• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#61 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

Your comment bleeds ignorance. I get the certain feeling that you've never played any contact sports.

I moved to MN to play junior hockey. Sorry to disappoint you. lol

You?

Let me also say my coach for the Minnestoa Ice Hawks at the time made me drop the gloves more often than not.

No I never played any contact sports growing up.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 12 March 2013 - 09:03 PM.

#62 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

I moved to MN to play junior hockey. Sorry to disappoint you. lol

You?

Let me also say my coach for the Minnestoa Ice Hawks at the time made me drop the gloves more often than not.

No I never played any contact sports growing up.

Did you perhaps ever play with a broken finger on your dominant hand?

#63 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,257 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

Speaking of Mike Peca.... :blink: I remember one broadcast where Kenny was describing the play and Datsyuk stole the puck from him and Kenny said, and I quote, "Datsyuk just picked the pocket of Peca...."  resulting in Mickey responding with "You were waiting all game to say that weren't you?" All while uncontrollably laughing....classic!

Anyhow, I hope Sammy is one of the buyouts next season...

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 0.50 PPG

#64 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

Did you perhaps ever play with a broken finger on your dominant hand?

Never. I never got injured except for one of the few losses I got from a fight from this 6-9 dude who broke my nose and face and afterwards I looked like I got in a car accident.

After that I never missed a game due to injury more like a healthy scratch cause I told my coach and GM that I was sick of fighting.

No lie.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 12 March 2013 - 09:24 PM.

#65 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,257 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

Never. I never got injured except for one of the few losses I got from a fight from this 6-9 dude who broke my nose and face and afterwards I looked like I got in a car accident.

After that I never missed a game due to injury more like a healthy scratch cause I told my coach and GM that I was sick of fighting.

No lie.

Since this thread has turned into a discussion about whether someone played or played hurt, etc... I took a skate to the eye lid when I was young and although it really didn't hurt, the blood was enough to freak the s*** out of me!  Then another time, I got high-sticked across the nose and eyebrow, still have the scars and a section of the tip of my nose is just gone...not like skeleton gone, but it is misshapen and scarred up. Ouch...

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 0.50 PPG

#66 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

No lie.

So you've never tried to play hockey with a broken finger. Got it. So what would you know?

#67 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Well this conversation is interesting.  Nevermind Mikael Samuelsson, I want to see how long it takes for you guys to start comparing high school stats.  On a different note, anybody ever see "Napoleon Dynamite"?  That Uncle Rico was a real character, "glory days...they'll pass you by...glory days...glory daaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyysssssss!"

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#68 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

he's 36 years old , he doesnt belong in the top 6 and neither does abdelkader or cleary but thats babcocks fault  for putting them up there instead of giving the kids a fair shot for more than just 1 game

surely a line of andersson datsyuk tatar for 5-6 games would of made more sense then abdelkader/cleary or samuelsson

out of any argument you could have made, you choose to say he shouldn't be in the top 6 because he is 36?

Daniel Alfredsson since turning 36 has 90 goals and 248 points in 303 games

Jerome Iginla will be 36 in July, currently has 7 goals and 19 points in 24 games

Jagr had 25 goals and 71 points when he was 36

I am not saying sammy will do any of that, my point is just cause someone is 36 doesn't mean they should be put on the 4th line... If you said he is too slow, his shot isn't accurate, he doesn't skate well, those would be valid debates. Stating his age and saying he can't play in the top 6 because of it is ignorant

1619431_10152076754861235_68631640462286

#69 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

out of any argument you could have made, you choose to say he shouldn't be in the top 6 because he is 36?

Jerome Iginla will be 36 in July, currently has 7 goals and 19 points in 24 games

I am not saying sammy will do any of that, my point is just cause someone is 36 doesn't mean they should be put on the 4th line... If you said he is too slow, his shot isn't accurate, he doesn't skate well, those would be valid debates. Stating his age and saying he can't play in the top 6 because of it is ignorant

every player you mentioned are hall of famers ... mentioning samuelsson with iginla,alfredsson,jagr is ignorant

and since you mentioned it yes his shots arent accurate ,cant skate  ... he just sucks as since hes 36 hes on the decline and injury prone as is bertuzzi ... who also isnt a hall of famer

#70 number9

number9

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

I'll say this: Sammy is top6 capable, but in no way a desirable top6 player.

I'm actually one of the few who will defend the sammy signing, but the above statement is true. The NTC is the most upsetting thing about him. It's very hard to stand behind that signing with that

#71 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:32 AM

Yeah, because who would want a right-handed scorer who could replace the likes of Abdelkader or Cleary? Surely nobody.

It's a sad day when we hail the second coming of Sammie as our savior over Abs and Cleary.  But that's where we are....

Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#72 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

It's a sad day when we hail the second coming of Sammie as our savior over Abs and Cleary.  But that's where we are....

And many tears we're shed.....

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#73 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

The success helps general manager Ken Holland as he approaches next week's trade deadline. He'll try to improve the team, of course, but seeing the Wings get six points already on this trip alleviates some pressure. It also looks like Mikael Samuelsson will be back Sunday, giving the Wings another big body and big shooter.

http://www.freep.com...D=2013303270108

Looks like Sammy is possible for Sunday against the Hawks.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#74 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

http://www.freep.com...D=2013303270108

Looks like Sammy is possible for Sunday against the Hawks.

Noooooooooooooo! I wish we never brought him back. Ugh.

Posted Image

#75 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

No lie.

Ouch...

It's gotta be tuff being 1 of the few guys on the team to take on that role.

I can only imagine how challenging that must've been for you; unless you enjoy that aspect of the game - it must get old fast.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#76 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

nyquist odd man out?

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#77 arag

arag

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 641 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

Samuelsson will score 2 goals in his first game back.

#78 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

So you've never tried to play hockey with a broken finger. Got it. So what would you know?

I broke my right thumb. After a while it was suggested I could play with the cast. I tried it in practice and it definitely didn't work. There was no strength in the arm and the stiff cast restricted movement too much. Then again, that way in the days of the more bulky casts. And yes, playing with it on did make the cast smell much worse.

#79 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

I broke my right thumb. After a while it was suggested I could play with the cast. I tried it in practice and it definitely didn't work. There was no strength in the arm and the stiff cast restricted movement too much. Then again, that way in the days of the more bulky casts. And yes, playing with it on did make the cast smell much worse.

Gripping with a broken thumb is tough, but gripping with a broken finger is just not possible.

#80 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

Sucks cause nyquist has been a great player for us lately. effective puckhandler and playmaker. 

NOTE: It will be cool to have nyquist down with Jarnkrok and Tatar to maybe develop some friendship/chemistry...