• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#41 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Yeah, but mostly comparing them just on scoring. Peca was miles ahead defensively for sure and a better overall player. But offensively they are pretty equal.

Yeah, but mostly comparing them just on scoring. Peca was miles ahead defensively for sure and a better overall player. But offensively they are pretty equal.

Ha ok, just making sure

#42 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

samuelsson is old and has been getting groin injuries for years now his signing was a monumental mistake .... and im seriously fed up of seeing mike babcock putting him on the point on the powerplay ALL the time

seriously enough is enough  im fed up of seeing his shots from the point missing the net all the time i thought we were finally rid of him and now he returns  id rather have lashoff and kindl on the 2nd  ppl unit than samuelsson

#43 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

samuelsson is old and has been getting groin injuries for years now his signing was a monumental mistake .... and im seriously fed up of seeing mike babcock putting him on the point on the powerplay ALL the time

seriously enough is enough  im fed up of seeing his shots from the point missing the net all the time i thought we were finally rid of him and now he returns  id rather have lashoff and kindl on the 2nd  ppl unit than samuelsson

HE'S PLAYED 3 GAMES AND A TOTAL OF 8 MINUTES ON THE POWERPLAY

How is this criticism even happening, I understand if he's had the most powerplay time on the team or something, but he hasn't even had the opportunity to fail yet.

#44 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

andddd someone just proved they haven't watched red wings hockey this season. "ALL the time?" when the hell did and has this gone down? He's played in 3 games  and has 1 point (14:17, 12:28, 15:37 ice times). He has a grand total of 3 shots on goal. So out of the 26 games we've played, he's played in 3.... cranking him up to 08.6% of our games played. So how is it, a guy who has only played 8.6% of our TOTAL games magically getting special treatment by Mike Babcock? Lol...... BABCOCK STOP PLAYING SAMMY!

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#45 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

andddd someone just proved they haven't watched red wings hockey this season. "ALL the time?" when the hell did and has this gone down? He's played in 3 games  and has 1 point (14:17, 12:28, 15:37 ice times). He has a grand total of 3 shots on goal. So out of the 26 games we've played, he's played in 3.... cranking him up to 08.6% of our games played. So how is it, a guy who has only played 8.6% of our TOTAL games magically getting special treatment by Mike Babcock? Lol...... BABCOCK STOP PLAYING SAMMY!

seriously right? I don't understand where people get their stats from, sammy was injured, and then had the unfortunate luck of breaking his finger upon his return, now when he is healthy we will see what he can do, I liked what I saw from him when he did come back lol

I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#46 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

seriously right? I don't understand where people get their stats from, sammy was injured, and then had the unfortunate luck of breaking his finger upon his return, now when he is healthy we will see what he can do, I liked what I saw from him when he did come back lol

None the less, the secondary injury was due to Ian White's slap shot hitting his wrist/hand in practice. Yep, Sammy's the devil!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#47 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

He has a grand total of 3 shots on goal.

you just proved my point he misses his shots from the point when hes on the powerplay lol .... and thank god hes only played 3 games or it would of been alot more ... he wasnt here for a few years but yet he returns and babcock puts him on the point on the powerplay right away and i guarantee you when he comes back he will be back on the point sucking the bag

None the less, the secondary injury was due to Ian White's slap shot hitting his wrist/hand in practice. Yep, Sammy's the devil!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

and ian white is god lol

#48 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

3:10 played vs. STL (0-6 L) 4 penalties against STL 8 PIM

2:58 played vs. CBJ (4-3 W/SO) LEAST AMOUNT OF PP TIME UNDER QUINCEY (1:03), 3 full PP, with 9 total (others got cut short 4 on 4 by our penalties)

WHO PLAYED MORE?

Cleary, Datsuk, White, Brunner, Colaiacovo, Zett, Filp, Kronner, Mule

2:29 played vs. MIN (2-3 L/SO) LEAST AMOUNT OF PP UNDER TATAR, ANDERSSON, FILP, 2 full PP ( this is when our PP needed the most help and babcock played him the most relying on his shot)

He's played soooooooooooooooooo much, amirite? Babcock needs to give other guys some time man! In all serious, he brings veteran appeal, can work the point confidently, can shoot the puck and can finish. Oh, did I forget to mention he's good defensively? You seem like you're just following the collectivism of some posters on here, and haven't actually seen this man play. What's that? People are calling him logo? People are making fun of his shot? OKAY! I'll jump board! Actually watch him, analyze him without prior bias, and i'm sure he can change your opinion. 

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#49 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

He sucked on the PP point when he was here before.  Are we to assume he's gotten better at it with age and less ice time due to injury?  Maybe some here haven't watched Red Wings hockey long enough?

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#50 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

sammy needa drink more milk and stretch more

#51 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

He sucked on the PP point when he was here before.  Are we to assume he's gotten better at it with age and less ice time due to injury?  Maybe some here haven't watched Red Wings hockey long enough?

esteef

3 seasons with the wings: 34/40/40PTS, 17 PP goals with the Wings. 34 PTS within the playoffs. Following him to get even better with the Canucks with 50/53PT seasons, and then finally with Florida 48gp 28pts. Playoffs with both teams he produced, brought PP production. I'm not saying the man is Nick Lidstrom by any means, but to say his right shot given our current situation isn't going to help, is simply stupid. And to save you some trouble, cause i'm sure that stupid remark at the end was directed towards me, i've been watching this lovely team for over 2 decades, i'll pass on the kiddy remarks/comments.

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#52 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

3 seasons with the wings: 34/40/40PTS, 17 PP goals with the Wings. 34 PTS within the playoffs. Following him to get even better with the Canucks with 50/53PT seasons, and then finally with Florida 48gp 28pts. Playoffs with both teams he produced, brought PP production. I'm not saying the man is Nick Lidstrom by any means, but to say his right shot given our current situation isn't going to help, is simply stupid. And to save you some trouble, cause i'm sure that stupid remark at the end was directed towards me, i've been watching this lovely team for over 2 decades, i'll pass on the kiddy remarks/comments.

Not all those "points" are from him playing the PP point, in fact few of them probably are.  But I'm sure you already knew that right?  He's a right handed shot, that's it.  When we were short on the backend he went to the point, when we were not, he didn't.  Simple as that.

esteef

#53 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Not all those "points" are from him playing the PP point, in fact few of them probably are.  But I'm sure you already knew that right?  He's a right handed shot, that's it.  When we were short on the backend he went to the point, when we were not, he didn't.  Simple as that.

esteef

Let's see last year Samuelsson had 13 powerplay points in 54 games for .24 per game

Lidstrom had 17 points in 70 games for .24 per game.

Interesting, it looks like by all accounts that he does produce on the powerplay.

#54 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

esteef

So you're going to immediately say the guy can't work the point. Obviously Brunner is a better selection on the point.... Dude stop, just stop. The guy can produce on the powerplay, he can produce even strength. All of this hate isn't warranted, it's just stupid. He is a forward playing on the point, that means he can push it forward and rotate with the winger lower, it allows him to get down, and the lower forward to rotate up. He starts at the point because of his right hand, but he certainly doesn't need to "snipe" shots from the point. He needs to get them down low and for the forwards to cause havok and clean up. 

Let's see last year Samuelsson had 13 powerplay points in 54 games for .24 per game

Interesting, it looks like by all accounts that he does produce on the powerplay.

Nope, we don't like seasoned veterans with proven season point totals. Dude plays 3 games with his return to Detroit, 2 games in the beginning of a shortened season and 1 game when he comes back from the injury. We don't even know how he looks currently within our system right now.

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#55 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

i hope samuelsson stays injured and never returns

Yeah, because who would want a right-handed scorer who could replace the likes of Abdelkader or Cleary? Surely nobody.

#56 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Cute numbers, but do they show how many of those points came when he actually played the point?  They don't.  Ian White, who just came back from a 6 game benching for sucking, also played the PP point a lot, with Lidstrom in fact.  Is that because he's awesome or because he was right handed?  How about Hudler?  Did he have a glass shattering shot and supreme defensive prowess, or was he merely right handed on a team without a lot of those?  Brunner, another righty, and a virtual unknown commodity on the PP point, but he found himself there this year.  I wonder why?

If Sammy was left handed he would never have played the point on the PP.  Simple as that.  But please, dazzle me with more useless numbers from your ass.

esteef

So you're going to immediately say the guy can't work the point. Obviously Brunner is a better selection on the point.... Dude stop, just stop. The guy can produce on the powerplay, he can produce even strength. All of this hate isn't warranted, it's just stupid. He is a forward playing on the point, that means he can push it forward and rotate with the winger lower, it allows him to get down, and the lower forward to rotate up. He starts at the point because of his right hand, but he certainly doesn't need to "snipe" shots from the point. He needs to get them down low and for the forwards to cause havok and clean up. 

Huff and puff all you want, if Sammy were a lefty, he wouldn't have seen PP point time.  By the way, you should say "stupid" more, it's entertaining.

esteef

#57 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

Huff and puff all you want, if Sammy were a lefty, he wouldn't have seen PP point time.  By the way, you should say "stupid" more, it's entertaining.

esteef

Dude, I don't care where the hell Sammy is, that's my thing. I don't know where the hell you got that I simply want him on the point. I'm sitting here arguing that the guy can contribute on the unit, regardless of positioning. Also, either i'm completely blind or you just get butthurt easy, where the hell is stupid within that quote besides once?

Edited by evilzyme, 12 March 2013 - 08:16 PM.

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#58 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Yeah, because who would want a right-handed scorer who could replace the likes of Abdelkader or Cleary? Surely nobody.

He can't do any should I say "better" being injured and all.

Being healthy isn't a factor nahhhhh

Oh look I stubbed my toe/finger. I'm out indefinitely

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 12 March 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#59 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

he's 36 years old , he doesnt belong in the top 6 and neither does abdelkader or cleary but thats babcocks fault  for putting them up there instead of giving the kids a fair shot for more than just 1 game

surely a line of andersson datsyuk tatar for 5-6 games would of made more sense then abdelkader/cleary or samuelsson

#60 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

He can't do any should I say "better" being injured and all.

Being healthy isn't a factor nahhhhh

Oh look I stubbed my toe/finger. I'm out indefinitely

Your comment bleeds ignorance. I get the certain feeling that you've never played any contact sports.