• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
haroldsnepsts

Jannik Hansen suspended 1 game for elbow on Hossa

Rate this topic

Shanaban's explanation:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=203576

Seems fair to me. At best it was a reckless play. He was in no position to really be able to grab the puck.

To me it looked like he was initially reaching for the puck, but then took the opportunity to give Hossa a shot. It's hard to tell for sure because there's not a great camera angle of it that I've seen.

EDIT: actually, seeing the NHL suspension video I'm more convinced it was an intentional forearm.

And if you read Hansen explaining what happened, some mumbling in there like he was explaining both players were going up for a hail mary pass and he "accidently" came down on Hossa

Hope Hossa will be ok and recover quick

And if you read Hansen explaining what happened, some mumbling in there like he was explaining both players were going up for a hail mary pass and he "accidently" came down on Hossa

Hope Hossa will be ok and recover quick

I hadn't heard his explanation but I'm not really that surprised. Even with plays that are clearly intentional players don't cop to it. Which makes sense because they don't want to get suspended even longer.

I don't think he necessarily wanted to crack Hossa in the back of the head, but it looked like he was trying to give him a shot rather than it being incidental.

I hadn't heard his explanation but I'm not really that surprised. Even with plays that are clearly intentional players don't cop to it. Which makes sense because they don't want to get suspended even longer.

I don't think he necessarily wanted to crack Hossa in the back of the head, but it looked like he was trying to give him a shot rather than it being incidental.

There is a quick portion in this article here http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=656491

Can tell he was playing dumb

Total "accident". This type of swatting at the puck "happens all the time". I'm "certain there was no intent". Just because the teams have a "history" doesn't mean he did it on purpose. Hossa has already had concussions so he should've been wearing "better equipment".

See how easy that is?

esteef