#1 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

Shanaban's explanation:

http://video.nhl.com...id=60&id=203576

Seems fair to me.  At best it was a reckless play.  He was in no position to really be able to grab the puck.  

To me it looked like he was initially reaching for the puck, but then took the opportunity to give Hossa a shot.  It's hard to tell for sure because there's not a great camera angle of it that I've seen.

EDIT:  actually, seeing the NHL suspension video I'm more convinced it was an intentional forearm.  

#2 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

And if you read Hansen explaining what happened, some mumbling in there like he was explaining both players were going up for a hail mary pass and he "accidently" came down on Hossa

Hope Hossa will be ok and recover quick
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#3 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

And if you read Hansen explaining what happened, some mumbling in there like he was explaining both players were going up for a hail mary pass and he "accidently" came down on Hossa

Hope Hossa will be ok and recover quick

I hadn't heard his explanation but I'm not really that surprised.  Even with plays that are clearly intentional players don't cop to it.  Which makes sense because they don't want to get suspended even longer. 

I don't think he necessarily wanted to crack Hossa in the back of the head, but it looked like he was trying to give him a shot rather than it being incidental. 

#4 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

I hadn't heard his explanation but I'm not really that surprised.  Even with plays that are clearly intentional players don't cop to it.  Which makes sense because they don't want to get suspended even longer. 

I don't think he necessarily wanted to crack Hossa in the back of the head, but it looked like he was trying to give him a shot rather than it being incidental. 

There is a quick portion in this article here http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=656491

Can tell he was playing dumb
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#5 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

This seems fair. Looked pretty intentional to me.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#6 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

Total "accident".  This type of swatting at the puck "happens all the time".  I'm "certain there was no intent".  Just because the teams have a "history" doesn't mean he did it on purpose.  Hossa has already had concussions so he should've been wearing "better equipment". 

See how easy that is?

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."