• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Din758

Cody McCormick waived by Sabres

Rate this topic

Numerous reports are that Sabres have cut him after trying to trade him the last few days. Many people are stunned.

I dont know a ton of him, but looking at his stats looks big and tough and still chip in 20pts.

Would he be a good fit here if we were able to move others?

ya just noticed the 1-20 goal season, he got 20 in the ahl the year prior and i didnt notice that was what that was from.

lets try this then, would he be an upgrade over emmerton? would it be a waste to have him playing over one of our younger guys?

Mccormick can play wing and hes the exact type of heavyweight fighter that you should look for in todays NHL. Most sabres fans are shocked he was waived because he can play ~8 mins a night, chip in 15 points a year, fight anyone and throw hits. I would love Detroit to claim him as their 13th forward but with the number of guys they have down in the bottom 6 I really doubt it.

Emmertons starting to get really good on the PK so he wouldnt knock him out of the line up but he would be baetter 13th forward at this point then a few guys down there

Maybe at the risk of losing Mursak and sending Andersson back to GR...but I think Andersson is starting to find his way now and besides, I really don't think Babs would play him too often...IMO

Fixed.

Guest Johnz96

Mccormick can play wing and hes the exact type of heavyweight fighter that you should look for in todays NHL. Most sabres fans are shocked he was waived because he can play ~8 mins a night, chip in 15 points a year, fight anyone and throw hits. I would love Detroit to claim him as their 13th forward but with the number of guys they have down in the bottom 6 I really doubt it.

Emmertons starting to get really good on the PK so he wouldnt knock him out of the line up but he would be baetter 13th forward at this point then a few guys down there

I would only want a guy who is primarily a heavyweight fighter to be able to win most of his fights against other heavyweight fighters.

He didn't appear to be much og a challenge for Lucic here. I love how Lucic picks him up after knocking him down the first time "this ain't over yet"

I would only want a guy who is primarily a heavyweight fighter to be able to win most of his fights against other heavyweight fighters.

He didn't appear to be much og a challenge for Lucic here. I love how Lucic picks him up after knocking him down the first time "this ain't over yet"

He's not a heavyweight fighter. Neither is Lucic.

Fixed.

Honestly man, I don't even include Mursak in any of the future plans. I think if he re-signs a contract he will spend most his time in GR. It is best to incorporate him in a deal or sign him in the off season and trade him. I just hope he doesn't go for arbitration then we are stuck with him for a least a year. At this point, he would be just taking up a roster spot that would be filled by a better player from GR....

Guest Johnz96

Lucic isn't???

He is 6'4" 220lbs

He is easily one of the top 10 fighters in the league

Lucic isn't???

He is 6'4" 220lbs

He is easily one of the top 10 fighters in the league

Are you Jack Edwards by any chance?

A heavyweight enforcer isn't necessarily someone who is actually "heavy". Tie Domi and Joey Kocur just to name a few. A "heavy" in hockey is someone who fights other top enforcers all the time. He doesn't, which is why he's labeled a spotpicker by about 75% of the posters on hockeyfights or dropyourgloves.

He has some wins against top heavies, but he's had some losses as well. The problem is he doesn't fight great enforcers that often. Unfortunately, the pure enforcer doesn't play that often in the NHL anymore, either. Mostly in the AHL. In any case, he's not a top 10 fighter.

BTW, posting the video of him hiding behind the ref in the Orr fight doesn't help your cause.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest Johnz96

Are you Jack Edwards by any chance?

A heavyweight enforcer isn't necessarily someone who is actually "heavy". Tie Domi and Joey Kocur just to name a few. A "heavy" in hockey is someone who fights other top enforcers all the time. He doesn't, which is why he's labeled a spotpicker by about 75% of the posters on hockeyfights or dropyourgloves.

He has some wins against top heavies, but he's had some losses as well. The problem is he doesn't fight great enforcers that often. Unfortunately, the pure enforcer doesn't play that often in the NHL anymore, either. Mostly in the AHL. In any case, he's not a top 10 fighter.

BTW, posting the video of him hiding behind the ref in the Orr fight doesn't help your cause.

Other than the Orr fight, show me another he has lost and he went Orr good until he backed off at the end. Lucic plays on Boston's top 2 lines so he is not often on the ice when goons are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTDO1DvxlvQ

Who is Jack Edwards?

Who are the top 10 fighters then?

Edited by Johnz96

I'd love the Sabres waiving John Scott this guy should be an inmediate pickup for us. Strong as a bull and easily a top 5 enforcer in the league. So whenever the Preds decide to dress Rives or McGrattan we would have someone to answer.

Lucic is a spotpicker, I have never seen him fighting guys like Scott, MacIntyre, McGrattan or Orr after Orr broke his nose. He hasn't even fought Engelland who is way smaller both in size and weightclass.

That said pick him up and build a gritty, no nonsense line for the first time since years.

Edited by frankgrimes

Other than the Orr fight, show me another he has lost and he went Orr good until he backed off at the end. Lucic plays on Boston's top 2 lines so he is not often on the ice when goons are

He's lost to Erskine, Neil and Vandermeer just to name a few.

Not saying he's a bad fighter, I just think saying he's "easily top 10" is pushing it.

In any case, I didn't start his bad rep. You're more than welcome to go to dropyourgloves or hockeyfights and try to prove the majority wrong about Lucic. Good luck with that. You have no idea how hated he is for his spotpicking around those circles.

I'd love the Sabres waiving John Scott this guy should be an inmediate pickup for us. Strong as a bull and easily a top 5 enforcer in the league. So whenever the Preds decide to dress Rives or McGrattan we would have someone to answer.

Lucic is a spotpicker, I have never seen him fighting guys like Scott, MacIntyre, McGrattan or Orr after Orr broke his nose. He hasn't even fought Engelland who is way smaller both in size and weightclass.

That said pick him up and build a gritty, no nonsense line for the first time since years.

Pick who up? Lucic? The Bruins aren't letting him go.

Scott is unlikely to go anywhere since the Sabres just signed him. In any case, he's slow and would never be signed by Holland. Even Babcock wouldn't likely want him. Scott is just big, which is why he wins most his fights. I wouldn't mind having him because of entertainment value and occasional games where we need the rough stuff, but it won't happen.

And the Preds are unlikely to dress McGrattan against us. I don't remember him being used against the Wings before to rough anybody up.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Who is Jack Edwards?

Who are the top 10 fighters then?

Jack Edwards is the horrible, homer announcer of the Bruins who has an obsession with thinking that Lucic is the best fighter in hockey history.

My top 10 list? Depends on if you count AHL fighters or not, like McGrattan, who occasionally play in the NHL. Actually, even if you only count NHL regulars, I'd still I'd be unlikely to include Lucic.

Pick who up? Lucic? The Bruins aren't letting him go.

Scott is unlikely to go anywhere since the Sabres just signed him. In any case, he's slow and would never be signed by Holland. Even Babcock wouldn't likely want him. Scott is just big, which is why he wins most his fights. I wouldn't mind having him because of entertainment value and occasional games where we need the rough stuff, but it won't happen.

And the Preds are unlikely to dress McGrattan against us. I don't remember him being used against the Wings before to rough anybody up.

I am talking about Scott, because I have a hard time thinking of reasons why the Bruins would waive or trade Lucic for anything short of a huge overpayment?

Felt pissed when we had to chance to sign a guy like McGrattan or Scott and just refused to do so. The thing with McGrattan is, he is getting missused by Trotz this guy is dead serious whenever he fights pissed and an absolutely giants, usually guys like this should be in the lineup against every tougher team in the league.

Point being IF Trotz decides to dress him against us, we have no one to answer the bell Tootoo would absolutely get destroyed by him.