• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#81 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

Sucks cause nyquist has been a great player for us lately. effective puckhandler and playmaker. 

NOTE: It will be cool to have nyquist down with Jarnkrok and Tatar to maybe develop some friendship/chemistry...

Nyquist's time in the NHL this season has proven that Tatar is far readier than he is.

#82 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

Sucks cause nyquist has been a great player for us lately. effective puckhandler and playmaker. 

NOTE: It will be cool to have nyquist down with Jarnkrok and Tatar to maybe develop some friendship/chemistry...

I hate hate hate that I don't live in Grand Rapids anymore. Really wanna see Jarnkrok play

#83 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

I hate hate hate that I don't live in Grand Rapids anymore. Really wanna see Jarnkrok play

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get flattened in his first NA game like Brunner did.

#84 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Nyquist's time in the NHL this season has proven that Tatar is far readier than he is.

I can agree with this. Nyquist shows that he can be a good player, but he seriously needs to get stronger on the puck. It was way too easy for defenders to give him a little push and he would fall right off of it. Tatar, while similar structure (5'10 182 compared to 5'11 185 nyquist) to nyquist just seems far harder to get off of the puck. He can drive the net harder, and I see more of a spark from him than I do Nyquist. Not that i'm looking down on Nyquist and see no hope for him, but he NEEDS to be stronger on the puck. Tatar to me, is like a Helmer to this team, he's a sparkplug. When he's playing, the team plays faster. He just ignites the engine like Helmer. I haven't seen that from Nyquist, but Nyquist's 2-way game is worlds ahead of Tatar's, in my opinion. 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#85 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,241 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

I want to give Samuelsson a chance, but I just don't care he's coming back. Maybe he can stay healthy and come up clutch in the playoffs again.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#86 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

That could be quite fun to watch.  Jarnkrok is a C too with Tatar and Nyquist at wing so it's like it was meant to be.  Sammy can jump in Nyquist's spot. 

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#87 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get flattened in his first NA game like Brunner did.

You have got to be the biggest pessimist on the LGW boards :P. While others get excited and throw ideas out there we always have good ol' crimson to shoot them down. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#88 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Tatar

Pretty good top line for the Griffins....

#89 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

The line of Tatar - Andersson - Nyquist did quite well when they were together in the NHL.

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Tatar

Pretty good top line for the Griffins....

Unless you've the belief that we should waive our captain, I'm thinking you mean Jarnkrok at center.

You have got to be the biggest pessimist on the LGW boards :P. While others get excited and throw ideas out there we always have good ol' crimson to shoot them down. 

I'll interpret the tongue smiley as a sign of facetiousness.

#90 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,057 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

Crymson, lighten up.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#91 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

Crymson, lighten up.

Yo momma.

#92 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

I want to give Samuelsson a chance, but I just don't care he's coming back. Maybe he can stay healthy and come up clutch in the playoffs again.

I doubt he can stay healthy

IPB Image

#93 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

If he does, the shins of Detroit opponents certainly won't stay healthy.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#94 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

every player you mentioned are hall of famers ... mentioning samuelsson with iginla,alfredsson,jagr is ignorant

and since you mentioned it yes his shots arent accurate ,cant skate  ... he just sucks as since hes 36 hes on the decline and injury prone as is bertuzzi ... who also isnt a hall of famer

I clearly said that I wasn't saying he would do any of those things, but saying because he is 36 is not a valid argument, all I did was provide evidence to support my claim. Now if you had said he's 36, injury prone, his production is declining etc... then I would have no complaints. Should we put Datsyuk in the bottom 6 when he turns 36? Your initial comment about him being 36 so he shouldn't be in the top 6 was not substantiated, so I wanted to clarify.

#95 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

Ouch...

It's gotta be tuff being 1 of the few guys on the team to take on that role.

I can only imagine how challenging that must've been for you; unless you enjoy that aspect of the game - it must get old fast.

I moved to play hockey not become a goon which was eventually what I became. Hated my junior coach for that but oh well.

Regarding Sammy coming back don't really care. Another player who probably will get injured again sooner rather than later.

#96 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

So sorry, but sustaining a finger injury due to a puck to the hand does not qualify one as injury-prone.

#97 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

There's a difference between pessimism and reality.  The chances that a highly touted Swede who weighs *cough* 175 lbs  is going to get rocked in his first NA game are quite high.

#98 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

I'm guessing Sammy will replace Abby on Datsyuk's line, then Abby replaces Andersson as the 3rd line center

bringit.jpg

#99 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

I'm guessing Sammy will replace Abby on Datsyuk's line, then Abby replaces Andersson as the 3rd line center

Abdelkader won't be playing center. Eaves will probably drop to the 4th line.

#100 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

So sorry, but sustaining a finger injury due to a puck to the hand does not qualify one as injury-prone.

So sorry, but...

2/17/2013  Missed 12 games (groin).
3/30/2012  Missed 1 game (lower body injury).
1/05/2012  Missed 5 games (back injury).
12/08/2011  Missed 22 games (groin).
6/15/2011  Missed the last 13 playoff games (left leg injury).
4/17/2011  Missed 1 game (illness).
4/05/2011  Missed 6 games (lower body injury).
12/11/2010  Missed 1 game (mild concussion).
4/04/2010  Missed 8 games (upper body injury).

Sure, you could call the broken finger a fluky thing, but it's not like he's been healthy before that.