• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Din758

Cody McCormick waived by Sabres

Rate this topic

I am talking about Scott, because I have a hard time thinking of reasons why the Bruins would waive or trade Lucic for anything short of a huge overpayment?

Felt pissed when we had to chance to sign a guy like McGrattan or Scott and just refused to do so. The thing with McGrattan is, he is getting missused by Trotz this guy is dead serious whenever he fights pissed and an absolutely giants, usually guys like this should be in the lineup against every tougher team in the league.

Point being IF Trotz decides to dress him against us, we have no one to answer the bell Tootoo would absolutely get destroyed by him.

That's true. A team like Montreal would be the smartest to get a guy like McGrattan, because teams like Toronto and Boston in their own division are loaded with tough guys, and frequently bully Montreal.

The Blues are the best example of a team in our division who's way more physical, dresses many tough guys and has frequently bullied our soft team over the years. I'd love to have a McGrattan type player against them.

That's true. A team like Montreal would be the smartest to get a guy like McGrattan, because teams like Toronto and Boston in their own division are loaded with tough guys, and frequently bully Montreal.

The Blues are the best example of a team in our division who's way more physical, dresses many tough guys and has frequently bullied our soft team over the years. I'd love to have a McGrattan type player against them.

Exactly we are the Montreal of the West in that regard. Other than Prust whom I would have loved over Tootoo back then, they are really short of tough guys. The Blues are a big, tough and physical team I fully agree with you. McGrattan would keep these guys in check.

I am sure McKee will be a beast too, but having 2 or 3 guys that can really throw with the best of the best wouldn't hurt. So I am all for a McCormick pickup.,

Clowe is a top 3 fighter to me, however id love if we could somehow get Lucic. If Bruins were smart they'd never let him go, the guy is a monster.

Top 3 NHL fighter? :confused:

Yikes. He might be a top 3 power forward type fighter, but he'd get killed if he regularly fought McGrattan, Erskine or Orr.

Top 3 NHL fighter? :confused:

Yikes. He might be a top 3 power forward type fighter, but he'd get killed if he regularly fought McGrattan, Erskine or Orr.

I negelted to mention top 3 fighter out of people that bring more then just fighting to the team.

Edited by PumpIron

I negelted to mention top 3 fighter out of people that bring more then just fighting to the team.

That's a very debatable topic always. People say some guys don't bring anything besides fighting, but we have several players in our lineup who seem not to bring anything at all. What have Miller, Eaves, Abdelkader, Emmerton or Cleary brought us this season?

This isn't the 2002 Wings we're talking about.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Erskine can take a regulary shift, he will not be a point producer but his skating skills are decent enough to be a regular NHL player and he is really tough.

Yea, a player like that is what Wings would make the best use of. Otherwise we'd have a tough guy scratched most nights.

Edited by PumpIron

Imagine a future line of McKee McCormick and a top 3 enforcer holy time no one would be doing what Weber did, without paying a huge prize for it.

Huh? I wouldn't think twice about running people with them out there. It's not like they can fight me without getting a penalty.

Instigator killed enforcers, there is no use for them, no NHLer worth a damn will be scared of playing the game hard because the other team has a fighter. He doesn't need to fight the enforcer if he doesn't want to. Enforcers are only good if they can be physical, and play smart. You're not going to see many guy that are only good with their fists play a ton of games with today's rules.

That's a very debatable topic always. People say some guys don't bring anything besides fighting, but we have several players in our lineup who seem not to bring anything at all. What have Miller, Eaves, Abdelkader, Emmerton or Cleary brought us this season?

This isn't the 2002 Wings we're talking about.

True that i agree 100%. Abdelkader lost any value to us when we signed Tootoo. I dont see us resigning Cleary but what do i know. Miller works hard every shift but thats all he is. Micky redmond claimed in the past Eaves had the best shot on the team, Ive yet to see it. Emmerton to young but seem's like another speedy grinder type player. We could easly drop 1 for a heavyweight fighter.

Huh? I wouldn't think twice about running people with them out there. It's not like they can fight me without getting a penalty.

Instigator killed enforcers, there is no use for them, no NHLer worth a damn will be scared of playing the game hard because the other team has a fighter. He doesn't need to fight the enforcer if he doesn't want to. Enforcers are only good if they can be physical, and play smart. You're not going to see many guy that are only good with their fists play a ton of games with today's rules.

If the Wings obtained McGrattan and Scott tomorrow, would you stop becoming a fan?

Instigator didn't kill enforcers, it just wounded them. There's plenty of one-dimensional players still playing in the NHL.

Edited by GMRwings1983

If the Wings obtained McGrattan and Scott tomorrow, would you stop becoming a fan?

Instigator didn't kill enforcers, it just wounded them. There's plenty of one-dimensional players still playing in the NHL.

Nah, I'm not that finicky. I'm just looking at the real world. How many of these one-dimensinal players are there? I don't count Crombeen, Prust, Tootoo, Dorsett, Hendricks, Konopka,(etc. because they do more some other things other than punching they usually play more than 8 minutes a game usually and can pitch in some offense, defense, face-offs or skate.

Let's see, Jared Boll, Orr(although he can actually skate and hit pretty well), Clune?, Parros, Thorburn, and

John Scott. Pretty sure there might be a couple more, but these are the ones I can think of and looking over the fights so far this year. I don't know, I just don't see the need for a team to dress one of these heavy weight guys, is Kronwall really going to think twice about hitting someone on Buffalo because Jon Scott might come out during one of his 4 shifts a game and ask Kronwall to fight? I really don't think so. I just don't see how these guys are a deterrent in today's game.

Nah, I'm not that finicky. I'm just looking at the real world. How many of these one-dimensinal players are there? I don't count Crombeen, Prust, Tootoo, Dorsett, Hendricks, Konopka,(etc. because they do more some other things other than punching they usually play more than 8 minutes a game usually and can pitch in some offense, defense, face-offs or skate.

Let's see, Jared Boll, Orr(although he can actually skate and hit pretty well), Clune?, Parros, Thorburn, and

John Scott. Pretty sure there might be a couple more, but these are the ones I can think of and looking over the fights so far this year. I don't know, I just don't see the need for a team to dress one of these heavy weight guys, is Kronwall really going to think twice about hitting someone on Buffalo because Jon Scott might come out during one of his 4 shifts a game and ask Kronwall to fight? I really don't think so. I just don't see how these guys are a deterrent in today's game.

Colton Orr

Patrick Bordeleau

Brandon Bollig

Jared Boll

John Scott

Rich Clune

Eric Boulton

Brad Staubitz

George Parros

Kevin Westgarth

Frazer McLaren

Paul Bissonnette

Brian McGrattan is another one, but it looks like Rich Clune has knocked him out of Nashville's lineup.

In todays game your tough guys have to be able to add 10-15 goals to ever dress. Even Porbert in his prime scored 1 out of 4 games. Hell he had 29 goals one year when he carried the team while yzerman was out. I love a good hockey fight, but guys like grimson never did much for me. That was all he could do. back in 95 when we were forced to play him vs the devils it was just sad...... he couldn't do anything vs them, becasue he couldn't skate. Give me the proberts, shanny, and mccarty types. 150 Pims and can score/skate.

Guest Johnz96

In todays game your tough guys have to be able to add 10-15 goals to ever dress. Even Porbert in his prime scored 1 out of 4 games. Hell he had 29 goals one year when he carried the team while yzerman was out. I love a good hockey fight, but guys like grimson never did much for me. That was all he could do. back in 95 when we were forced to play him vs the devils it was just sad...... he couldn't do anything vs them, becasue he couldn't skate. Give me the proberts, shanny, and mccarty types. 150 Pims and can score/skate.

Most 4th liners who aren't even tough guys don't score 10 goals