• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
number9

Trading Filppula

Rate this topic

He helps us. No reason to get rid of a guy who helps us.

Franzen (stuck with him) - Zetterberg - ?

Filppula - Datsyuk - ?

? - Helm - ?

? - ? - ?

Kronwall (stuck with him) - Ericsson

Smith - ?

? - ?

?

?

Those are the options. I would fill in like this if I was GM.

Filppula - Datsyuk - Perry

Franzen - Zetterberg - Brunner

Tatar - Helm - Andersson

Miller - Emmerton - Shehan

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Kindl

Lashoff - Sproul

Mrazek

McCollum

Let the kids play until we get a number 1 D.

Wait for Oullet or Sproul to take over the #1 and #2 spots 3 years from now. They got mad skill Axedog. Line 2 we got Kronner where he apparently belongs along with Smith. Mark it on your calendar.

The only way Flip is expendable is if there's a quality return for him and if Jarnkrok takes his roster spot moments later.

Guest The Axe

Wait for Oullet or Sproul to take over the #1 and #2 spots 3 years from now. They got mad skill Axedog. Line 2 we got Kronner where he apparently belongs along with Smith. Mark it on your calendar.

The only way Flip is expendable is if there's a quality return for him and if Jarnkrok takes his roster spot moments later.

Roger That, good buddy. Arent they big too?

Guest Crymson

I think Filppula is more valueable to this team than Franzen. So there. Good luck finding someone to take on a lifetime contract given to someone for one good playoff season.

LOL. Try three good playoff seasons.

Guest Crymson

Reminds me when the Wings parted with Kozlov

Kozlov was dumped because he was horrifically lazy. Franzen has nothing on Kozlov's level of laziness from 1998 through 2001.

Edited by Crymson

Kozlov was dumped because he was horrifically lazy. Franzen has nothing on Kozlov's level of laziness from 1998 through 2001.

What I meant is Flip reminds me of Kozlov in some degree regarding player type and he was traded for a top tier player.

Guest Crymson

i would trade him in a heart beat for bobby ryan, corey perry, doughty, brown or yandle. otherwise keep

You'd keep him, in other words.

I think Filppula is more valueable to this team than Franzen. So there. Good luck finding someone to take on a lifetime contract given to someone for one good playoff season.

Yes, beause $3.9 million for a guy who's never going to sniff those final years of his contract is really handcuffing this team and their capspace and yet, when healthy adds almost 60pts to the team in regular season and 18+ points in the playoffs. Sure. No value there AT ALL.

Meanwhile, I'm not even going to touch this NONSENSE about Flip+++ for Ryan. Why in godsname woud the Ducks trade Ryan if they're making a run?

The best way to move Franzen is for us to retain some of his cap hit. Which can be done. the he becaomes worth a low 1st/high 2nd round pick, which I would do. The best options for moving Fil is to teams in the east. the Rangers need C's badly, and the Canes are also rumored to be looking. The sens if they stay in it may also be interested in making a move.

Its hard to get a good read on what the RW's are thinking with Fil. If he is oart of the long term plan, then why didn't we resign him last year? the only answer is, if the management isn't sure about him. With his play this year, their fears have come to pass, and he could be moved.

If we could move Franzen for a low 1st, Fil for a 2nd, and Q for a 3rd, I would be happy as a pig in mud. This years draft is the deepest since 2003. Every draft site is talking about its dpth and quality, could be 90-100 player deep. 6 picks in the first 90 for us would completely reload us. Now it will take 2-3 years to fully happen, but you have to start somewhere, and this year is the best one for the next 3.

Yes, beause $3.9 million for a guy who's never going to sniff those final years of his contract is really handcuffing this team and their capspace and yet, when healthy adds almost 60pts to the team in regular season and 18+ points in the playoffs. Sure. No value there AT ALL.

Meanwhile, I'm not even going to touch this NONSENSE about Flip+++ for Ryan. Why in godsname woud the Ducks trade Ryan if they're making a run?

To free up Money for Getzlaf and Perry. Ducks aren't going to let one of their franchise players walk just for 1 single shot at the cup. I do agree that Franzen has more value than Flippula

To free up Money for Getzlaf and Perry. Ducks aren't going to let one of their franchise players walk just for 1 single shot at the cup. I do agree that Franzen has more value than Flippula

LOL.... The Ducks have 24 million to spend for next season, and only 4 or 5 holes to fill. they are sitting pretty. Even if they have to pay 8 million per for each of G and P, they can afford to do it. Plus and this is big, they are able to offer both aan 8 year contract, where as all other teams can only offer a 7 year deal. If G and/or P leave he Ducks it is only because they choose to and don't want to play there. they can get more by resigning then they can get from any other team.

Roger That, good buddy. Arent they big too?

Sproul is 6'4, 200 lbs, 18 goals, 40 assissts for 58 points in 39 games. That's just nasty on D. Probably our future top Offensive Dman.

Ouellet is 6'0, 187 lbs, 9 goals, 27 assists for 36 points in 40 games. He's one hell of a 2-way Dman that was even better than Dougie Hamilton on our terrible Canadian WJC blueline.

Those 2 will hopefully make the best D pairing in the league in a few years, as Keith and Seabrook were when the Hawks won the Cup in 2010.

As for Flip, even if he is a rental for a team, he still has great trade value cause for a team like the Hawks, Bruins or especially the Flyers that could definitely use a guy like him, he could be one of the last pieces that a team needs to win it all cause he's a great 2-way forward. I'd love to get a guy like Matt Read from the Flyers. I mention him cause there's no way we'd get Voracek or Brayden Schenn.

Guest Crymson

The best way to move Franzen is for us to retain some of his cap hit. Which can be done.

Teams can share salary, but not cap hit.

People are ignoring the fact that trading a player when his value is low means getting little in return.

Take out Flip's 3 points from the 4th game of the year & he's put up a whopping 5 points in the past 12 games. His so called "breakout season" of 66 points last year is looking more & more like an aberration. If he really is in the Wings' long term plans, you would think Kenny's talking to his agent already about an extension. If the ceiling of his prime years is going to be as a complimentary 2nd line winger/sometime center that can't put up more than 40 points a season but plays a defensively responsible game, he shouldn't look for too much of a raise. If he is & you know you're going to cut him loose at the end of the season, flip him to a contender for at least a little compensation if you're already out of the playoff run. A little return is better than none after all.

Teams can share salary, but not cap hit.

People are ignoring the fact that trading a player when his value is low means getting little in return.

You're ingnoring the fact that trade value means little in NHL13 GM Mode.... :lol:

If anyone is hoping that Holland packages Filppula for a better player (Bobby Ryan, #1 dman, etc etc), you're dreaming. Slated to become a UFA, Filppula has ZERO value in a trade like that. The players that teams would most want for players like Bobby Ryan would include: Brendan Smith, Darren Helm, Gustav Nyquist or Tomas Tatar AND draft picks. No, they won't want Dan Cleary, Mikael Samuelsson, Ian White or Kyle Quincey.

They only way Holland even considers moving Filppula is if by April 3rd the Red Wings are out of the playoff picture. Playoff teams, or teams close to the playoffs will no doubt be calling Holland with offers for Filppula. And don't get your hopes up, they WILL NOT be offering players of Bobby Ryans caliber in exchange. They WILL be offering draft picks, lower level roster players and/or mediocre prospects. If your curious as to what that may be, look back at the past 5 trade deadlines and look at the returns for 2nd line forwards. The return will be something like that.

If the Red Wings are poised to make the playoffs, or are on the playoff bubble, Filppula will go nowhere. EVEN if they think he will sign elsewhere in the offseason.

/ end thread.

Depends on what we're getting in return.

Good guy, hard-worker, team player...but in terms of his value to the team and organization at large? I don't see what other people are seeing when they say he's off-limits, is an essential part of the team's plans going forward, etc. He's a softish Euro playmaker who plays a good two-way game. Does this organization generally struggle with finding guys like that? Are there no Fil-types on our roster, in the pipeline, in every draft?

Depends on what we're getting in return.

Good guy, hard-worker, team player...but in terms of his value to the team and organization at large? I don't see what other people are seeing when they say he's off-limits, is an essential part of the team's plans going forward, etc. He's a softish Euro playmaker who plays a good two-way game. Does this organization generally struggle with finding guys like that? Are there no Fil-types on our roster, in the pipeline, in every draft?

Yes, of course it depends on what you get in return. Same goes for any player. He's not so much "off-limits" as "probably not going to bring a return that actually makes us better".

We may not be good enough that that should be much of a concern though, so trading him for a pick might be a good option.

Guest The Axe

Filppula at 3 mil a season could be the best deal in hockey. He can play any position from forward 1 thru 9, plays PP and PK, and is a supreme defensively. We should only dump him if his salary demands are prohibitive. Right now, you have to look at Sammy and think that we are just raping Filppula and Ericsson.

Guest The Axe

Take out Flip's 3 points from the 4th game of the year & he's put up a whopping 5 points in the past 12 games. His so called "breakout season" of 66 points last year is looking more & more like an aberration. If he really is in the Wings' long term plans, you would think Kenny's talking to his agent already about an extension. If the ceiling of his prime years is going to be as a complimentary 2nd line winger/sometime center that can't put up more than 40 points a season but plays a defensively responsible game, he shouldn't look for too much of a raise. If he is & you know you're going to cut him loose at the end of the season, flip him to a contender for at least a little compensation if you're already out of the playoff run. A little return is better than none after all.

Take out Gretzky's 4 goal game 39 and it might be 50 in 43. If my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle.