• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
skyphoenix

Mikael Samuelsson

Rate this topic

So you've never tried to play hockey with a broken finger. Got it. So what would you know?

I broke my right thumb. After a while it was suggested I could play with the cast. I tried it in practice and it definitely didn't work. There was no strength in the arm and the stiff cast restricted movement too much. Then again, that way in the days of the more bulky casts. And yes, playing with it on did make the cast smell much worse.

Guest Crymson

I broke my right thumb. After a while it was suggested I could play with the cast. I tried it in practice and it definitely didn't work. There was no strength in the arm and the stiff cast restricted movement too much. Then again, that way in the days of the more bulky casts. And yes, playing with it on did make the cast smell much worse.

Gripping with a broken thumb is tough, but gripping with a broken finger is just not possible.

Guest Crymson

Sucks cause nyquist has been a great player for us lately. effective puckhandler and playmaker.

NOTE: It will be cool to have nyquist down with Jarnkrok and Tatar to maybe develop some friendship/chemistry...

Nyquist's time in the NHL this season has proven that Tatar is far readier than he is.

Sucks cause nyquist has been a great player for us lately. effective puckhandler and playmaker.

NOTE: It will be cool to have nyquist down with Jarnkrok and Tatar to maybe develop some friendship/chemistry...

I hate hate hate that I don't live in Grand Rapids anymore. Really wanna see Jarnkrok play

Guest Crymson

I hate hate hate that I don't live in Grand Rapids anymore. Really wanna see Jarnkrok play

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get flattened in his first NA game like Brunner did.

Nyquist's time in the NHL this season has proven that Tatar is far readier than he is.

I can agree with this. Nyquist shows that he can be a good player, but he seriously needs to get stronger on the puck. It was way too easy for defenders to give him a little push and he would fall right off of it. Tatar, while similar structure (5'10 182 compared to 5'11 185 nyquist) to nyquist just seems far harder to get off of the puck. He can drive the net harder, and I see more of a spark from him than I do Nyquist. Not that i'm looking down on Nyquist and see no hope for him, but he NEEDS to be stronger on the puck. Tatar to me, is like a Helmer to this team, he's a sparkplug. When he's playing, the team plays faster. He just ignites the engine like Helmer. I haven't seen that from Nyquist, but Nyquist's 2-way game is worlds ahead of Tatar's, in my opinion.

That could be quite fun to watch. Jarnkrok is a C too with Tatar and Nyquist at wing so it's like it was meant to be. Sammy can jump in Nyquist's spot.

Guest Crymson

The line of Tatar - Andersson - Nyquist did quite well when they were together in the NHL.

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Tatar

Pretty good top line for the Griffins....

Unless you've the belief that we should waive our captain, I'm thinking you mean Jarnkrok at center.

You have got to be the biggest pessimist on the LGW boards :P. While others get excited and throw ideas out there we always have good ol' crimson to shoot them down.

I'll interpret the tongue smiley as a sign of facetiousness.

every player you mentioned are hall of famers ... mentioning samuelsson with iginla,alfredsson,jagr is ignorant

and since you mentioned it yes his shots arent accurate ,cant skate ... he just sucks as since hes 36 hes on the decline and injury prone as is bertuzzi ... who also isnt a hall of famer

I clearly said that I wasn't saying he would do any of those things, but saying because he is 36 is not a valid argument, all I did was provide evidence to support my claim. Now if you had said he's 36, injury prone, his production is declining etc... then I would have no complaints. Should we put Datsyuk in the bottom 6 when he turns 36? Your initial comment about him being 36 so he shouldn't be in the top 6 was not substantiated, so I wanted to clarify.

Ouch...

It's gotta be tuff being 1 of the few guys on the team to take on that role.

I can only imagine how challenging that must've been for you; unless you enjoy that aspect of the game - it must get old fast.

I moved to play hockey not become a goon which was eventually what I became. Hated my junior coach for that but oh well.

Regarding Sammy coming back don't really care. Another player who probably will get injured again sooner rather than later.

Guest Crymson

I doubt he can stay healthy

So sorry, but sustaining a finger injury due to a puck to the hand does not qualify one as injury-prone.

Guest Playmaker

You have got to be the biggest pessimist on the LGW boards :P. While others get excited and throw ideas out there we always have good ol' crimson to shoot them down.

There's a difference between pessimism and reality. The chances that a highly touted Swede who weighs *cough* 175 lbs is going to get rocked in his first NA game are quite high.

Guest irishock

I'm guessing Sammy will replace Abby on Datsyuk's line, then Abby replaces Andersson as the 3rd line center

Guest Crymson

I'm guessing Sammy will replace Abby on Datsyuk's line, then Abby replaces Andersson as the 3rd line center

Abdelkader won't be playing center. Eaves will probably drop to the 4th line.

So sorry, but sustaining a finger injury due to a puck to the hand does not qualify one as injury-prone.

So sorry, but...

2/17/2013 Missed 12 games (groin).

3/30/2012 Missed 1 game (lower body injury).

1/05/2012 Missed 5 games (back injury).

12/08/2011 Missed 22 games (groin).

6/15/2011 Missed the last 13 playoff games (left leg injury).

4/17/2011 Missed 1 game (illness).

4/05/2011 Missed 6 games (lower body injury).

12/11/2010 Missed 1 game (mild concussion).

4/04/2010 Missed 8 games (upper body injury).

Sure, you could call the broken finger a fluky thing, but it's not like he's been healthy before that.

2/17/2013 Missed 12 games (groin).

3/30/2012 Missed 1 game (lower body injury).

1/05/2012 Missed 5 games (back injury).

12/08/2011 Missed 22 games (groin).

6/15/2011 Missed the last 13 playoff games (left leg injury).

4/17/2011 Missed 1 game (illness).

4/05/2011 Missed 6 games (lower body injury).

12/11/2010 Missed 1 game (mild concussion).

4/04/2010 Missed 8 games (upper body injury).

Dizzamn.

Edited by Dabura