• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#21 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Filppula hasn't played well enough to run his own line with Tatar and Nyquist, but I'd like to see

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Brunner
Filppula-Datsyuk-Tatar

Could switch up the Griffs, but I think Brunner and Z shoot enough and Nyquist could be the playmaker of the line.

If I was lucky enough to go to a Wings game and Babcock didn't screw around with the lines long enough to have those guys in the top 6, I would have no choice to stand up in the middle of the Joe and let everyone take a look at my pants tent that is a direct result of those lines destroying the other team.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#22 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

If I was lucky enough to go to a Wings game and Babcock didn't screw around with the lines long enough to have those guys in the top 6, I would have no choice to stand up in the middle of the Joe and let everyone take a look at my pants tent that is a direct result of those lines destroying the other team.

Right there with you on that one lol. Worst thing of it all is that this isn't a fantasy top six where we have to acquire great players for scraps.

We have all these guys ready to play. We could actually have a sick top six. But babs plays cleary and abdelkader with are best player. Disgusting!!!

#23 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Right there with you on that one lol. Worst thing of it all is that this isn't a fantasy top six where we have to acquire great players for scraps.

We have all these guys ready to play. We could actually have a sick top six. But babs plays cleary and abdelkader with are best player. Disgusting!!!

Yup. I am dead serious in that I'd rather see anyone in our organization play top 6 minutes over Cleary or Samuelsson, Defensemen included. These guys are 2 years past usefulness. But Cleary scored last night, right? That was all Datsyuk. I can bury an uncontested 10 footer. He's gonna miss that one 4 times out of 5. Why not give Emdog a few shifts with the magician? Anyone.

#24 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

"We like our team"

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#25 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Yup. I am dead serious in that I'd rather see anyone in our organization play top 6 minutes over Cleary or Samuelsson, Defensemen included. These guys are 2 years past usefulness. But Cleary scored last night, right? That was all Datsyuk. I can bury an uncontested 10 footer. He's gonna miss that one 4 times out of 5. Why not give Emdog a few shifts with the magician? Anyone.

I totally agree with you on cleary and Sammy. How would you feel of a top 9 of..

Mule- zetterberg- brunner
Filppula- datsyuk- bertuzzi
Nyquist- helm- Tatar

I feel like that top 9 stacks up with the rest of the contenders in the league

#26 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

The shin guard assassin should be renamed " the physically unable to perform" assassin. Although at this point, I'd take Sammy over Cleary which is sad
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#27 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

Ill agree that the Samulsson sighning was bad, but he has way more value then dan cleary has to this team.

Posted Image

#28 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

I want to print this post, frame it and put it up on my wall. 

#29 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Sammy is averaging 3 million a point

#30 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

I want to print this post, frame it and put it up on my wall. 

Lol. Always happy to entertain.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#31 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

I totally agree with you on cleary and Sammy. How would you feel of a top 9 of..

Mule- zetterberg- brunner
Filppula- datsyuk- bertuzzi
Nyquist- helm- Tatar

I feel like that top 9 stacks up with the rest of the contenders in the league

That's what I'm talkin' bout!  Love the top 9.  You need a nasty 4th line to compliment it though.  Tootoo-Abs-Eaves is a nice 4th.  That 3rd line excites me.  God I miss Helm and I'm reminded every time I go to my closet and the Helm t-shirt is in there....

#32 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Anyone else remember the upheval here when holland brought back JASON WILLIAMS?  You'd think he'd have learned then...

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#33 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

Anyone else remember the upheval here when holland brought back JASON WILLIAMS?  You'd think he'd have learned then...

Jason Williams is a roll of Charmin extra.

#34 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

jason williams was a stud

#35 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

That's what I'm talkin' bout!  Love the top 9.  You need a nasty 4th line to compliment it though.  Tootoo-Abs-Eaves is a nice 4th.  That 3rd line excites me.  God I miss Helm and I'm reminded every time I go to my closet and the Helm t-shirt is in there....

Ya. I just don't get how we all see it, we all talk about, we all know it, but yet we still see guys like cleary and Abby play and anchor down are best player. It disgust me, and it has to disgust pavel.

Pavel doesn't even need a sniper he just needs a solid player like Fil to make plays with. If we don't have this top 9 when healthy I'm gonna snap! So damn frustrated with holland, and babs way of setting this team up.

Plus with this lineup we are actually saving money towards the cap.

#36 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

Right wing Mikael Samuelsson (broken left index finger) is not making the trip.

“Hoping to have him back during the California trip (March 22-28) or, worst-case scenario, shortly after,'' Holland said.

Can't find his injury thread.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#37 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

i hope samuelsson stays injured and never returns

#38 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

i hope samuelsson stays injured and never returns

Yeah why would we want a Peca, Turcotte, or Afinogenov in our line up. Samuelsson is in this company, he's a very good secondary scorer, he's good defensively, his hate here is completely unjustified and just embarrassing now.

Injuries suck, but Samuelsson would help this team tremendously, and for anyone that thinks we are better off without him know absolutely nothing about hockey, or Samuelsson slept with their family member.

/rant off not trying to single anyone out, but it just seems like everybody is against him, and I can't for the life of me rationalize it. He put up the same numbers last season playing for Florida as Latendresse, Van Riemsdyk, Derek Roy, Tyler Kennedy, Okopso, Hornqvist, Downie, Bertuzzi, Turris, Ott, Hemsky, Setoguchi, Koivu and Gagne.

But you're right, his production isn't needed.

Edited by Carman, 12 March 2013 - 02:16 PM.

#39 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

Yeah why would we want a Peca, Turcotte, or Afinogenov in our line up. Samuelsson is in this company, he's a very good secondary scorer, he's good defensively, his hate here is completely unjustified and just embarrassing now.

Injuries suck, but Samuelsson would help this team tremendously, and for anyone that thinks we are better off without him know absolutely nothing about hockey, or Samuelsson slept with their family member.

/rant off not trying to single anyone out, but it just seems like everybody is against him, and I can't for the life of me rationalize it. He put up the same numbers last season playing for Florida as Latendresse, Van Riemsdyk, Derek Roy, Tyler Kennedy, Okopso, Hornqvist, Downie, Bertuzzi, Turris, Ott, Hemsky, Setoguchi, Koivu and Gagne.

But you're right, his production isn't needed.

Did you just compare Samuelsson to Peca?  Like Mike Peca?  A two-time Selke winner?

#40 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

Did you just compare Samuelsson to Peca?  Like Mike Peca?  A two-time Selke winner?

Yeah, but mostly comparing them just on scoring. Peca was miles ahead defensively for sure and a better overall player. But offensively they are pretty equal.

Edited by Carman, 12 March 2013 - 02:32 PM.