• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
number9

Trading Filppula

Rate this topic

I still maintain that both Filppula and Franize are our most tradable assets. Whether it be for a player or just picks. As it stands right now, both are very replaceable with our kids that are ready. Tatar will score more than Franzine in a couple of season and Brunner more than replaces Filppula. That being said, I find it hard to believe Holland would trade either of them...please prove me wrong Kenny...

I still maintain that both Filppula and Franize are our most tradable assets. Whether it be for a player or just picks. As it stands right now, both are very replaceable with our kids that are ready. Tatar will score more than Franzine in a couple of season and Brunner more than replaces Filppula. That being said, I find it hard to believe Holland would trade either of them...please prove me wrong Kenny...

really dude...Brunner more than replaces Filppula? what kind of crack are you smoking son

really dude...Brunner more than replaces Filppula? what kind of crack are you smoking son

Yes dude....Brunner you read it correctly. If Franzine was traded today, his (lack of) offense would not be missed. Brunner more than makes up for it. Give both of them a full 82 games and Brunner out scores Franzine by at least 15 goals. You can mark it, bet on it and take it to the bank...

Not that you need a lesson in math, but Franzine current 3 goals in 15 games prorates to 17ish over 82 games...Brunner's 10 in 22 games prorates to 37ish goals...Franzine brings nothing else to the table, he plays smaller than Brunner despite being 6' whatever and 200 and whatever pounds...watch a game now and then....

As much as I'd love to keep Flip, with the cap dropping next season anything more than 4 million is too much. If he wants that much, wait for Babcock to bring up Nyquist and turn him into a centre. I have a feeling that Flip will get a 3 year 12 million contract or he won't be a Wing next season.

As much as I'd love to keep Flip, with the cap dropping next season anything more than 4 million is too much. If he wants that much, wait for Babcock to bring up Nyquist and turn him into a centre. I have a feeling that Flip will get a 3 year 12 million contract or he won't be a Wing next season.

Buy outs will help a bit on that front. Replace Sammy's $3m with Nyquist at $875k & maybe Carlo's $2.5m for Lashoff at $725k. That now gives the Wings ~$22.4m to spend on probably 3 forwards, 3 d-men, & a goalie. The Wings will have 5 UFA/RFA forwards going into the off season & I would think the priority might be to sign Brunner first though I think Andersson will be locked up sooner given that he's an RFA. God forbid we have another "sign Mule or Hossa" situation happen between Brunner & Flip for everyone to ***** about for the next 5 years if the Wings lose one of them. Even worse, God forbid Cleary is one of the 3 re-signed.

Flip isn't worth more than he's making now. Any raise would be based on the anticipation of future growth, which isn't going to happen. He has never broken out and is already in his prime. Is rather trade him for something than let him walk for nothing, but as you've all established, its going to be hard to do that.

And if it's between him and Brunner, then it's a no brainer. Brunner brings more to the table than a competent center.

Flip isn't worth more than he's making now. Any raise would be based on the anticipation of future growth, which isn't going to happen. He has never broken out and is already in his prime. Is rather trade him for something than let him walk for nothing, but as you've all established, its going to be hard to do that.

And if it's between him and Brunner, then it's a no brainer. Brunner brings more to the table than a competent center.

And the only time Flip has shown any offensive touch is when playing the wing, not center. Sure he brings a lot to the table as a solid 2-way player but the Wings need someone who can put the puck in the net.

And the only time Flip has shown any offensive touch is when playing the wing, not center. Sure he brings a lot to the table as a solid 2-way player but the Wings need someone who can put the puck in the net.

I agree. I like Flip but with Andersson, Helm and Sheahan near ready, we have a nice crop of centers already. I would like to get a couple REAL wingers and scorers in here. Tatar is a LW and ready, Nyquist is a natural LW...if we could get a high scoring RW in here that would be great! Brunner is showing good so far, get one more to hook up with Dats and we could make some noise...

I am not sure Flip would bring us that scorer, but you never know. I have always wanted Ryan or Perry here, but the Ducks are doing very well and would probably be looking to move picks instead of players. I wonder if Calgary would interested in Filppula?

Edited by LeftWinger

I agree. I like Flip but with Andersson, Helm and Sheahan near ready, we have a nice crop of centers already. I would like to get a couple REAL wingers and scorers in here. Tatar is a LW and ready, Nyquist is a natural LW...if we could get a high scoring RW in here that would be great! Brunner is showing good so far, get one more to hook up with Dats and we could make some noise...

I am not sure Flip would bring us that scorer, but you never know. I have always wanted Ryan or Perry here, but the Ducks are doing very well and would probably be looking to move picks instead of players. I wonder if Calgary would interested in Filppula?

And with the kids in GR either being ready now or in the next season or two, it's less about what the Wings can get back in trading Flip but what they may be losing out of in continuing to play him in a top 6 role if he's going to cap out at 40 points a season. If he really wants $4.5m a season, is that money better spent with a $875k Nyquist or $840k Tatar in his spot if he's going to be a winger or a $900k Calle Jarnkrok at center and using the rest of the money somewhere else? It's really coming down to opportunity cost as they continue to wait for Filppula to finally become that "star player" they thought he could be.

Wings trying to re-sign Filppula before the end of the season, but Filppula wants more than $5M. :lol:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/03/red_wings_making_progress_in_c.html

LOL WOW its time to let him go and hopefully holland is smart and deals him at the deadline , im hopeful we might find a contending team who would take him for a 1st round pick seeing as past rentals have fetched a 1st

not happy about howard hopefully its 6 years and not 7 for like 4.75 per but with howard at least i think we"d be able to find a trading partner for his services when mrazek is ready

as for brunner id be ok with something like 10 million for 3 years

Wings trying to re-sign Filppula before the end of the season, but Filppula wants more than $5M. :lol:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/03/red_wings_making_progress_in_c.html

Filp played really good last night, especially for not playing for 7 games. He did get an assist on one of the Flames goals though, just randomly dishing it to mid ice within our zone... But, it honestly looked the best he's been in awhile, atleast in my opinion. Is he worth 5+mil/season? Eh, not so much, especially when he knows the cap is going down. What I don't get is all these players want all this money, but if you wanted your team to win.. you'd be willing to take a lower paycheck inorder to bring in more talent. Look at frickin Crosby who took a discount. I'm sorry, but if the best player in the world is willing to take a discount for their team, you better be frickin willing to take a discount for yours, because you sure as hell ain't no Crosby.

Filp played really good last night, especially for not playing for 7 games. He did get an assist on one of the Flames goals though, just randomly dishing it to mid ice within our zone... But, it honestly looked the best he's been in awhile, atleast in my opinion. Is he worth 5+mil/season? Eh, not so much, especially when he knows the cap is going down. What I don't get is all these players want all this money, but if you wanted your team to win.. you'd be willing to take a lower paycheck inorder to bring in more talent. Look at frickin Crosby who took a discount. I'm sorry, but if the best player in the world is willing to take a discount for their team, you better be frickin willing to take a discount for yours, because you sure as hell ain't no Crosby.

Crosby? He is making 12 mil a year for the next three years, I'm sure the "discount" he is taking is hurting his wallet oh so much...

Crosby? He is making 12 mil a year for the next three years, I'm sure the "discount" he is taking is hurting his wallet oh so much...

Huh?

Sidney Crosby:

2012-13 $7,500,000 $7,500,000 $0 $8,700,000

and then...

2013-14 $12,000,000 $12,000,000 $0 $0 $8,700,000
2014-15 $12,000,000 $12,000,000 $0 $0 $8,700,000
he's still only hitting 8.7 in the cap hit and for the best player in the world... yeah... that's a discount. Look at Ovi.
Edited by evilzyme

I swear to God, if Filpulla is going to be our Datsyuk replacement, I'll break something.

I'm not going to freak out yet, though. It's only natural that Holland would offer Flip a contract as a courtesy. If he doesn't have a deal to trade him lined up, why not? Flip isn't great and doesn't really make this team dangerous, but he doesn't hurt it either. But I hope Holland has the good sense to know not to give him a raise. I'm tired of seeing contracts based on potential future output. He's not a prospect anymore. He's a competent second line center, but not a standout one. That's all. He doesn't have any sort of killer scoring instinct, and his playmaking, while sometimes brilliant, is only average most of the time.

He's defensively strong most of the time, but again--not a standout.

Sooner or later this team needs a shakeup, and Filppula needs to be tops on that list, if only because he's our only tradable commodity.

I swear to God, if Filpulla is going to be our Datsyuk replacement, I'll break something.

I'm not going to freak out yet, though. It's only natural that Holland would offer Flip a contract as a courtesy. If he doesn't have a deal to trade him lined up, why not? Flip isn't great and doesn't really make this team dangerous, but he doesn't hurt it either. But I hope Holland has the good sense to know not to give him a raise. I'm tired of seeing contracts based on potential future output. He's not a prospect anymore. He's a competent second line center, but not a standout one. That's all. He doesn't have any sort of killer scoring instinct, and his playmaking, while sometimes brilliant, is only average most of the time.

He's defensively strong most of the time, but again--not a standout.

Sooner or later this team needs a shakeup, and Filppula needs to be tops on that list, if only because he's our only tradable commodity.

The only thing that scares me about losing Filp is losing Pasha along with him. We lose Filp, it doesn't hurt as much if Pasha re-signs on another 1-2 years because he can play the 2nd line center. If we lose Filp and Pasha, then we're SOL on a 2nd line center and they don't come easy. I'm frustrated as much as anyone else when it comes and came to the development of Filp, every year we thought it was going to be "his year." What scares me is that he's going to play lights out, like any other player would in a contract year, sign his contract and call it a day. If he keeps his level up from yesterday, I personally thought he was one of the better forwards out there. That is, also neglecting the fact that he had an assist on one of the Flames goals.

I have always been in the "keep Flip" camp, but IF the reports are true that he is asking for more than 5 mil per on a new contract and thus will likely walk anyway when the Wings refuse to bend over, I would rather get something for him now than be left empty-handed as he walks away giving us the one gun salute...

If we trade Filppula this year, and lose Datsyuk next year...I think Jarnkrok will be more than capable of stepping into the lineup as the 2nd line center for the 2014-15 season.

Does anyone agree?

Edited by robb himself