of giving the kids a fair shot for more than just 1 game

surely a line of andersson datsyuk tatar for 5-6 games would of made more sense then abdelkader/cleary or samuelsson

out of any argument you could have made, you choose to say he shouldn't be in the top 6 because he is 36?

Daniel Alfredsson since turning 36 has 90 goals and 248 points in 303 games

Jerome Iginla will be 36 in July, currently has 7 goals and 19 points in 24 games

Jagr had 25 goals and 71 points when he was 36

I am not saying sammy will do any of that, my point is just cause someone is 36 doesn't mean they should be put on the 4th line... If you said he is too slow, his shot isn't accurate, he doesn't skate well, those would be valid debates. Stating his age and saying he can't play in the top 6 because of it is ignorant

out of any argument you could have made, you choose to say he shouldn't be in the top 6 because he is 36?

Jerome Iginla will be 36 in July, currently has 7 goals and 19 points in 24 games

I am not saying sammy will do any of that, my point is just cause someone is 36 doesn't mean they should be put on the 4th line... If you said he is too slow, his shot isn't accurate, he doesn't skate well, those would be valid debates. Stating his age and saying he can't play in the top 6 because of it is ignorant

every player you mentioned are hall of famers ... mentioning samuelsson with iginla,alfredsson,jagr is ignorant

and since you mentioned it yes his shots arent accurate ,cant skate ... he just sucks as since hes 36 hes on the decline and injury prone as is bertuzzi ... who also isnt a hall of famer

I'll say this: Sammy is top6 capable, but in no way a desirable top6 player.

I'm actually one of the few who will defend the sammy signing, but the above statement is true. The NTC is the most upsetting thing about him. It's very hard to stand behind that signing with that

The success helps general manager Ken Holland as he approaches next week's trade deadline. He'll try to improve the team, of course, but seeing the Wings get six points already on this trip alleviates some pressure. It also looks like Mikael Samuelsson will be back Sunday, giving the Wings another big body and big shooter.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013303270108

Looks like Sammy is possible for Sunday against the Hawks.