• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
number9

Trading Filppula

Rate this topic

This isn't playstation it doesn't work that way just because you want a player doesn't mean you can just go out and get him. Last year was proof of that. quote name="The Axe" post="2358341" timestamp="1361391274"]He helps us. No reason to get rid of a guy who helps us.

Franzen (stuck with him) - Zetterberg - ?

Filppula - Datsyuk - ?

? - Helm - ?

? - ? - ?

Kronwall (stuck with him) - Ericsson

Smith - ?

? - ?

?

?

Those are the options. I would fill in like this if I was GM.

Filppula - Datsyuk - Perry

Franzen - Zetterberg - Brunner

Tatar - Helm - Andersson

Miller - Emmerton - Shehan

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Kindl

Lashoff - Sproul

Mrazek

McCollum

Let the kids play until we get a number 1 D.

Where did Jimmy go?

Sproul - Will not go directly from the OHL To the NHL, which is probably best.....

McCollum's days as a Wing are done, the team has no confidence in him

Where did Abs go and Tootoo? I see no reason to dump them so far this year....

I for one agree with let the kids play, however they do need to adjust in the AHL prior to the NHL, this is one of the best things this Orginaztion does, they let players develop....Defenceman going from Jr to the NHL are RARE, and look at the Luke Scheen disaster in Toronto... he was never ready for the jump yet was pushed to it,

I would love to see Perry on the wings, but at what expense would it take to get him

Take out Gretzky's 4 goal game 39 and it might be 50 in 43. If my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle.

Pretty sure the game Gretzky got 50 goals in 39 games his empty net goal was his 5th was it not?

As for Flip, I think Holland should try to sign him now for 3 mil per for 5 years while he's not producing all that well, cause I for one believe he's gonna pick it up, and soon.

At this point, I'm not really sure where Flip would be traded and what teams are even willing to give up even for a really good 2-way fwd. And you all know full well that other GMs love going after our prospects. Most will want package deals with Flip + any of Smith, Nyquist, Sproul, Ouellet, Jurco, Sheahan. Don't know about you guys but if I was GM and I was trading something like that I'd want Ryan and Fowler back for example.

Maybe Ovechkin wants out of Washington lol.

Trading Flippula + Franzen can get us quite a bit. People underestimate Franzens value he has a low cap hit for his production and is known around the league as being a beast in the playoffs. Flippula idk if he's worth trading seeing as he's a UFA.

I'd rather keep Filp, then trade Franzen, Mursak, and Kindle.

Pretty sure the game Gretzky got 50 goals in 39 games his empty net goal was his 5th was it not?

As for Flip, I think Holland should try to sign him now for 3 mil per for 5 years while he's not producing all that well, cause I for one believe he's gonna pick it up, and soon.

At this point, I'm not really sure where Flip would be traded and what teams are even willing to give up even for a really good 2-way fwd. And you all know full well that other GMs love going after our prospects. Most will want package deals with Flip + any of Smith, Nyquist, Sproul, Ouellet, Jurco, Sheahan. Don't know about you guys but if I was GM and I was trading something like that I'd want Ryan and Fowler back for example.

Maybe Ovechkin wants out of Washington lol.

The spoiled Wing fan in me has was dreaming of this earlier in the season but with Ovie turning it around I think the pipedream ended. imo Washington would be insane to trade away a generational player even if he isn't performing up to his standards they're still making bank with merch and publicity. Imagine how irrelevant (mainstream-wise) Washington would become in an instant if he was traded. If my dream scenario I'd give up Flip + Franzen and one of Smith, Nyquist, Jurco, Quellet, etc + a first and maybe a 3rd rounder. If Washington doesn't bite throw in another pick. It's worth throwing the farm imo. It keeps Dats here in hockeytown, makes us a contender, and gives us a cornerstone when Pav and Hank decide to call it quits. Oh well at least I'll have NHL13.

Ovie - Dats - Brunner

Burt - Zett - Sammy

Cleary - Helm - Abs

Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

that's prob the best I'd hope for but I'd prefer

Ovie - Dats - Burt

Nyquist - Zett - Brunner

Tatar - Helm - Abs/Cleary(idk they're both sucking right now pick one)

Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo (this line has been doing well imo)

Eaves

or if we wanna stack

Ovie - Dats - Zett (holy fk)

Nyquist - Tatar - Brunner (man that'd be interesting)

Burt - Helm - Cleary/Abs

Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

I haven't seen anything in Mursak to show me he's an NHLer. Trade Sammy away or something.

our D sucks so I'm not gonna bother

another NHL13 dream I have is something like Flip + cap filler + Prospect + Pick for Iginla and Franzen + cap filler + Prospect + Pick for Alfie. Win now before Zett is broken down and Dats is in Russia. ah to have 2 lines of hall of famers I miss those pre-lock out teams.

Edited by Number19

Yes, of course it depends on what you get in return. Same goes for any player. He's not so much "off-limits" as "probably not going to bring a return that actually makes us better".

Sorry, forgot the [/captainobvious] tag. Definitely seen people call him off-limits. As in, like, full-on off-limits. And so they'll probably go to hell when they die, and what-not.

FILAPOOLA!

Take out Flip's 3 points from the 4th game of the year & he's put up a whopping 5 points in the past 12 games. His so called "breakout season" of 66 points last year is looking more & more like an aberration. If he really is in the Wings' long term plans, you would think Kenny's talking to his agent already about an extension. If the ceiling of his prime years is going to be as a complimentary 2nd line winger/sometime center that can't put up more than 40 points a season but plays a defensively responsible game, he shouldn't look for too much of a raise. If he is & you know you're going to cut him loose at the end of the season, flip him to a contender for at least a little compensation if you're already out of the playoff run. A little return is better than none after all.

Take out all the words in your post and then you have a worthless post.

Well, it's worthless either way.

As usual with Flip, look at even strength scoring. Third on the team, 2 less than Pav, 4 less than Z. He seems to not be scoring, but it's because he doesn't have any points on the PP. Why? Because he plays with scrubs on the 2nd PP unit.

That said, he has played pretty crappy the past few games. Last night was a little better. He'll get it going again, though.

PS: Who had the most even strength points last year? Filppula.

I have nothing against Filps but I also agree with people stating, that he is our best asset. I could see a team like the Blue Jackets highly interested in him, they do have 3 round picks this year so if we could get a first round pick from them for him, it would be great. Better get something out of him than let him leave for nothing in the offseason right?

OR

Kick the tires for JayBo and offer Filps + 2nd + Kindl this would give the Flames a pick, an estabilished NHL player plus a depth guy.

I have nothing against Filps but I also agree with people stating, that he is our best asset. I could see a team like the Blue Jackets highly interested in him, they do have 3 round picks this year so if we could get a first round pick from them for him, it would be great. Better get something out of him than let him leave for nothing in the offseason right?

OR

Kick the tires for JayBo and offer Filps + 2nd + Kindl this would give the Flames a pick, an estabilished NHL player plus a depth guy.

I guess I wonder why Columbus would trade with us when they have no need of adding a guy like Filpulla this season (unless they go on a miracle playoff run) and can just persue him in the offseason as he'll ne a UFA. Same with Calgary really.

Quite a few here don't care much for J-Bo - however I wouldn't mind seeing what he could bring to thr Motor City, and yes - that offer you proposed might be good enough (although it's quite possibly the Flames would ask for a better Dman).

Forgive my ignorance, but is there any "decent" UFA available this summer?

Generally speaking:

Forwards? Yup. Defence? Nope.

Take out all the words in your post and then you have a worthless post.

Well, it's worthless either way.

As usual with Flip, look at even strength scoring. Third on the team, 2 less than Pav, 4 less than Z. He seems to not be scoring, but it's because he doesn't have any points on the PP. Why? Because he plays with scrubs on the 2nd PP unit.

That said, he has played pretty crappy the past few games. Last night was a little better. He'll get it going again, though.

PS: Who had the most even strength points last year? Filppula.

Worthless? Seriously? I think your crush on Flip is coloring your interpretation of what I wrote a little too much. All I'm saying is it comes down to is the front office's expectations of what type of player Val would be for them going forward & whether the two sides agree to how much that's worth. It's all a value equation, that's no different for Val than it is for any other player.

Let's take a look at two examples from last season, Hudler & Stuart. There was plenty of chatter in the media about neither re-signing with Huds wanting more money & a larger role on the team & Stewie wanting to go back to Cali for family reasons. Even though neither were obviously traded at the deadline despite Kenny knowing they weren't going to re-sign, you better believe it was considered. If their current+future value to the team is less than the value of what the Wings are offered in return, it can & will happen. While Huds & Stewie held no future value to the team at the trade deadline last season, they held current value at the time because the Wings were jockeying for playoff position. If they were out of the playoff hunt, current value is nil & the chances of both being traded at the deadline would have been damn close to 100% as far as I'm concerned.

So let's say that Val & his agent want him paid like a top 6 defensively responsible forward who plays in all situations & puts up around 70 points a season like he did last year. We're talking Kesler/Bergeron range so put it at $5m+ a year. What if Kenny & his staff think his ceiling is the 40 point range which is worth $3.75-4m a year, Val & his agent disagree and say unless you pay him he's gone? Not out of the realm of possibility at all. (See Hudler, Jiri) If the Wings are out of the playoff hunt at the deadline, they're sure Val is going to sign somewhere else, & a playoff team is willing to offer picks and/or prospects to rent him for a run at The Cup, Kenny would be insane not to consider it.

If the Wings front office doesn't know the price they would ask for every player in their organization, not just UFAs/RFAs but current rosters players & prospects too, no matter the circumstance i.e. lock for playoffs, in contention, out of the race, etc., they aren't doing their jobs. To say with 100% certainly that a player would never be traded is just ridiculous. Better believe that right now Kenny has a good idea what it would take for him to trade even Pavel. There's always a price, it's just whether or not you can find someone to meet it.

^ Agreed ^

Listen, I love Flip. But if Detroit continue to free-fall and I were Holland, I'd let everyone know he was available. If Guastad gets you a 1st and 3rd or something, imagine what Filpulla gets you as a rental for a contender.

At some point you have to deal from your strengths (Detroit could possible replace Filp with Jarnkrok or Nyquist hopefully) to improve your weeknesses (more high-end prospects).

I would say the same thing about free agency. If Detroit can get a legit scoring winger for the same cap hit Filpulla may command, then you have to seriously explore this option.

All this being said, I'd have no problem if they kept him for the next 5-7 years either.

^ Agreed ^

Listen, I love Flip. But if Detroit continue to free-fall and I were Holland, I'd let everyone know he was available. If Guastad gets you a 1st and 3rd or something, imagine what Filpulla gets you as a rental for a contender.

At some point you have to deal from your strengths (Detroit could possible replace Filp with Jarnkrok or Nyquist hopefully) to improve your weeknesses (more high-end prospects).

I would say the same thing about free agency. If Detroit can get a legit scoring winger for the same cap hit Filpulla may command, then you have to seriously explore this option.

All this being said, I'd have no problem if they kept him for the next 5-7 years either.

I somewhat agree. If the Red Wings aren't in the play off hunt at the deadline, they could probably get a decent return for him from a contender. The guy may not be having a good season so far, but he netted 66pts last season and has one of the most impressive playoff resume's for a player under 30. He would bring a decent package.Then, they can replace him in the top 6 with Tatar or Nyquist, or sing an top 6 forward that brings a different dimension.

I think the same would go for Ian White at the deadline.

Once again (for the 4th time I think...) however, Filppula will have no value to teams like Columbus or Calgary.

OR

If I'm Jay Feaster and Holland calls me with that offer, I would hang up the phone immediately.

Edited by DSM

filppula isnt going anywhere guys hes a ufa no one will trade us back a player thats under contract for a ufa and the wings love filppula best thing to do would be resign him with a no trade clause and in a year or 2 if we wanna get rid of him we get something back

Huh?

filppula isnt going anywhere guys hes a ufa no one will trade us back a player thats under contract for a ufa and the wings love filppula best thing to do would be resign him with a no trade clause and in a year or 2 if we wanna get rid of him we get something back

Because teams facing losing a player to free agency NEVER trade them to Cup contenders to get some return on their investment right? Like say a certain former Wing for 1 season that people are still butt-hurt over Kenny not signing in favor of Franzen as a recent example? Not saying that Flip=Hossa but to say he's got no value in a trade because he's a UFA at the end of the season is a little short-sighted.

I've been of the mindset to keep Flip because we're going to need depth at center in the near future, but he seems to only be effective on the left wing. Really wanted to see a Filppula-Pulkkinen connection one day. That being said, I'd be up for moving him if it could shake things up in a positive way.

Because teams facing losing a player to free agency NEVER trade them to Cup contenders to get some return on their investment right? Like say a certain former Wing for 1 season that people are still butt-hurt over Kenny not signing in favor of Franzen as a recent example? Not saying that Flip=Hossa but to say he's got no value in a trade because he's a UFA at the end of the season is a little short-sighted.

They certainly won't trade him if they are in postition to make the playoffs, or are still in the race for spot #8.

Worthless? Seriously? I think your crush on Flip is coloring your interpretation of what I wrote a little too much. All I'm saying is it comes down to is the front office's expectations of what type of player Val would be for them going forward & whether the two sides agree to how much that's worth. It's all a value equation, that's no different for Val than it is for any other player.

Let's take a look at two examples from last season, Hudler & Stuart. There was plenty of chatter in the media about neither re-signing with Huds wanting more money & a larger role on the team & Stewie wanting to go back to Cali for family reasons. Even though neither were obviously traded at the deadline despite Kenny knowing they weren't going to re-sign, you better believe it was considered. If their current+future value to the team is less than the value of what the Wings are offered in return, it can & will happen. While Huds & Stewie held no future value to the team at the trade deadline last season, they held current value at the time because the Wings were jockeying for playoff position. If they were out of the playoff hunt, current value is nil & the chances of both being traded at the deadline would have been damn close to 100% as far as I'm concerned.

So let's say that Val & his agent want him paid like a top 6 defensively responsible forward who plays in all situations & puts up around 70 points a season like he did last year. We're talking Kesler/Bergeron range so put it at $5m+ a year. What if Kenny & his staff think his ceiling is the 40 point range which is worth $3.75-4m a year, Val & his agent disagree and say unless you pay him he's gone? Not out of the realm of possibility at all. (See Hudler, Jiri) If the Wings are out of the playoff hunt at the deadline, they're sure Val is going to sign somewhere else, & a playoff team is willing to offer picks and/or prospects to rent him for a run at The Cup, Kenny would be insane not to consider it.

If the Wings front office doesn't know the price they would ask for every player in their organization, not just UFAs/RFAs but current rosters players & prospects too, no matter the circumstance i.e. lock for playoffs, in contention, out of the race, etc., they aren't doing their jobs. To say with 100% certainly that a player would never be traded is just ridiculous. Better believe that right now Kenny has a good idea what it would take for him to trade even Pavel. There's always a price, it's just whether or not you can find someone to meet it.

Probably a very minimal consideration. Hollands #1 focus at that point was to strengthen the team for the playoffs. Even though they may not have been coming back, trading them away would've had the opposite effect and the rage probably would've overloaded the servers on this forum.

They certainly won't trade him if they are in postition to make the playoffs, or are still in the race for spot #8.

Which is what I've already stated in a couple of other posts. IF they're out of contention & IF they know that Flip won't sign for what they would offer.... Even if they know he won't re-sign & but he's a key piece for them making the playoffs if they're still in contention, he'll stick around like Huds & Stewie did last year.

Edited by ogreslayer

Yeah obviously if we're out of a playoffs spot and if we knew he wasn't going to be resigned, of course trade him if we can. But he is going to resign and we won't be out of a playoffs spot. But the fact is Fil plays center, and no other center other than Z and Pav obviously come close to Z, Pav or Fil so he need to so we can play Pav and Z together if we need to. Fil's talent doesn't make him untouchable, his position does.