• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
number9

Trading Filppula

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

He helps us. No reason to get rid of a guy who helps us.

Franzen (stuck with him) - Zetterberg - ?

Filppula - Datsyuk - ?

? - Helm - ?

? - ? - ?

Kronwall (stuck with him) - Ericsson

Smith - ?

? - ?

?

?

Those are the options. I would fill in like this if I was GM.

Filppula - Datsyuk - Perry

Franzen - Zetterberg - Brunner

Tatar - Helm - Andersson

Miller - Emmerton - Shehan

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Kindl

Lashoff - Sproul

Mrazek

McCollum

Let the kids play until we get a number 1 D.

Filppula - Datsyuk - ?

? - Helm - ?

? - ? - ?

Smith - ?

? - ?

?

?

Tatar - Helm - Andersson

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Kindl

Lashoff - Sproul

Mrazek

McCollum

So aside from bringing in Perry (which we can't do till he's ufa anyways) what have you done? Gotten rid of our #1 goalie for some reason, and brought up another 2 ahl'ers from the griffins? glad you aren't gm

Filppula - Datsyuk - ?

? - Helm - ?

? - ? - ?

Smith - ?

? - ?

?

?

Tatar - Helm - Andersson

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Kindl

Lashoff - Sproul

Mrazek

McCollum

In an 82 game season, that team is lucky to see 25 wins. 15 if Mrazek and McCollum split the work load 50/50.

I'm all for trading him, hes a bit to soft on the puck for my tastes. He's shown flashes of greatness but thats it just flashes.

However i dont see him going anywhere cause holland doesnt trade roster players ever.

He does, but very rarely. He's only ever traded a player of Filppula ilk once, and that was Slava Kozlov in the trade that brought us Dominik Hasek.

If by the deadline, the Wings are way out of the playoff race, I can see Holland listening to offer for him from playoff bound teams.

I'm all for trading him, hes a bit to soft on the puck for my tastes. He's shown flashes of greatness but thats it just flashes.

However i dont see him going anywhere cause holland doesnt trade roster players ever.

I can't find the article because it would take me eons to find it on Mlive, but I remember last season Holland saying more or less that the organization wouldn't entirely mind if he never developed a legitamite scoring touch because he is so good as a two-way forward. My early guess is that they give him a long contract after his current one is up. Holland is in love with two way forwards, which isn't a bad thing, but that's just my take on it.

This isn't playstation it doesn't work that way just because you want a player doesn't mean you can just go out and get him. Last year was proof of that. quote name="The Axe" post="2358341" timestamp="1361391274"]He helps us. No reason to get rid of a guy who helps us.

Filppula - Datsyuk - ?

? - Helm - ?

? - ? - ?

Smith - ?

? - ?

?

?

Tatar - Helm - Andersson

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Kindl

Lashoff - Sproul

Mrazek

McCollum

Filppula has very little trade value because he's a UFA next year. I don't see him moving at all.

That would only be if we are using him to acquire a better player to improve the team. If the Red Wings are out of playoff position as the trade deadline nears, his value to teams that are playoff bound will skyrocket. If that's the case, those teams GM's will most certainly be calling Holland with offers. Same probably goes for White and Howard.

YAY! A thread for ME!!!!! :P

I maintain that Filppula is one of our only tradeable assets... Not that Anaheim would do it now (would have been more doable last summer) but Filppula+ for Bobby Ryan would make both clubs better...

But, since the glaring need on Detroit is obvious defense (although a scorer would be nice) so if he were to be traded, it would probably be a package for a legit top defender.

I know he is a UFA upcoming, but those are usually the ones that get traded as long as the team that acquires him feels they have a great shot at re-signing him. I just happen to think that Filppula and Selanne would be lights out. I also think that Ryan on Dats wing would become a 40 goal scorer. I also believe that if Ryan gets traded here and really likes it, it could help us in trying to get Corey Perry this off season.

Ryan - Datsyuk - Perry

That top line would dominate the NHL. I think Ryan's salary would wash Fil, because I honestly believe that Fil will get around $5M as a UFA. Perry could possibly be had for $7.5M-ish.

I also maintain that Frazine would be a perect fit with the Sedins in Vancouver and would more than likely rediscover his 30+ goal scoring self out there. In return for a Franzine+ package, I would expect someone of Alexadre Burrows in return. Who is the exact kind of player that we need here as well. He would fit in perfectly on Z's line with Brunner.

Burrows - Zetterberg - Brunner

Although Burrows isn't a sniper, but I think he would thrive just as good with Z as he is in Vancouver and like I said, I think Franzine would get even better (and have more fun?) playing with the Sedin's...reinvent his career maybe...

Of course like I said, I would expect if Holland did trade one of these guys, it will more than likely be for a top tier defender since that is our teams glaring need right now...Although I think if he could get a hold of Visnovsky, that may help a bit this season or possibly sign Douglas Murray in the off season to fill that top 2 role.

I do think Filppula is a very tradeable asset. He shows flashes of greatness and would probably take over for Datsyuk, if Dats indeed retires after next season, but honestly, if Holland got Datsyuk a couple of players like Perry and Ryan, he just may stick around a bit longer after next year.

Helm is our #3 center and Andersson will be #4. So although Filppula is good his role as a winger is easily replaced by one of kids coming up.

If we package Filppula with a prospect/pick, what kind of defenseman do you see coming here in return? I know he's have to be a #1/2 guy, but who out there fits that bill and would garner such a price of lets say Filppula/Nyquist/1st Round Pick?

Guest Playmaker

YAY! A thread for ME!!!!! :P

I maintain that Filppula is one of our only tradeable assets... Not that Anaheim would do it now (would have been more doable last summer) but Filppula+ for Bobby Ryan would make both clubs better...

But, since the glaring need on Detroit is obvious defense (although a scorer would be nice) so if he were to be traded, it would probably be a package for a legit top defender.

I know he is a UFA upcoming, but those are usually the ones that get traded as long as the team that acquires him feels they have a great shot at re-signing him. I just happen to think that Filppula and Selanne would be lights out. I also think that Ryan on Dats wing would become a 40 goal scorer. I also believe that if Ryan gets traded here and really likes it, it could help us in trying to get Corey Perry this off season.

Ryan - Datsyuk - Perry

That top line would dominate the NHL. I think Ryan's salary would wash Fil, because I honestly believe that Fil will get around $5M as a UFA. Perry could possibly be had for $7.5M-ish.

I also maintain that Frazine would be a perect fit with the Sedins in Vancouver and would more than likely rediscover his 30+ goal scoring self out there. In return for a Franzine+ package, I would expect someone of Alexadre Burrows in return. Who is the exact kind of player that we need here as well. He would fit in perfectly on Z's line with Brunner.

Burrows - Zetterberg - Brunner

Although Burrows isn't a sniper, but I think he would thrive just as good with Z as he is in Vancouver and like I said, I think Franzine would get even better (and have more fun?) playing with the Sedin's...reinvent his career maybe...

Of course like I said, I would expect if Holland did trade one of these guys, it will more than likely be for a top tier defender since that is our teams glaring need right now...Although I think if he could get a hold of Visnovsky, that may help a bit this season or possibly sign Douglas Murray in the off season to fill that top 2 role.

I do think Filppula is a very tradeable asset. He shows flashes of greatness and would probably take over for Datsyuk, if Dats indeed retires after next season, but honestly, if Holland got Datsyuk a couple of players like Perry and Ryan, he just may stick around a bit longer after next year.

Helm is our #3 center and Andersson will be #4. So although Filppula is good his role as a winger is easily replaced by one of kids coming up.

If we package Filppula with a prospect/pick, what kind of defenseman do you see coming here in return? I know he's have to be a #1/2 guy, but who out there fits that bill and would garner such a price of lets say Filppula/Nyquist/1st Round Pick?

I really wish you'd share some of that weed you smoke...

Fippula is 29 years old...what you see is what you get...if playing with Pavel Datsyuk doesn't turn you into a prolific scorer, nothing will. Don't get me wrong, I like Flip, but for anyone to think we're going to get anything of significant value for him is living in a dream land...We have a thousand injuries and Nyquist can't stick with the big club, and yet someone is going to give us a top 2 dman or top 6 scorer for Flip,a UFA, Nyquist and a pick?

None. Filppula has no trade value in a trade like that. The only way the Red Wings can get anything for Filppula will be if they are out of the playoff race and a playoff team wants him a rental piece. And they certainly won't be offering any good young players. It'll be middle of the road depth players, picks and/or mediocre prospects.

Fil.... I think Holland screwed up here. he should have resigned or traded him last summer. Now he is having a down year and a UFA. His value is much lower than a year ago. Could he get a late 1st round pick? maybe. But that is about all. if we can, do it! frees up the cash and adds more young talent to our system, which we badly need.

I think Filppula is more valueable to this team than Franzen. So there. Good luck finding someone to take on a lifetime contract given to someone for one good playoff season.

Franzen leads the team in scoring every year. He's streaky but he produces. Flip has always been one season away from a breakout year which he's never going to have. He's a good player, but good is replaceable, especially if we get someone who brings something new to the table in exchange.

Yes he is off pace from last season, but so is everyone not names Zetterberg or Datsyuk. Filppula is coming off a career best 66 points in 81 games, and you are saying all he would get us in return is a middle of the road depth player or a mediocre prospect? Really? So lets say trading Filppula for Jordin Tootoo would have been an even swap? Or lets say we trade Filpulla for TJ Hensick? Gimme a break guys, you really under value Val right about now. I am not saying you could get Shea Weber for him, but he has more value than a mediocre prospect...expecially if you package Tatar and our 1st rounder which seems like it may be a top 15 the more I watch this team...maybe even a top 10.

No matter how you slice it, Val and Johan are the two most tradeable assets this team has. You are not going to see Smith traded or Helm. Abdelkader is a slight possibilty but he plays his role fine here and enjoys it. I can see Abby being a Red Wing until he retires. So if you guys don't think we can get anything of value for Flip or Franzine, then we may as well start tanking the next 5 season so we can get those top 5 picks for the next 5 years in a row...

I really wish you'd share some of that weed you smoke...

Fippula is 29 years old...what you see is what you get...if playing with Pavel Datsyuk doesn't turn you into a prolific scorer, nothing will. Don't get me wrong, I like Flip, but for anyone to think we're going to get anything of significant value for him is living in a dream land...We have a thousand injuries and Nyquist can't stick with the big club, and yet someone is going to give us a top 2 dman or top 6 scorer for Flip,a UFA, Nyquist and a pick?

Nyquist is perhaps our #1 prospect, maybe he just doesn't fit in Detroit too well. Filppula would be an asset to someone (espcially Anaheim) and if the Wings fail to make the playoffs that 1st round pick would be a top 15. Filppula is a playmaker, not a scorer. He has hands, yes, but he is primarily a playmaker, that is why he has not turned into a prolific scorer playing with Datsyuk. If Filppula played with Selanne on his wing, you would see Fil's point total improve by at least 50% if not more. He can be a great #1 or #2 center for another team, and he has value. He just has nowhere to be a center here, not with Dats, Z and Helm. Fil is far too good to be a #4 center. Besides, I just threw Nyquist in there, lets say it was Tatar (which I dont think Holland would part with) but whatever.

So who would you think it would cost to get us a top d-man here? Don't just come here and bash someone's thoughts, tell us what makes more sense, because standing pat on our D right now makes NO sense what-so-ever...

Yes he is off pace from last season, but so is everyone not names Zetterberg or Datsyuk. Filppula is coming off a career best 66 points in 81 games, and you are saying all he would get us in return is a middle of the road depth player or a mediocre prospect? Really? So lets say trading Filppula for Jordin Tootoo would have been an even swap? Or lets say we trade Filpulla for TJ Hensick? Gimme a break guys, you really under value Val right about now. I am not saying you could get Shea Weber for him, but he has more value than a mediocre prospect...expecially if you package Tatar and our 1st rounder which seems like it may be a top 15 the more I watch this team...maybe even a top 10.

NO!!!!!! Don't not trade away picks for this years draft! It is loaded! Pick up more picks for this eyars draft. Add young talent. There are several guys in this years draft that could walk onto the team right now and be in our top 3 players. Do not give that up! Add in the ages of datsyuk and Z, we have to find the next cornerstone(s) for the next 12-15 years. The only place that is possible is the draft. You can get good players via trade for the next 5-8 years, but not the next 15.

NO!!!!!! Don't not trade away picks for this years draft! It is loaded! Pick up more picks for this eyars draft. Add young talent. There are several guys in this years draft that could walk onto the team right now and be in our top 3 players. Do not give that up! Add in the ages of datsyuk and Z, we have to find the next cornerstone(s) for the next 12-15 years. The only place that is possible is the draft. You can get good players via trade for the next 5-8 years, but not the next 15.

I am all for that as long as I can trust Holland to draft correctly...which I don't quite yet. He did fine last draft, but his history thus far hasn't proven to me that he can rebuild a team yet. If we get a top 20 and Ryan Pulock is sitting there and he takes him, then I am ready to put my faith in Holland rebuilding this team.

If trading Filppula would get you another 1st round pick from a Cup contender then that would be great. As long as Holland kept that pick and didn't waste it on a hunk of junk player like Quincey. If this draft is so loaded, lets trade both Fraznine and Filppula for even more 1st round picks. That would be fine by me, because I do agree that Andersson and Tatar are ready to make the step up next season full time, and I also think that Sheahan and Ferraro could be rotating the #12 spot next year as well...

We still need that top line defender though, so how you think we address that without sacrificing our 1st rounder this year? Holland has already shown that he would throw a 1st rounder away for scraps...

edit: and that 1st rounder that was wasted for Q? I would have much rather Holland kept it a drafted Olli Maata.

Edited by LeftWinger

Filppula has very little trade value because he's a UFA next year. I don't see him moving at all.

Actually, with the salary cap dropping so much next year, he may have more value this spring than usual. A team that's close to maxed out for next year yet still has cap room this year may jump at a chance to pick up Filppula, knowing he's just a rental.

Guest Playmaker

No matter how you slice it, Val and Johan are the two most tradeable assets this team has. You are not going to see Smith traded or Helm. Abdelkader is a slight possibilty but he plays his role fine here and enjoys it. I can see Abby being a Red Wing until he retires. So if you guys don't think we can get anything of value for Flip or Franzine, then we may as well start tanking the next 5 season so we can get those top 5 picks for the next 5 years in a row...

Nyquist is perhaps our #1 prospect, maybe he just doesn't fit in Detroit too well. Filppula would be an asset to someone (espcially Anaheim) and if the Wings fail to make the playoffs that 1st round pick would be a top 15. Filppula is a playmaker, not a scorer. He has hands, yes, but he is primarily a playmaker, that is why he has not turned into a prolific scorer playing with Datsyuk. If Filppula played with Selanne on his wing, you would see Fil's point total improve by at least 50% if not more. He can be a great #1 or #2 center for another team, and he has value. He just has nowhere to be a center here, not with Dats, Z and Helm. Fil is far too good to be a #4 center. Besides, I just threw Nyquist in there, lets say it was Tatar (which I dont think Holland would part with) but whatever.

So who would you think it would cost to get us a top d-man here? Don't just come here and bash someone's thoughts, tell us what makes more sense, because standing pat on our D right now makes NO sense what-so-ever...

It isn't like Selanne is struggling and needs a set up man. Not to mention, he's 42 years old and who knows how much longer he will play. So, the Ducks are going to trade Bobby Ryan so Teemu can play with a buddy for maybe a year? The only reason they would be trading Bobby Ryan would be for cap space, so why would they acquire Flip and pay him 5 mil? It doesn't make sense for Anaheim at all. It only makes sense in your mind.

Filppula hasn't proven that he can be a solid #3 center, let alone a #1 or 2 center. He's done absolutley nothing on the second power play unit. Granted he doesn't have a lot of talent out there with him, but true playmakers can set up even the worst stone hands.

I have absolutely no idea what it would to take to get a top line player....Likely another top player, prospect or draft pick, the latter of which, the Wings don't have an abundance of. What the Wings have is cap space. Unfortunately, the free agent market is fairly sparse. I don't follow other teams cap space and contract situations very closely, so I can't say who might be available due to a team needing cap space or a salary dump.

Are Filppula and Franzen tradeable assets? Sure, but I don't think they have the trade value that you seem to think they do. Franzen is older and injury prone and while his cap hit isn't high, a team is stuck with him for quite a long time due to his contract.

Franzen leads the team in scoring every year. He's streaky but he produces. Flip has always been one season away from a breakout year which he's never going to have. He's a good player, but good is replaceable, especially if we get someone who brings something new to the table in exchange.

Solid arguement. But would you rather have a two way forward who (probably) will never have that break out year, or a forward who plays like he's half his size and scores the quietest 30 goals you've ever seen?